Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-24-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
BigRed82

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Camaro
MyLink won't change songs on Bluetooth anymore

Anybody have this happen?

2015 2LT, not even a month old. The Bluetooth worked perfect until yesterday when neither the steering wheel or the MyLink screen would change the song. I have to physically change the song from the phone now. I use Google Play Music and I've never had this problem before.

I plan on calling the dealership tomorrow but I thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas about what I could do.
BigRed82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #2
Blutob2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
I doubt it's a mylink issue but more likely your phone did an update and that could be the problem. Try deleting the pairing on both phone and car and start over.
Blutob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
BigRed82

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutob2 View Post
I doubt it's a mylink issue but more likely your phone did an update and that could be the problem. Try deleting the pairing on both phone and car and start over.
yeah I tried that once. I had an update to Google Play Music, reversed the update, and now it works. I think it was a Google Play issue. Thanks for the response
BigRed82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:08 AM   #4
SteveSneed

Drives: 2011 RS V6 Vert, 2017 Sportage SX-T
Google Play Music

I've had problems with the Play Music app on my Galaxy S5 not responding to FF/REW commands via bluetooth. On two different BT devices connected to this S5, Amazon Music app and the native music player app will work fine but the Google Play Music app won't FF/REW.

I have not yet tested this on my new car. But I've heard similar complaints from others about Play Music. You should be able to do a similar test with the other apps on your phone to see if the problem is limited to the one app or all on your device.
SteveSneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 04:44 PM   #5
Colton5

Drives: 2015 Manual V6 1LT RS AGM Camaro
When I stream Spotify I never have an issue, but when I use iTunes, it barely skips songs and if I lock my phone it also stops the music. Super weird..
Colton5 is offline   Reply With Quote