Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-23-2015, 11:47 AM   #1
BigRed82

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Camaro
New Phone, Bluetooth doesn't display artist/song titles

So I updated to a new Samsung Note 4 phone and now my MyLink won't display the artist or song title when I play music from my phone.

I went to the dealership and had the firmware updated and still... Nothing.

Any ideas??
BigRed82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed82 View Post
So I updated to a new Samsung Note 4 phone and now my MyLink won't display the artist or song title when I play music from my phone.

I went to the dealership and had the firmware updated and still... Nothing.

Any ideas??
It's not the My Link, I think it is the phone. Somewhere in the setup of your phone there is a setting that when turned on, allows the phone to push data when in bluetooth. Turn this function on and you should be good to go....
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
It's not the My Link, I think it is the phone. Somewhere in the setup of your phone there is a setting that when turned on, allows the phone to push data when in bluetooth. Turn this function on and you should be good to go....
Yeah I used to be a Samsung Rep and this is correct, under Settings > Bluetooth > (your radio) it should be allowed for music, calls, etc. There's certain settings there.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #4
BigRed82

Gotcha. I'm having my backup camera installed right now. When I get the car back in ~1 hour I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the help! :-)
Old 02-23-2015, 03:11 PM   #5
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I have this issue, as well, and don't know that there is a way to get it to show up.

Nexus 5, running latest version of Android (5.0.1)
In the bluetooth settings, I only have 2 options (and a checkbox to turn the function off/on):

-media audio
-contact sharing

I've given up trying to figure it out. it kinda sucks, but nothing I'm too concerned about...will keep an eye here to see if something pops up.
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #6
BigRed82

Hazy, and others.... I've been doing some research.

Apparently Chevrolet uses AVRCP version 1.3 - this is the component of Bluetooth that allows song titles and other "metadata" to be transferred from your phone to the MyLink head unit.

The Samsung galaxy note 4 (my new phone and like other phones) uses the AVRCP version 1.4 - so there's a conflict there. Supposedly 1.4 is backwards compatible but that is obviously not the case.

Something has to give. Either Chevrolet updates with firmware (doubtful) or Samsung allows you to revert to 1.3 (doubtful).

Source: http://www.Chevrolet.com/mylink-colo...adio-2013.html
Old 02-23-2015, 05:00 PM   #7
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
ugh. looking on XDA, it appears that I'm stuck with this on my N5...oh well.

Perhaps I will try a new rom and see if it works...I know that CyanogenMod has the 2.0.2 rom already out...perhaps this will fix the issue.

Kind of a pain to swap roms, but not too bad with mah Nexus..maybe something worth looking into for your Note 4? Though, I recall samsung having a serious lock on those things...one of the reasons I went nexus this time around....
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote