Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-04-2023, 08:22 AM   #15
GXP08jrf

Drives: 2016 1LT 'Vert
Not a a lot of real value, insight or depth to his videos. Either he’s not current on technology, hasn’t done the appropriate research, he oversimplifies, he just doesn’t know what he’s talking about or some combination of these. This is a recurring theme in the small sample of his videos I’ve attampted to watch.

The one example that comes to mind was his assessment of Start/Stop systems and the damage it does to the starter. He could’ve done a little research on how a dual stage Start/Stop starters are different than traditional single stage starters from a hardware improvement perspective and all the control software that goes into managing the system. He didn’t. I don’t know if it was laziness, bias against such systems (warranted or not), or he simply felt he already knew what he was talking about because he’s been dealing with starters for decades and they look about the same as they did in the ‘70s. Instead he insinuates that the starter will fail prematurely with absolutely no data to corroborate his assertion. His opinion in the end could be the same, but at least he could've provided the veiwer with some additional knowledge.

Scotty’s’s not too far off all of those videos we’ve all seen with the big, yellow block letters “DON’T BUY A CAMARO SS!” Then, when you watch the video, the creator is all upset because they live in Buffalo and the car has summer only tires. Clickbait defined (and they got me to click). The problem is that there is a false association with the quantity of followers and content accuracy on most media sites. Scotty’s no different, his content sells ads, and makes money for him and YouTube, and this is what’s important to understand. Yes, he can be entertaining in small doses, but after watching a few, they’re all about the same. In the long run, whether he liked or disliked the Camaro, has no bearing on me whatsoever (except to respond in this thread).
GXP08jrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 04:31 PM   #16
Casper the friendly G
Account Suspended

Drives: 17' Chevy Kamaro SS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post

I never listen to a guy who constantly bashes American cars. Thats all he does for the most part. American is all I buy and have not once been dissatisfied with my purchase.
Casper the friendly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 02:36 PM   #17
Mikey1925

Drives: 2022 1SS Rapid Blue, 6 speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
Love how he showed the instant MPG as proof the Camaro SS can hit 40 MPG......

Either the owner got one by Scotty or Scotty included it just for the clicks.
On a hundred mile freeway trip I got an overall 28.5 mpg with mine. I have a picture for proof. Anyways if I don't have my foot to the floor I normally average 21.5/22.0 city/hwy. Very respectable for a high powered V8 if you ask me.
Mikey1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 03:55 PM   #18
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1925 View Post
On a hundred mile freeway trip I got an overall 28.5 mpg with mine. I have a picture for proof. Anyways if I don't have my foot to the floor I normally average 21.5/22.0 city/hwy. Very respectable for a high powered V8 if you ask me.
28 MPG is believable. Small Block V8's are famous for being able to hit 30 MPG if you're really easy on it.

40 MPG? I would say you're smoking some good stuff......
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote