Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-23-2019, 05:43 AM   #29
Artryan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 , 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro
I sure wouldn't be holding my breath for the LT2 to find it's way into the Camaro. With sales the way they are, I don't think it will reach the 2023 MY. I think GM has basically closed the door and turned off the lights on the camaro. The new LT1 is nothing more than a parts bin model and will likely be another sales disappointment.
Artryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:45 AM   #30
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
1. There is no way it makes that much power and I’m a huge fan. There’s not much difference from the LT1 to LT2 except for cam heads intake and fuel. Of course all that is a big deal but 150hp over the LT1? No way!

2. The LT2 will of course be in the camaro soon. It makes complete financial sense for GM to migrate to one platform for cost savings. Chevy as always put the base vette engine in the camaro.

3. The LT5 is long gone guys. This makes absolutely no sense for GM as vette sales have already taken a hit with the ZL1 having the LT4. Why would anyone get a stingray over a ZL1. Probably bc they don’t know better and they think (well it’s a corvette).
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 08:44 AM   #31
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Lt5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoz28 View Post
1. There is no way it makes that much power and I’m a huge fan. There’s not much difference from the LT1 to LT2 except for cam heads intake and fuel. Of course all that is a big deal but 150hp over the LT1? No way!

2. The LT2 will of course be in the camaro soon. It makes complete financial sense for GM to migrate to one platform for cost savings. Chevy as always put the base vette engine in the camaro.

3. The LT5 is long gone guys. This makes absolutely no sense for GM as vette sales have already taken a hit with the ZL1 having the LT4. Why would anyone get a stingray over a ZL1. Probably bc they don’t know better and they think (well it’s a corvette).
I don't think its happening either but the only vette with an lt5 is done being produced so that leaves a little bit of room till 2023 for an lt5 camaro.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:12 AM   #32
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
I still say the car is a ringer from GM. At 495hp it would seem to be a nice upgrade over the LT1 but internally not much is different. So from a modding stand point it really doesn't hold an advantage. Same heads, same pistons, rods and crank. I think the only difference is the cam (slightly bigger) and the intake. These are things that get changed anyway when people are modding.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:20 AM   #33
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
dyno's are nice for checking if something you did improved or didn't on a baseline.

for everything else they're kinda useless. if you have 0-60 and quarter mile times or the lap time of whatever pet track you care about, then nothing else matters.

if a dyno says my car is 200hp and i'm doing 4 second 0-60's and sub 12s quarter miles...why would i care what hp the dyno says i have?
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:48 AM   #34
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artryan View Post
I sure wouldn't be holding my breath for the LT2 to find it's way into the Camaro. With sales the way they are, I don't think it will reach the 2023 MY. I think GM has basically closed the door and turned off the lights on the camaro. The new LT1 is nothing more than a parts bin model and will likely be another sales disappointment.
Lol, that's all in your imagination. Unless you have inside info we don't.

BTW, the entire Camaro linup is parts bin. It's a parts bin car in it's entirely except for it's body styling and a few other random parts.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:51 AM   #35
DaveC113

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I don't think its happening either but the only vette with an lt5 is done being produced so that leaves a little bit of room till 2023 for an lt5 camaro.
I agree, they could totally market that vs the Challenger Hellcat!

Oh, right... GM doesn't understand marketing, so...
Old 10-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #36
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Fake news. No way a NA 6.2 engine can make that kind of power and pass emissions. If it was possible then GM would of never put a Supercharger on the LT4. The entire reason why the LS7 went away in favor of a smaller displacement supercharged engine

Another way to look at it is, there is no way the LT2 can make that kind of power over a LT1 when they share the same bore, stroke, compression, heads, throttle body...etc a slight cam change along with a different Intake manifold, oil system, and exhaust isn't going to yield those gains. The advertised 495hp makes sense over the 460hp LT1.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:59 PM   #37
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Agreed the 5th gen Z/28 was not a sales hit and a bit misguided. It was too serious. But it had the best Chevy small block ever!!

So add the LT2 as an option to the SS1LE along with ZL1/LE suspension and aero call it the Z/28.

I strongly disagree that the SS 1LE is the best value. The base SS is a great track car also so it is a better value to track. Of course the SS 1LE is faster on a track if you know what you are doing. I am not knocking the SS 1LE it is a great Camaro. If you track and don't mind spending $7K extra. IT is not nearly as focused as that last Z/28 was however. And for the price of a 2SS 1LE you can buy a very lightly used ZL1. Who wouldn't prefer that? And it has already taken its biggest depreciation hit. Just talking value here.

Of course the very best V8 Camaro value now is clearly the LT1/LT1. All its missing from the SS is track cooling and rear Brembos. Most of the other things missing is mostly fluff. But if you are a tracker you should get at least the SS.
While that would make the best Z/28 given the parts available, the question becomes what price does it come in at.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:23 PM   #38
Artryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Lol, that's all in your imagination. Unless you have inside info we don't.

BTW, the entire Camaro linup is parts bin. It's a parts bin car in it's entirely except for it's body styling and a few other random parts.
I just don't see GM investing any money to make a change on a car that they claim is in its twilight of production. I hope I'm wrong, but there's nothing short of a total redesign that is going to bring the Camaro back to prominence. 30 or 40 more HP isn't going to do shit for sales. HP isn't the issue.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:26 PM   #39
Artryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoz28 View Post

Maybe it's because I live in KY, but I see something like 30 to 40 Z06's to every ZL1. I just can't see ZL1 sales even making a dent in Corvette sales.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:12 PM   #40
DaveC113

Quote:
HP isn't the issue.
WHaaaa... ?

Then on what basis is Dodge selling overpriced 4400 lb boats with 20 y/o chassis for big $$$?

If the ZL1 got the LT5 it would be a big deal, Chevy could accompany it with a whole ad campaign and could even come up with stupid names. How about the new Chevy ZL1 Crusader?
Old 10-23-2019, 07:37 PM   #41
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
I just don't see GM investing any money to make a change on a car that they claim is in its twilight of production. I hope I'm wrong, but there's nothing short of a total redesign that is going to bring the Camaro back to prominence. 30 or 40 more HP isn't going to do shit for sales. HP isn't the issue.
The Alpha Camaro’s production run was extended to 2023. That alone would be reason to make upgrades to keep it interesting and relevant. Eight year with the same engine(s) is a long time.

whiteboyblues2001 made a good observation with this post. Theory being that GM decided to skip the investment of Alpha2 and go straight to the VSS-R platform.
Name:  539E0157-B881-4B47-876F-34663589B06C.jpeg
Views: 298
Size:  138.0 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:57 PM   #42
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
That makes a lot of sense to me. Fingers crossed we get there
Even make a E or hybrid version maybe !
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote