Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-25-2017, 08:52 PM   #1
GreenMachine11

Drives: 2015 Bright Yellow 2SS 1LE
Send a message via Yahoo to GreenMachine11 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenMachine11
Cel help: knock sensor??

So I got my car tuned yesterday..

Side note: It has basic bolt-ons (CAI, Kooks LT's, Ported TB, Full custom 3" exhaust)

My tuner said the Cel my car was throwing indicated I had a bad or faulty knock sensor. He thought it might have something to do with the type of fuel I use (which I recently started using 100% pure 93 octane) He also thought it could be due to how loud my exhaust is, possibly causing it to trip?? Still pretty confused as to what it could be & a little worried to be quite honest. I've been reading a few posts on here where some LS3 cars with long tubes had melted the sensor wires because they weren't insulated & got too close to the headers 🔥..

Nevertheless, I'm going to be taking it back to my tuner to inspect the knock sensors. I'd rather avoid taking it to the dealer, if y'all get my drift.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
GreenMachine11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:58 AM   #2
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
SO you got dyno tune or canned tune? one the adjusting the AFR and timing will knock down the timing getting pulled for anti knock KR knock retard...... And yes people have melted things too close to the headers but most lash things out of the way. You may have a exhaust leak causing feed back simulating knock is what I think he may be hinting at, tuning is best done on a dyno with a well experienced motor head who adjusts things properly, on tuning mine..I use HFC, the rear o2s had to be deleted, & have a code deleted for delayed response from the fronts. Myself I would be doubtful of the knock sensors suddenly being bad and more suspicious of the tune etc..........

Last edited by christianchevell; 04-29-2017 at 09:12 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #3
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
What is the dtc? That will help us narrow down the cause. A circuit code could be a bad wire, a frequency code could be the sensor, or it picking up knock is pretty much just a knock the tuner didn't tune for correctly.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
GreenMachine11

Drives: 2015 Bright Yellow 2SS 1LE
Send a message via Yahoo to GreenMachine11 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenMachine11
Thanks...perhaps I could have an exhaust leak...

The code reader from autozone registered- "P0326- Bank 1 Knock Sensor 1electrical circuit was out of it's operating range or had a performance problem for a predetermined period of time."
GreenMachine11 is offline   Reply With Quote