Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-11-2016, 07:25 PM   #365
Jugdishian

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
Now that is a bit extreme. I'd rather burn my Camaro than buy Kia.
So were burning our camaros and buying kia's. If i can put my catch can on the kia I'm in.
Jugdishian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #366
HELLsx

Drives: 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
Now that is a bit extreme. I'd rather burn my Camaro than buy Kia.
Figures..... Your a "YUGO supersport with manual" guy!! Lol!!

2SS-RS-1LE.
Exhaust (NPP), Recaro's(AYZ), Navigation, Heads UP display, Boston acoustic (UHQ), Rear view camera, Sun roof (CF5) ...(hey, it was there...), Opt Gas cap (VQL), Optionnal carpet mats (VYW), rear cargo net (W2D). RS package (WRS) / with HID lightning and fogs (T4F and T3N).
Yep..... It was kinda loaded!! :-) but it was the last 2015 1LE in Canada. I wanted white.... I got BLACK!!!! Lol!!!
HELLsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:27 PM   #367
HELLsx

Drives: 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
My apologies for not updating y'all. I was up for ~40 hours straight from Sunday through Monday evening. I have been contacted by someone from GM and the situation is being investigated. I can't go into it much more than that other than to say a HUGE thank you to everyone in here for signing the petition and for the support and encouragement. Still don't have an answer but apparently we have been heard. Keep pushing the petition and I will update again when I can.

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
Good to hear!!! Hopefully they just didnt hear... They understood and do the right thing!!

Keep us posted!!

2SS-RS-1LE.
Exhaust (NPP), Recaro's(AYZ), Navigation, Heads UP display, Boston acoustic (UHQ), Rear view camera, Sun roof (CF5) ...(hey, it was there...), Opt Gas cap (VQL), Optionnal carpet mats (VYW), rear cargo net (W2D). RS package (WRS) / with HID lightning and fogs (T4F and T3N).
Yep..... It was kinda loaded!! :-) but it was the last 2015 1LE in Canada. I wanted white.... I got BLACK!!!! Lol!!!
HELLsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:48 PM   #368
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
My apologies for not updating y'all. I was up for ~40 hours straight from Sunday through Monday evening. I have been contacted by someone from GM and the situation is being investigated. I can't go into it much more than that other than to say a HUGE thank you to everyone in here for signing the petition and for the support and encouragement. Still don't have an answer but apparently we have been heard. Keep pushing the petition and I will update again when I can.

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
Please at least let us know, are they aware of the petition? If so, how'd they learn of it?

Old 05-12-2016, 03:41 AM   #369
MustbeaCamaro
MustbeaCamaro

Drives: "La Bamba" 2SS/RS Blue Ray Met 1LE
I signed.

What happen to a real techical root cause analysis. Where are the techs and engineers of this company and there so called elite dealers. GM needs to stop hiding behind legalese and do the right thing here. For good or bad they need to get in front of this, find the real cause and shout it from the roof tops they did the right thing.

This was the first time I bought a GM product over Ford or BMW. I was thinking of getting the up coming 2017 Camaro 2SS 1 LE. Unless I here something positive in this from GM I doubt that will happen. I so want to believe in this company.
MustbeaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:01 AM   #370
JeffInDFW
Camaro owner for 29 years

Drives: 96 Viper GTS/09 Sky Redline/95 Z28
F GM

Hey guys. I just signed, and was number 498. We only need 2 more to hit 500. Just put yourself in this guys place, you would want people to try to help you.

I wish I had gotten help. Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine Texas destroyed my car so badly while trying to service it that they damaged the engine, tried to repair it, screwed that up so badly it was barfing a TON of metal into the oil (which I was told all cars do that). They damaged every single body panel execept 3 requiring repaints of each panel. It went on and on like a nightmare until the service manager (Mr. Zorn) told me, "Your car will never be right again. If it was mine, I would sell it". And that is what I did. I took a bath on it because every place I took it could tell it had been repainted and did not give a crap that it was not due to a wreck. Lesson learned? NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LET ANY GM DEALERSHIP TOUCH YOUR CAR. Even if it is a warranty repair, I'll do it myself.

BTW, my entire story is documented on the Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice forum complete with photos.

JeffInDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:17 AM   #371
ROE

Drives: 2008 cts
so catch cans are no good in i just got one should i install it or not HELPPP
ROE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:30 AM   #372
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
without reading this whole post, doesn't it sound like a bad oil pump? and if they just put one in it woulda fixed the problem and no big deal????

Sounds like this dealership didn't do you any favors. What idiot mechanic would drive the car with bad oil pressure? And now they might have made things worse when all it needed was an oil pump. I wouldn't doubt they drove your car on purpose thinking knowing things would get worse and they'd get big money to repair it vs just an oil pump.
Problem is the dealer started the car and drove it. He said the odometer had 1 more mile on it then when it came off the tow truck. They hurt the motor since it now makes noise.

When mine went out the flatbed driver dropped in the dealer repair bay and it was pushed by techs into the service bay.

Knock on wood mine has been fine since and my oil pressure is about 4-5 pound higher now at all times than with the old pump.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:35 AM   #373
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROE View Post
so catch cans are no good in i just got one should i install it or not HELPPP
Go away Troll
Old 05-12-2016, 11:16 AM   #374
Scottiemac

Drives: Black 2015 1ss/rs
Took a while to get thru all the posts in this thread. This has to be taken care of. Signed a few min ago, hope it gets the message across. I bought my SS last November and a Impala LT last month GM! Take care of your loyal customers or you won't have any!
Scottiemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #375
dynoray

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1 LE
just signed this and hopefully they will hear everyone loud and clear. i just installed an Elite on the Camaro and hope to put one on my 2015 Hd soon.
dynoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:25 PM   #376
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Pressure is on! Keep signing.

https://www.change.org/p/alicia-bole...their-warranty
Old 05-12-2016, 12:32 PM   #377
Slimchance

Drives: 2015 2SS RS GF
Signed
Slimchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:42 PM   #378
richj92

Drives: 2010 1SS RS Camaro (Turbocharged)
Signed. Good luck!
richj92 is offline   Reply With Quote