Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-06-2023, 09:18 PM   #29
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I have an m6 SS, would I be able to swap a lsd from a i4/v6 manual into my car without much modifications? Diff went out and am planning on selling the car anyways, just want a cheaper replacement than a SS lsd to get the car moving.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:03 AM   #30
jacekpuzio

Drives: Camaro 2.0T 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
This was a very respectable project, congrats I'm also interested in the driving experience, how much different is it from stock?
Thanks! I feel that handling is now much more confident, when the rear wheels push a whole car inwards, since now power is distributed much more evenly. Talking about a more aggressive ride ofc. In the city during normal, calm driving, can't feel the difference.

Waiting for the winter, some benefits should be noticeable then too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDanny View Post
I have an m6 SS, would I be able to swap a lsd from a i4/v6 manual into my car without much modifications? Diff went out and am planning on selling the car anyways, just want a cheaper replacement than a SS lsd to get the car moving.
According to the table in the first post, M6 SS is 3.73 whereas the AT/MT in i4/v6 diffs are 3.27.
jacekpuzio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto, gear ratio, manual, transmission