Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-22-2020, 11:31 AM   #15
AustexaSS
Build Date - Dec 08, 2014

Drives: 2015 Z/28, #1007, Black A/C Stereo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodCheck View Post
Stirring up an old topic here, but curious how drivability was after these upgrades; especially low RPM street driving (and stuck in traffic scenarios).
My Z is already upgraded, but toying with the idea of tacking a bit more onto her now that I have most of the parts to take it back to stock when I want. One downside to doing that though is core exchange; I have heads redone by LPE on the car right now, and I have a set of brand new in the box LS7 heads that have never been bolted on. Hate to get only 1500 back for the core charge on either of those :/ (would returning the LPE done heads as a core even be an option).
Leave the stock cam as is if the low range rpm is that important, even with great tuning you will notice some difference with a larger cam, but I think you know that already.

As for the heads call and talk to RPM about sending and retaining your originals. The swaps are normally offered because people want quick turnaround because they can’t go without a vehicle for “x” amount of time. Texas Speed offers this non swap, rebuild service as do others, can’t imagine RPM would not do the same.
AustexaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:45 PM   #16
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustexaSS View Post
Leave the stock cam as is if the low range rpm is that important, even with great tuning you will notice some difference with a larger cam, but I think you know that already.

As for the heads call and talk to RPM about sending and retaining your originals. The swaps are normally offered because people want quick turnaround because they can’t go without a vehicle for “x” amount of time. Texas Speed offers this non swap, rebuild service as do others, can’t imagine RPM would not do the same.
I'm not on a stock cam right now; LPE GT19 (had GPI SS2 in my last Z/28). I know there is some variability, I was just asking how streetable the setup was in case I decide to bump the power up a bit at some point. If I don't go for 600+ though, it wouldn't be worth the time or money doing (sitting @ 545/490 at the wheels right now). Just something I'm mulling around while stockpiling stock parts.
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:46 PM   #17
Icedog

Drives: 2015 Z28 #158(Black)& #955 (White)
Dyno

What Dyno did you run these #’s on?
Icedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:03 PM   #18
Fast.Freddie
2015 Z/28 #48

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #48
Digging up an old thread. Very impressive! Does this car have the stock fuel pump and injectors ? That’s the biggest gains I’ve seen from a ported Mamo MSD .. Nice work!
Fast.Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 07:35 PM   #19
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Phil changed his to Injector COnnection 650s. Stock ones about maxed out on a setup like this, so swap em for lower duty cycle. Your tuner can show you what duty cycle you're at. Otherwise, stock pump.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:45 AM   #20
Fast.Freddie
2015 Z/28 #48

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
Phil changed his to Injector COnnection 650s. Stock ones about maxed out on a setup like this, so swap em for lower duty cycle. Your tuner can show you what duty cycle you're at. Otherwise, stock pump.
Thank you for the reply, 700 CC Injectors and DSX Flex sensor ordered as the snow ball continues to roll!
Fast.Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote