The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #15
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
The Camaro5 moderators are the moderators of Corvette7 too.

Unless Tran decides to make new people mods specifically for this site. Which would be a good idea IMO.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #16
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by New C7 View Post
That forum is just about money. The sponsors can get members banned for the smallest reason. I was banned because they claimed I was selling without paying $275/mo vendor fee, which I wasn't. Some vendors post extremely misleading info to sell their products and moderators let them do it. When a member calls them out, the post gets cut and the member get banned. Ads and pop up very irritating.

The C7 section is full of trolls and guys slamming the C7 because they say its overweight, under powered, and ugly. Mainly because they love their C6 which is fine, but if they like the C6 so much, why are they on the C7 forum?
That sucks so many forums go crappy cuz greed for money.

C5 great forum .. well best just cause size & gm uses them but samething have banned people for disagreeing with sponsors lol..

How is the C7 under powered?
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #17
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Unless Tran decides to make new people mods specifically for this site. Which would be a good idea IMO.
Yeah ill be one. Always home..

Let's be a little more relaxed.
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 08-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #18
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Yeah I don't think the sites should share the same moderators for obvious reasons. This forum needs a fresh start. Especially since it looks like its heading towards a very positive direction. A great bunch of people are here.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #19
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Yeah I don't think the sites should share the same moderators for obvious reasons. This forum needs a fresh start. Especially since it looks like its heading towards a very positive direction. A great bunch of people are here.
Needs people that are stingray lovers.. and want to be on this site..
Old 08-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #20
FenwickHockey65

There were plenty of good choices from the early days of this site who signed up and were active right away.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #21
MB1

Drives: BMW M3
I used corvetteforums.com to look at C6 stuff when I close to buying one. I have been excited about the C7 since seeing the launch.

I've seen the same 3 or 4 people that really hate the new direction of the new car comment on every thread. I don't mind differing points of views but wow, it's just negative to the point it gets very personal. I don't get it and its draining wading through the negativity.

The problem is I like this forum much better but the activity and information is very very light. Hoping it will pick up soon when we get them on the streets.

By the way, I'm one of those whipper snappers many over there they hate (close to 40 LOL). I love love the new direction and all the complaints I had about the C6 seem to be corrected. I went to the bash and the 60th in Bowling Green where I spent a LOT of time sitting in the cars. I'll be driving one in 2014 for sure and giving the wife the M3 and not buying the Cayman I was close to putting in the garage.
MB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #22
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
I used corvetteforums.com to look at C6 stuff when I close to buying one. I have been excited about the C7 since seeing the launch.

I've seen the same 3 or 4 people that really hate the new direction of the new car comment on every thread. I don't mind differing points of views but wow, it's just negative to the point it gets very personal. I don't get it and its draining wading through the negativity.

The problem is I like this forum much better but the activity and information is very very light. Hoping it will pick up soon when we get them on the streets.

By the way, I'm one of those whipper snappers many over there they hate (close to 40 LOL). I love love the new direction and all the complaints I had about the C6 seem to be corrected. I went to the bash and the 60th in Bowling Green where I spent a LOT of time sitting in the cars. I'll be driving one in 2014 for sure and giving the wife the M3 and not buying the Cayman I was close to putting in the garage.
Welcome to the forum, MB1! We're glad that you're here!

We're all a good bunch of C7 lovers on this forum. So it'll be rare that you'll ever see us bashing the C7 on here. Now of course, every forum has its bad eggs.

Corvette7 is a very young forum. We haven't even been online for a year yet. We're trying our best to keep the site up to date with information, so if you see anything that's not on this forum, post it up! If its any type of news about the C7, Tran (The admin) will add it to the homepage for all other Corvette7 visitors to see.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #23
FenwickHockey65

The forum did start with the debut of the C7, so most everyone here who is actually active are C7 fans. I think almost all are Corvette fans in general though.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #24
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
This is good to hear. Thanks Tran!
I love your sig!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #25
gthal

Drives: 2014 Z51 coupe
I agree with everything written here. CF can be a crazy place sometimes and it really takes away from the fun. I have found that I too get caught up in the drama (on the supporter side) as much as I try not to. The only thing this forum needs is more people posting and then it would be perfect!!
1996 BMW M3 | Estoril blue | Track car | Heavily modded for the track but still street legal... barely
Previous: 2011 M3 coupe | Jerez black | Fox Red interior | Competition Package | M-DCT
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #26
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I agree with everything written here. CF can be a crazy place sometimes and it really takes away from the fun. I have found that I too get caught up in the drama (on the supporter side) as much as I try not to. The only thing this forum needs is more people posting and then it would be perfect!!
With time it will come. Good things come to those who wait.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #27
FenwickHockey65

Once people actually start getting their C7s and start looking for a forum to join, this place will really pick up.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #28
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Agreed.