The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #43
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Hopefully more people stumble upon this site like you have!
As more cars are sold & people talking about site to car owners it will
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:06 AM   #44
1KUIKC7

Drives: 2015 Zo6 3zl
Only been on two days now and it rocks!!
1KUIKC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #45
WARP TEN

Drives: 95 ZR-1
I am regularly on another forum run by vBulletin, the ZR-1 Net Registry forum (www.zr1.net/forum). It is an older forum focused on our C4 limited production cars with a great knowledge base and members. Yes you do sometimes get a dispute but not too often but most of the time it is simply informational and very interactive. I do like the format that vBulletin uses; it is similar to this one. I don't like ads but do support all of our sponsoring organizations. I suspect as more C7s get bought this one will grow and it will work the same way. It all depends on the people and how they chose to manage this asset. I am here because I am thinking about a C7. It looks like an outstanding car. Very different from the C4 ZR-1, but it will be special to many people in the future just like ours are. That should generate some good discussions here. I look forward to it. --Bob
1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" (FOR SALE)
--Haibeck 350/510hp package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #46
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
This is still my favorite site! Been here since the beginning stages when Tran proposed it in Camaro5 and a number of us were ecstatic. We followed C7 from gestation onwards... and still do! Most members here are friendly, open-minded, and aren't grouchy (well some are, haha but you're excused)... and I'm so glad the Corvette's demographics has expanded to the age bracket below or well-below 50s. Like moi.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #47
WARP TEN

Drives: 95 ZR-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
This is still my favorite site! Been here since the beginning stages when Tran proposed it in Camaro5 and a number of us were ecstatic. We followed C7 from gestation onwards... and still do! Most members here are friendly, open-minded, and aren't grouchy (well some are, haha but you're excused)... and I'm so glad the Corvette's demographics has expanded to the age bracket below or well-below 50s. Like moi.
Now wait just a minute....what's wrong with demographics of well above 60 (maybe a little below 70)? I still run low 12s in my almost 20 year old Z and we're not grouchy...although open mindedness was probably left behind a few years ago.... And I like the look of the C7. That has to count for something! --Bob
1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" (FOR SALE)
--Haibeck 350/510hp package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 12-02-2013 at 04:14 PM.
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #48
REVVIC

Drives: 2014 Z51 Velocity Yellow
Corvette7 is a great forum. Thanks Tran and current sponsors. All of us need to keep this site informative and not inflammatory, a community and not a combat zone. It will be fun to watch the forum evolve as we not only learn about the C7 but also as we grow an on-line fellowship around a spectacular vehicle.
REVVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #49
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVVIC View Post
Corvette7 is a great forum. Thanks Tran and current sponsors. All of us need to keep this site informative and not inflammatory, a community and not a combat zone. It will be fun to watch the forum evolve as we not only learn about the C7 but also as we grow an on-line fellowship around a spectacular vehicle.
So far alot better then stingrayforums
I post drag strip pic of dash for someone. They delete because people complained.. Didn't realize we need disclaimer for any pics lil

Sent From The Q on the Galaxy S4
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 11-30-2013, 12:21 AM   #50
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
So far alot better then stingrayforums
I post drag strip pic of dash for someone. They delete because people complained.. Didn't realize we need disclaimer for any pics lil

Sent From The Q on the Galaxy S4
I find it frigin' hilarious that someone on a vette forum would complain about someone else would take their vette to the drag strip. I guess they bought their cars simply as a conversation piece. lmao

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #51
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
I used corvetteforums.com to look at C6 stuff when I close to buying one. I have been excited about the C7 since seeing the launch.

I've seen the same 3 or 4 people that really hate the new direction of the new car comment on every thread. I don't mind differing points of views but wow, it's just negative to the point it gets very personal. I don't get it and its draining wading through the negativity.

The problem is I like this forum much better but the activity and information is very very light. Hoping it will pick up soon when we get them on the streets.

By the way, I'm one of those whipper snappers many over there they hate (close to 40 LOL). I love love the new direction and all the complaints I had about the C6 seem to be corrected...
Great post…I was active on Camaro5 but went to CF just because it was more widely used for corvette owners. I hope it gets a little more active around here as well. I've always been impressed with most of the users of C5; BeckyD is awesome.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #52
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
I find it frigin' hilarious that someone on a vette forum would complain about someone else would take their vette to the drag strip. I guess they bought their cars simply as a conversation piece. lmao
Exactly. One guy wouldn't launch his car lmao
But they assume since they don't goto track no one does. Assumed I was on the street.. all u seen in pic was dash..
People are retarded
Don't even ask. Just complain to moderator. If racing offends u don't get a sports car or at very least don't go on forums where people bought the car for it performance not as a lawn decoration . That's what my Gnome
Old 11-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #53
AlexY

Drives: NYC Subway...
It seems I was in the same boat as a lot of you guys, I was a LONGTIME member of DigitalCorvettes but for some reason a few of the veteran members really hated the new C7 even before it came out, all of the BS and bickering and personal attacks just got stupid and old. This site I've found is a lot better, everyone seems friendly and excited for the new Corvette and I'm quickly becoming a big fan!
AlexY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #54
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexY View Post
It seems I was in the same boat as a lot of you guys, I was a LONGTIME member of DigitalCorvettes but for some reason a few of the veteran members really hated the new C7 even before it came out, all of the BS and bickering and personal attacks just got stupid and old. This site I've found is a lot better, everyone seems friendly and excited for the new Corvette and I'm quickly becoming a big fan!
A lot of people just don't like change.

The same thing happened when the 5th gen Camaro refresh came out.

Anyway, welcome!