Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-14-2019, 10:23 AM   #71
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Dealer warranty work short of a long block change, does not adversely effect the price of the vehicle. Never has, never will. Again if we are talking about an accident. Or something that would brand the title, then YES completely agree. But warranty work is (should) be done within manufacturer spec and procedures. There are paths you can take if warranty work is not done properly, or if there is a lemon situation. But to think that your car had a connecting rod replaced under warranty is a non-issue. If you didnt ask and push to know, you'd never know. And it wouldnt be a problem unless it was a problem again. At that point it would get warrantied again. Like I said, this is not a big deal. F that dealer. Enjoy that 1LE and dont let some warranty work sour you on the car. Hell man, lots of guys will eventually pull their motors to upgrade them for boost and whatnot. Its not a huge deal. Now if the dealer had to warranty repaint half the car, or replace the roof panel from some sort of oopsie from when it was new on their lot, then yes you need to know.

This happened to me with my scat. It was brand new. Turns out the drivers window was busted out by someone at some point when it was on the lot before I got it. They replaced the window under warranty and had a third party company do it. They didnt tell me about it. And I noticed my window would not seal correctly when the door closed.

So I brought it back and thats when I was told what happened. There was still glass in the door panel and under the drivers seat. So at 500 miles, the door seal was replaced and they had to remove the seat and the drivers door panel to "finish" vacuuming up the glass. The shards were in the seat tracks in the grease, and the seat would crush them when I moved it back. They never could get it all out of the tracks, so they replaced the entire seat assembly and the door panel because they screwed it up taking it off. 4 days later, I finally had a "new" car that did not have a leaky window seal or crunching glass sounds when I moved the seat up to let my kids in.

I was pissed yes, but it was all taken care of and 29k miles later it was never a problem again. I just started thinking about it again from your thread here.

TOTALLY INCORRECT!

Dodge viper under warranty with a motor replacement is 10K less in value right off the start. Sorry great story other wise.
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:55 AM   #72
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueinTN View Post
TOTALLY INCORRECT!

Dodge viper under warranty with a motor replacement is 10K less in value right off the start. Sorry great story other wise.

You missed the first sentence of the post you quoted. You both actually agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:12 AM   #73
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
Quote;

Dealer warranty work short of a long block change, does not adversely effect the price of the vehicle. Never has, never will.

End Quote:

Totally disagree.

I dont like it. I would buy a Viper with a new replacement warranty with out worries. Bearings still need to be checked but at least its not trashed.
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:49 AM   #74
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueinTN View Post
Quote;

Dealer warranty work short of a long block change, does not adversely effect the price of the vehicle. Never has, never will.

End Quote:

Totally disagree.

I dont like it. I would buy a Viper with a new replacement warranty with out worries. Bearings still need to be checked but at least its not trashed.
Doesn't matter if you like it or not, that's the way it is. It only affects the price with what you would pay. Does not affect the actual selling price of the car. Nobody is going to knock $10k off the price for joe blow who says he wouldn't pay that when they can sell it to 99% of the population for the book value.

10k off because the engine was changed under warranty..... get out of here with that
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:58 PM   #75
Grimfrost769

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty1707 View Post
I was on the fence about this but...if it is not a "BIG DEAL" then why would the Dealer keep the information from the OP? OP has every right to be pissed. I would make a you tube video about their practices and send it to them and post it all over social media including here. Dealer did not go into this deal with clean hands and should be called out to save someone else from a worse situation than this.

The fact that OP asked for the information and it was not given to him, changes the situation. Dealer should have disclosed it before OP had to ask, but the sale is more important than morals, values and integrity from the Dealer. This Dealers practices are corrupt and then to top it off, they treat you like you did something wrong. Just my 2 cents.
It is painfully clear that the GM of the dealership holds these views. The attitude of this particular individual exemplified the dealership. He simply would only apologize and offer maybe some services. And he would only talk to me about that if I would come to the dealership. Presumably to make me sign something, which I am not going to do.. They would take great joy in taking me to court and making me pay the legal fees.

I bought a used Camaro, but I'm not stupid.Their resources are endless compared to mine.
Grimfrost769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:14 PM   #76
Fun

Drives: 2020 V6 Auto 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfrost769 View Post
Recently, I bought a used 2018 1SS 1LE with under 5,000k miles at a local dealer in NC.

Before buying this I had asked if any accidents, services, or warranty work done. My sales person said they service every car that comes in and that no warranty had been done. He said he would have all that for me as we came back from the test drive. We talk numbers and the purchase goes through. I end up getting the car. A day or so later I noticed they did not give me any additional paperwork in regards to the cars history.After doing some digging I found out that this car had suffered 2 integral engine part failures less than a 300 miles apart and replaced.

Naturally I was not pleased to hear about this and even less so once I realized that they omitted this prior to sale and after the sale of the vehicle until I said something. The sales manager and I fought for over an hour. His general consensus was that the car works and it doesn't matter despite the fact his sales man lied about it.
They basically refused to do anything or compensate me for this omission about 2 failures and it was not disclosed to me before,during, or after the sale. He said there was nothing they were willing to do nor offer me anything and simply wanted me off the phone.

Any advice?
Anything new?
Fun is offline   Reply With Quote