The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-13-2020, 08:49 AM   #15
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
This makes me want a Sierra even more. Good info.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:09 AM   #16
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
This makes me want a Sierra even more. Good info.
Love my 2017 Denali. Still my favorite truck I've been in and used. Admit I'm not much of a fan of the new ones though - appearance wise inside and out.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:01 AM   #17
lbls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Love my 2017 Denali. Still my favorite truck I've been in and used. Admit I'm not much of a fan of the new ones though - appearance wise inside and out.
I am glad you said that I was sorely disappointed in the revised designs, especially Silverado. I've warmed up to Sierra, as the profile is actually pretty good. Not too keen on the grille, but its also a nice looking truck. I still hate the new Silverado.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:11 AM   #18
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
The multimatic shocks on the ZR2 are incredible. They give a smooth, comfortable ride yet absorb potholes like they aren't even there. Then there's the off-road capability...
I absolutely love my ZR2. I'm tempted to pick up Z28 multimatics for my Camaro as I am 1000% sold on them now.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:22 AM   #19
NW-99SS

Quote:
I am glad you said that I was sorely disappointed in the revised designs, especially Silverado. I've warmed up to Sierra, as the profile is actually pretty good. Not too keen on the grille, but its also a nice looking truck. I still hate the new Silverado.
More or less the same for me. My biggest peeve is the new mirrors...so fugly on either the Chevy or GMC. Second is the lackluster interior. I truly like the previous interior better, and I've been in the new 2020 HD Denali fully loaded as well, still lacks compared to my 2017.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 02-17-2020, 06:46 PM   #20
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
I like the new Silverado a lot when equipped right. I hate the new Sierra look. The rear of the wheelwells being squared off, while the front of the wheelwells being chamfered just looks goofy, rushed, not well thoughtout, and done just to do something different than Chevy. If they didn't want to run the same rounded wheelwells as the Silverado then stick with fully squared off wheelwells. The cutouts for the foglights of the new Sierra are also weird looking, and I'm not a fan of the new Sierra wheels. The sad thing is, is that the new Sierra appears to be a better all around truck with options not offered to the Silverados, but I just don't think it looks good at all. JMO.

I like the Canyon Denalli for the $ you can get them for. Just wish they would update it some as it seems a little behind the times in a few area's. No push button start, blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, dual-zone climate control, etc. These things wouldn't so much matter to me, but we are talking about a Denalli here.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:12 PM   #21
speedup

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
Can magnaride be disabled? I mean is there a mode or setting that disables the system?

What I am really trying to do is have a comparison with the system on and off to see just how much of an impact it has on ride quality

2017 2SS, Hyper Blue, 8sp, NPP, MRC
speedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:23 PM   #22
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedup View Post
Can magnaride be disabled? I mean is there a mode or setting that disables the system?

What I am really trying to do is have a comparison with the system on and off to see just how much of an impact it has on ride quality
I don't think so. If the MR quit working that would be like riding around on a broken or blown out shocks/struts I would imagine. Probably just the spings supporting the weight and impact of everything without much shock dampening. I don't think they would work like a regular shock/strut if the system went down.

IDK that for sure though. Still MR is awesome for giving a comfortable ride on what otherwise would be a firm riding setup.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:10 AM   #23
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedup View Post

No it cannot.

I was skeptical of MR before I drove one. So I did an immediate comparison between the current truck I owned at the time, and the 2017 I eventually bought. Drove them 5 mins apart, same roads. Details - both trucks are/were stock ride height, stock suspension, no modifications at all:

Truck I owned before trading:

2014 Sierra Denali 6.2 A6 Crewcab 4x4 - 20" Factory Wheels

Truck I test drove and bought:

2017 Sierra Denali 6.2 A8 Crewcab 4x4 - 22" Factory Wheels

NOTE: Just the 22" wheels put the 2017 at a ride quality disadvantage before my comparison even began.

My wife was with me, and we both noticed a much better ride. We purposely drove both trucks on rougher streets to get a feel for how the suspension absorbed potholes, cracks, heaves, etc.

The MR does not take away the movement associated with running over a bump/crack. The suspension still communicates road imperfections. What it does well - is reduce the harshness of how the bumps and road imperfections hit the truck. It's a bit hard to describe unless you drive one truck with and one without. That is the best way to experience it.

Fast forward 3 years to today. My work provides a 2019 Silverado 5.3 A8 Crewcab 4x4 LT - 18" wheels (decent options, but no leather - heated seats, heated wheel, NAV, etc). I drive it daily to work and only drive my Denali occasionally - mostly when I need to the box for room to put stuff. That said, every time I drive my Denali, I immediately notice how much smoother it is than my work truck - it's night and day better. Again, this is with a significant sidewall disadvantage as the work truck has much smaller wheels.

If you daily drive a Denali - you will lose the sensation of the smooth ride after some time. It won't be until you ride in another truck without MR that you will realize how much better the MR in the Denali really is. I truly don't get the owners who delete their MR system because the shocks cost more. First, they should, they are an active damping shock. Second, why not buy an SLT or other truck if you don't want the Denali options anyway?
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 02-21-2020, 08:47 AM   #24
lbls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
More or less the same for me. My biggest peeve is the new mirrors...so fugly on either the Chevy or GMC. Second is the lackluster interior. I truly like the previous interior better, and I've been in the new 2020 HD Denali fully loaded as well, still lacks compared to my 2017.
2014-2018 was the sweet spot for these trucks. GM didn't realize that they had a good thing. Sierra always had a flair for their pickup, that they rose above the Silverado. The Silverado was great during this period as well. Now...Chevy's pickup is a bit disappointing. Like I said earlier, the profile is good; At least GM worked on the body.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:07 AM   #25
NW-99SS

Quote:
2014-2018 was the sweet spot for these trucks. GM didn't realize that they had a good thing. Sierra always had a flair for their pickup, that they rose above the Silverado. The Silverado was great during this period as well. Now...Chevy's pickup is a bit disappointing. Like I said earlier, the profile is good; At least GM worked on the body.
Completely agree - I plan on keeping my 2017 indefinitely.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2