The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-25-2020, 08:37 PM   #15
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Maybe so! Lol�� It amazed me that when the SS was discontinued people were crying and upset when it was but when they could buy one they didn’t! Go figure.
Reminds me of the people who cry about the c8 no coming in manual but then you look at the manual vs auto sales of the c7 and see that they weren't buying m7 c7's.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:39 PM   #16
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Drove by the local Cadillac dealer today and spotted the first CT5. Didn’t know they were even out. Needs a TV commercial

First impressions:

I had hoped the funky c-pillar molding would look better in person.........and it does not.

Rear seat head room is more like the old ATS. There is a bump in the headliner but if if lean forward your head hits the headliner. Rear seat step over is very high.

Front seat seems very nice. Seats in the Sport model are very good.

Sharp addition but it didn’t seem to have a difference making element in styling or features. A lot I great cars in this segment.
I saw this thing at the auto show and thought it looked fairly nice but paled in comparison to the axed ct6 v sport they had next to it. Although I preferred the ct5 interior at their respective price points.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:15 PM   #17
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Maybe the RWD CT5 can pick up where the RWD Chevy SS left off. The demand must be huge.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:44 PM   #18
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Maybe so! Lol�� It amazed me that when the SS was discontinued people were crying and upset when it was but when they could buy one they didn’t! Go figure.
I wanted one. If it was available when I was ready, I may not have what I have now, but I would have had to fight the wife over it.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:33 AM   #19
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
I really like the Impala but when I test drove one the CUE system was very slow to respond. It as also more expensive than the Honda Accord Touring we bought which had more content and just as much interior room but 16.7 Cubic Feet of trunk space which is still very large but not as large as the Impala. Styling wise the Impala blows away the Accord which is on the ugly side but I wanted HUD and ventilated seats with the Honda sensing system which is standard in most Honda's. The Impala also rode smoother but did not handle as well as the lighter Accord. The gas mileage in the Accord is also much better and the power is about the same. Still it was a tough choice with value being the deciding factor for us. Plus it's my wife's car and she liked the Honda better.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:39 AM   #20
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
with what Cadillac has had for the past decade....that looks like something they might have done in the 90s.
big step backward stylistically.
One more huge styling fail from Mary Barra's stable. WTF GM?
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:38 AM   #21
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
I really like the Impala but when I test drove one the CUE system was very slow to respond. It as also more expensive than the Honda Accord Touring we bought which had more content and just as much interior room but 16.7 Cubic Feet of trunk space which is still very large but not as large as the Impala. Styling wise the Impala blows away the Accord which is on the ugly side but I wanted HUD and ventilated seats with the Honda sensing system which is standard in most Honda's. The Impala also rode smoother but did not handle as well as the lighter Accord. The gas mileage in the Accord is also much better and the power is about the same. Still it was a tough choice with value being the deciding factor for us. Plus it's my wife's car and she liked the Honda better.
Excellent choice! Furthermore, I would argue the build quality and reliability of the Accord is superior to the Impala. I sat in a fully-loaded Impala recently. The two-tone interior was beautiful! However, pushing and pulling on several interior surfaces revealed they were loose. For example, where the door panel meets the dash, forming GM's signature wrap-around design element, the end of the door panel exhibited movement. The horizontal dash trim also exhibited movement near the infotainment system. Comparing GM's product offerings to those from Japan on the same day at the same auto show, it was evident that GM's interior build quality is still far behind the competition. On the Japanese vehicles I could push and pull on nearly any interior surface and nothing occurred---minimal or no movement and no creaks. I've been a GM enthusiast since I was a teenager, but in the future, the only GM products I will likely purchase are their muscle/sports cars and full-size trucks and SUVs. Unfortunately, most everything else they produce is junk.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 02:52 PM   #22
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
This is the direction Cadillac needs to go.

Attachment 1017945

Build it and they will come.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!

Last edited by Avenging Orange; 02-22-2021 at 03:12 PM.
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:44 PM   #23
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Meh. It looks like a BMW X4
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:58 AM   #24
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
The trunk from the side reminds me of a Nissan Versa sedan
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:58 AM   #25
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
This is the direction Cadillac needs to go.

Attachment 1017945

Build it and they will come.
Yessssir!
Old 01-28-2020, 12:00 PM   #26
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Me Too Styling - Cadillac has gone on the Crack Pipe Train!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote