Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-06-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
harrington81

Drives: 2015 Camaro zl1
I have a quick question for u guy's.

Hi there i own a 2010 2ss m6 with about 1350 kms on it. I've owned it for about a month now and since i bought i always noticed a lot of jerking when cold and a rough idile. I happened to find the fuse pull threads and thought i'd give it a try. I pulled them out 3 days ago for about 9 hours and put them back in and the car ran way better. Last night i reset my average fuel economy on my display with the car off. I then started it up and i noticed the car had a rough idile again and ran a little rougher. I tried the fuse pull once again tonight to see if it would help but no luck. My question is can reseting the average fuel economy on your display have any effect on your car? Or can your car automaticly go right back to the low octane table without doing anything? I know these are stupid questions but i thought i would ask.

Thanks for the help!
harrington81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:36 AM   #2
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
well from what i understand.. if you put in low octane you computer adjusts to that... and you need a fuse pull to reset that back to what gas you use... so if you reset it, what ever gas you use thats what it will set to... now about the rough idle thats normal
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:55 AM   #3
harrington81

Alright. Ya i used the same tank of gas 94 octane through both fuse pulls. I guess it's fine. So reseting the average fuel economy on the display woudn't effect anything then right?

I guess i'll just live with it. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:12 AM   #4
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrington81 View Post
Alright. Ya i used the same tank of gas 94 octane through both fuse pulls. I guess it's fine. So reseting the average fuel economy on the display woudn't effect anything then right?

I guess i'll just live with it. Thanks.
the display just records what is already happening to the MPG
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
harrington81

Alright thanks. I will put on a scanner when i get a chance and try to figure it out. I'm just not sure why it went back to the rough idile and hesitation before the fuse pull. Mabye it's all in my head.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #6
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
The jerking you refer to is normal...there was an older thread titled "Is the Camaro cold blooded". I have the same thing. When you start it up and drive right away, you get a bunch of hesitation/jerking. It usually goes away in a few blocks tho.
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
harrington81

Well i took it out today after i did the second fuse pull last night and it's not running that good. I't really jerks when cold and while driving. I just checked my average fuel economy and it's down by 1 mpg. I don't know what do to do now. I guess i'll bring it to the dealer tommorow.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
It could be an issue or just the factory tune.So far I've seen 3 stock cars with tunes way the hell off.What this means is the fuel trims were correcting too much causing alot of cold and some hot sputtering. Tuned them up (fixing fuel trims and timing tables) and the customers reported the cars were 100% better.

You will have some cars worse than others.This happens because GM can't fine tune each car rolling out,so they have all the computers with the same tuning with the l-terms pulling them inline.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #9
harrington81

Alright thanks. I think i'll live with it for now. I'll just keep an eye on it. I think i'm just to picky. One more question can doing 2 fuse pulls all in the same week hurt anything? I won't pull them again for a long time.

Thanks for all the help!
Old 09-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #10
Dion_1969

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Send a message via Yahoo to Dion_1969
Get yourself an AFE filter. Mine drove much better after I installed mine. I did the battery disconnect with similar results but the new filter really made a difference. I put it in after about 7000 miles. Mine was a pain to drive and figured I would burn through clutches trying to make smooth take offs before the switch.