The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-09-2015, 03:05 PM   #1919
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRCamaro View Post
Yes I will definitley still be heavy weight training for strength and power gains! I am about 6'3 and I finished my bulk about 3 weeks ago right at around 230lbs, I am estimating my BF right now to be around 10-15% slowly decreasing, my body typically only lets me bulk 15-20 lbs a year then cut down to a 10-12lb or so net muscle gain (This is how it has been the past 3 years). I think tonight I will be around 225lbs. MY squat is probably mostly inhibited right now by my technique, and that I have never really trained a straight "Powerlifting" routine, mostly just the modified "Bodybuilding" routines coupled with my athletic training.

Dznts are you close to the Tulsa area?
I live in Davis.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:03 PM   #1920
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Haven't attempted lifting this week, life is to crazy at the moment and I have been a little sick. Hoping to get thru it all and get back at it.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:00 AM   #1921
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
What if I was bulking by accident over the winter, does that count? I normally sit around 225, but yesterday I was a hearty 237 lbs. Just shifting from lifting mode, to training mode. I know I will be back down to my normal weight in a few weeks, but I will enjoy my extra fluffiness while I can.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #1922
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
Haven't attempted lifting this week, life is to crazy at the moment and I have been a little sick. Hoping to get thru it all and get back at it.

Hear ya, sometimes life just gets in the way! I'm the type who loves "my routine" of daily life. Hate when things go crazy and mess with it. Nothing worse than being under the weather, hope ya feel better real quick.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:18 AM   #1923
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
What if I was bulking by accident over the winter, does that count? I normally sit around 225, but yesterday I was a hearty 237 lbs. Just shifting from lifting mode, to training mode. I know I will be back down to my normal weight in a few weeks, but I will enjoy my extra fluffiness while I can.

That's what winter is for, it's the norm to bulk up during the winter months. Come March/April you start gett'n serious and by May you're into cutting down the fat and really gett'n that Six Pack ready for summertime! Being a female I just stay the same year round, tried to bulk up, 12 wk program, and struggled to add just a mere 4 pounds. Hated trying to eat so much. Although my strength did improve, I can now do 25 mens decline pushups, feet on the bench, and yes I hold dumbbells to get real low.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #1924
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
That's what winter is for, it's the norm to bulk up during the winter months. Come March/April you start gett'n serious and by May you're into cutting down the fat and really gett'n that Six Pack ready for summertime! Being a female I just stay the same year round, tried to bulk up, 12 wk program, and struggled to add just a mere 4 pounds. Hated trying to eat so much. Although my strength did improve, I can now do 25 mens decline pushups, feet on the bench, and yes I hold dumbbells to get real low.
training a few friends for a powerlifting meet at the end of april. Will be in full swing by late Feb.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:50 AM   #1925
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
training a few friends for a powerlifting meet at the end of april. Will be in full swing by late Feb.
Me too.

My intro course to CF starts Feb 16th.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #1926
gen6waiter

Drives: Toyota Taco. 2010 SS-Sold :(
annoyinggggggggggggg.........people who do not put away the equipment they just used and people who use a towel as a reserve sign on mutilple equipments. One particular middle-aged guy, puts massive amount (too heavy for him to move with proper form and range of motion) of weight on bar, do squats or bench presses or leg presses...when done, just walks away....often leaving others wondering if the idiot is done and they can start using the equipment. vent over.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:51 PM   #1927
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6

weighing in at 143lbs, competition in brooklyn april 25! Goal is 470lbs by then
Pfadt Race Engineering 1.25" Lowering Springs| Pfadt Spec Performance Street Alignment|ZL1 Front Bumper Conversion|ZL1 20x9 Rims|Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus 275/40R20Y Square Setup||Footwell Lighting|G2 Gold Painted Brake Calipers
Stainless Power Long Tube Headers|Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake|VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body|Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback| Vitesse Throttle Controller
--Jannetty Racing Enterprises Dyno Tuned|408 RWHP
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:40 AM   #1928
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen6waiter View Post
annoyinggggggggggggg.........people who do not put away the equipment they just used and people who use a towel as a reserve sign on mutilple equipments. One particular middle-aged guy, puts massive amount (too heavy for him to move with proper form and range of motion) of weight on bar, do squats or bench presses or leg presses...when done, just walks away....often leaving others wondering if the idiot is done and they can start using the equipment. vent over.
you are way too nice in your gym (others too) if they regularly get away with it. Me, I will let them know to remove their crap. Also, if I see someone "reserve" a piece of equipment and go work on something else, and I want that equipment, their "towel" disappears and I TAKE the equipment, and no working in with me.....move along, move along.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:29 AM   #1929
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post

Nice Lift
Old 01-23-2015, 10:56 AM   #1930
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

things have calmed down for me, so I was able to get back into the swing of things this week.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:59 PM   #1931
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post

Awesome!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 01-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #1932
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Below are a couple of vids of Monique at CF. First is her final clean after only doing the bar for a month. The weight is 135lbs. Second is her first time ever of doing a behind the head split jerk. The weight is 125lbs. Still has a ways to go. Strength is there...it's just a matter of her learning to use her explosive power and coordinate the movements. Open is in 4 weeks. Just doing it as a baseline. Hoping next year to qualify for regionals, and the following year for the actual CF Games.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody