The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 12-12-2021, 10:14 PM   #15
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post

I have a relatively low miles 2016 Chevy SS sedan
The car has Holden emblems. Is it titled as a Holden or a Chevy?
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:45 AM   #16
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by h422694 View Post
The car has Holden emblems. Is it titled as a Holden or a Chevy?

It's technically a Chevy so it's titled as a Chevy. Still has the Chevy airbag and Chevy infotainment startup. As much as the exterior badging cost, I found it a little too much to pay over $300 for the airbag and even more for the Holden splash screen. If I remember correctly, you have to title it based on the VIN, and the VIN shows it to be a Chevy.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 05:40 AM   #17
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Was offered $43,000 as a trade-in for the SS. I'm a bit on the fence on that amount. I'd almost prefer to sell it to another enthusiast, especially as I would hope that they would take care of it like I did. Oh well. We'll see.
Old 02-11-2022, 05:39 PM   #18
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Well, the saga began December 8th, 2021 and almost the 8 weeks that my salesman promised (7 weeks 5 days to be precise) I have finally taken delivery. Sad to see the SS Sedan go, it was a great drive and GM should've found a way to continue the product with a little more style, but it was a great sleeper.

Still getting used to the Camaro, as it sits quite a bit different than the SS Sedan. The SS was more of a La-Z-Boy where the Camaro is more of a space shuttle seat. I haven't wound her up yet as she only had 4 miles when I took delivery. Still getting back my "clutch legs". The dealer also added tint, which I wasn't wanting, and did the "Nitrogen" bs, but I still made out ok.

Video editor is processing my video, but here are some pics. Oh and funny thing in the morning, I've been watching my Camaro on Cars.com to see if the dealership had taken pictures. This morning I get a notification from the Cars.com app that says "Is this your new Camaro?" (their attempt at marketing). I thought it was funny. Wish I could respond to the notification with a "Hell yes it's my new Camaro!"
Attached Images

Last edited by TXCSSU; 02-11-2022 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:44 PM   #19
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Here are a few drone shots. Apologies in advance as I was tired by this point, but wanted some video for the occasion. I'm really glad I opted against the sunroof as I love the lines on the roof.

Old 02-11-2022, 07:49 PM   #20
BLACK21SS
Oldman w/a teenager brain

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
I called and was hoping you had a 500 FICO score. It’s encouraging that it only took a couple of months. Now I’ll have to sell my SS. It shouldn’t be too hard.
BLACK21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 08:13 PM   #21
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK21SS View Post
I called and was hoping you had a 500 FICO score. It’s encouraging that it only took a couple of months. Now I’ll have to sell my SS. It shouldn’t be too hard.

I actually pissed off the finance guy. I told him that I was looking for 0% APR and told him that I was ok with the extended warranty and the extended maintenance agreement. He was initially beaming and when he came back to me with something other than 0% I told him that I'll just pay cash for the balance but that I'll need him to take off the extra stuff. Also, what irritated me was that when he was trying to "crunch" the numbers, he pretended as if he was practically giving me the extended maintenance and warranty for free when I asked him if he took into account my $1000 deposit. Something tells me that if I hadn't brought up my deposit, that they were more than ok with just taking that money.

Oh and last video, for now.

Old 02-16-2022, 11:04 AM   #22
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Well, the saga began December 8th, 2021 and almost the 8 weeks that my salesman promised (7 weeks 5 days to be precise) I have finally taken delivery. Sad to see the SS Sedan go, it was a great drive and GM should've found a way to continue the product with a little more style, but it was a great sleeper.

Still getting used to the Camaro, as it sits quite a bit different than the SS Sedan. The SS was more of a La-Z-Boy where the Camaro is more of a space shuttle seat. I haven't wound her up yet as she only had 4 miles when I took delivery. Still getting back my "clutch legs". The dealer also added tint, which I wasn't wanting, and did the "Nitrogen" bs, but I still made out ok.

Video editor is processing my video, but here are some pics. Oh and funny thing in the morning, I've been watching my Camaro on Cars.com to see if the dealership had taken pictures. This morning I get a notification from the Cars.com app that says "Is this your new Camaro?" (their attempt at marketing). I thought it was funny. Wish I could respond to the notification with a "Hell yes it's my new Camaro!"
Congratulations! Beautiful ZL1! I know you are going to really enjoy it.

Wow! That was fast too, although I'm sure it didn't seem fast to you. I ordered my Rapid Blue SS 1LE on December 10, 2021 and still don't have an allocation.
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
2003 Nissan 350Z (modified)
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 11:38 AM   #23
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Congratulations! Beautiful ZL1! I know you are going to really enjoy it.

Wow! That was fast too, although I'm sure it didn't seem fast to you. I ordered my Rapid Blue SS 1LE on December 10, 2021 and still don't have an allocation.
Thanks! Have you tried to place your order with the largest Chevy dealership in your area? I placed my order with one of the larger dealerships here, and I believe that's what helped me get my allocation (I know this dealership is a little sketchy, but given that GM may want to reward volume dealerships, I figured I'd reach out to them again). Also, the 1LE was constrained around the time I placed my order so I avoided it. Last question, I was on the fence about the sunroof on my order, but was told that the sunroof would change the lines on the roof. When I look at my rooflines, I'm actually glad that I went away from the sunroof. Good luck with your order! And yes, I'm totally enamored with the car thus far. Only about a week and I have already logged 200 miles on it. I need to hide the keys.
Old 02-16-2022, 12:04 PM   #24
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 03:42 PM   #25
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Thanks! Have you tried to place your order with the largest Chevy dealership in your area? I placed my order with one of the larger dealerships here, and I believe that's what helped me get my allocation (I know this dealership is a little sketchy, but given that GM may want to reward volume dealerships, I figured I'd reach out to them again). Also, the 1LE was constrained around the time I placed my order so I avoided it. Last question, I was on the fence about the sunroof on my order, but was told that the sunroof would change the lines on the roof. When I look at my rooflines, I'm actually glad that I went away from the sunroof. Good luck with your order! And yes, I'm totally enamored with the car thus far. Only about a week and I have already logged 200 miles on it. I need to hide the keys.
Thanks. No, I haven't tried ordering from another dealer. I ended up going another route and found a car just like I ordered in bound to another small dealership one state away. It was ordered by someone last summer, but because it took so long he went another direction so the car was available. It arrived at the dealership early this morning after being in transit for approximately 40 days. I'm in the process now of completing the purchase and having it shipped to me.

Now I've got to call my local dealer and cancel my original order.

I'm sure I will be like you when I finally get mine. I can't wait to drive it.
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
2003 Nissan 350Z (modified)
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:30 PM   #26
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Thanks. No, I haven't tried ordering from another dealer. I ended up going another route and found a car just like I ordered in bound to another small dealership one state away. It was ordered by someone last summer, but because it took so long he went another direction so the car was available. It arrived at the dealership early this morning after being in transit for approximately 40 days. I'm in the process now of completing the purchase and having it shipped to me.

Now I've got to call my local dealer and cancel my original order.

I'm sure I will be like you when I finally get mine. I can't wait to drive it.
Congrats! Hopefully they don't try to keep your deposit, if you paid one. I kind of wish that my dealership of choice was a few hours away. I would've loved to make an adventure out of it like I did when I drove 11.5 hours to pick up my SS Sedan. I drove 1502 miles in a 24 hour period. It took me about an hour to complete the paperwork, but man good times!
Old 02-17-2022, 08:53 AM   #27
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Just came across this thread. Good for you that you made the decision to get the Camaro while you still can and enjoy rowing thru the gears The sensation may go dormant but it never gets old. Disturbing the peace since my brand new ‘66 GTO and I just started my 74th lap around the big track Thanks be to God. Oh yea just got cammed too I noticed there’s no badging on the front fenders Must be a ZL1 thing as even the Z/28 have them.

ps - maybe you can buy back your SS in a few years and turn it into a low-rider
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 12:06 PM   #28
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Just came across this thread. Good for you that you made the decision to get the Camaro while you still can and enjoy rowing thru the gears The sensation may go dormant but it never gets old. Disturbing the peace since my brand new ‘66 GTO and I just started my 74th lap around the big track Thanks be to God. Oh yea just got cammed too I noticed there’s no badging on the front fenders Must be a ZL1 thing as even the Z/28 have them.

ps - maybe you can buy back your SS in a few years and turn it into a low-rider
I kinda like the anonymity. I'm tempted to remove all ZL1 badging as I liked flying under the radar with the SS Sedan.

I mentioned to another board member that I've already stalled it once, as I try to feather the throttle and the clutch so that I'm not trying to make every take-off sound like I'm bringing down "Thor's Hammer". There's something to be said about showing some restraint in the Camaro (mostly "No I'm not some kid whose parents bought him a new Camaro").