Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-25-2024, 07:46 AM   #15
TheBrightSide

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS coupe (MT)
I love Borla exhausts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVMax View Post
Borla ATAK cat back.
I think the Borla Touring (discontinued) and Borla S-Type axleback mufflers are a really good way to quiet down the car, refine the tone, and kill off rasp and some drone. I have the Borla Atak catback, which I personally found to be as loud as basically a stock muffler delete, minus a bit of volume, rasp, and drone. Although, the added bonus of the x-pipe (non-resonated) that it comes with, changes the sound that most people hate from the factory h-pipe.

The Borla Atak axleback is probably the loudest of them all, and will probably drone the most; although if that's your preference, then I'm sure any axleback at that point, would probably work, as long as it's not a muffler delete kit. However, the S-Type only comes in a catback, I believe, unless you get the mufflers sold individually.
TheBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 11:27 PM   #16
MakeShift1LE

Drives: '12 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
I have Kooks LT headers and green cats and GMPP mufflers, loud but not over the top and no drone. I also have a convertible and its a great set up for a daily. Definitely gets louder the more you get on it.
This sounds like what I'm looking for. Something not too over the top when just crusing, but screams when you step on it.
MakeShift1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 11:30 PM   #17
MakeShift1LE

Drives: '12 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
^^^ agreed with this. Plus the biggest thing will be get rid of the "dronemaster" mufflers you currently have, they are the worst. I did have them at one time. Went with the Corsa 3 inch ZL1 Sport catback. Very nice sounding, loud at WOT and absolutely zero drone!! Pricey, but worth every penny!!

I kinda had a feeling the flowmasters caused drone. The previous owner had installed them and I just never thought to get rid of them until I did headers.
MakeShift1LE is offline   Reply With Quote