Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-03-2022, 05:51 PM   #1
Hooks112

Drives: '15 Z/28 #698(A/C,AW) & other stuff
2022 RMVR Drivers School @ PPIR

In case you've nothing better to do, here are some recent track videos to watch, starring the Z/28 of course.

Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing (RMVR) hosts an annual "Drivers School" for the vintage racers, and includes a performance oriented group(s) of track-capable street cars. The 2 day event (with instructor) is usually held at Pikes Peak Intl. Raceway, just south of Colorado Springs CO.

This year I was successful in coercing the wife-unit to attend, and we pulled double duties in the Z with different run groups.

I'd highly encourage some HPDE if you haven't experienced it. Slowing that car down from a high rate of speed in an uncomfortably short amount of time is better than its acceleration capabilities, IMHO. I don't even need to mention how well it goes around corners, even on street tires.

I'd also highly recommend you include your other-half if possible. Since attending her first HPDE a couple of years ago, my wife rarely yells at me for driving too fast, probably because I don't, officer...

As for tires, I had a fresh'ish set of Trofeo R's mounted and ready before the forecast changed to include snow. Changed back to MP4S before the event, minimal tire wear with not going too crazy and cooler track temps for the weekend.

On to the award winning videos - 6 of them in the playlist including the wife, myself and our instructors all taking the wheel for a few laps. My British instructor typically drives a 66 Triumph with a 1600CC engine. You might tell in his Ford/Chevy battle (that he was the victor of) that he's a bit more used to being a momentum driver, but he claimed to have a great time.

Enjoy, comments welcome:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EkNbOvi5F5dwU0
Hooks112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 05:55 PM   #2
Hooks112

Drives: '15 Z/28 #698(A/C,AW) & other stuff
Chevy Power!!

Name:  N85_1608 (1).jpg
Views: 136
Size:  250.8 KB
Hooks112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags