The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-31-2008, 10:18 AM   #29
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
You know your a ricer if . . .

you can fit your hand in your exhaust tip, and still think its too small
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:36 AM   #30
GSX
Falcon Punch

Drives: Scion tC (way too slow)
I absolutely "love" ricers. They try to race me with all the time with they're ridiculous spoilers and lack of horsepower. With my stock tC (or mostly stock considering that I've only changed the bulbs for my headlights to HIDs) I've always pass them and laugh. There was one time where my sister tried calling me a ricer b/c I wanted more Hp in my car.

A long time ago that was but now i really don't care about powering up my tC anymore. I just want the soon to come eight cylinders of furry (you guys know what I'm talking about).
GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:16 PM   #31
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Thumbs up

Old 05-31-2008, 01:33 PM   #32
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
My favorites are the ones that are driving automatics but act like they're driving manuals at lights. They go into neutral to roll back, but the shift into drive is a dead giveaway when they pull out. They're always revving and the car gets into drive finally, making the car stop revving and start revving again. It sounds like an angry gerbil.
ill be honest. i have an auto car and i put it into neutral at a light as im really lazy to hold the brake. i dont however rev the car before putting it in gear cause that is really stupid.
when u hear those cars that sound loud and with the big ass exhaust thats from a "coffee can" exhaust, those cheep ones u buy at autozone and napa and whatever. when people buy full cat back exhaust with such names as magnaflow or borla it sounds pretty decent(not a v8 or anything but its enought). i for one am running a mazdaspeed 3 cb exhaust on my mazda3 which has a stock 2.50in exhaust tip, and the exhaust is silient up to 2500rpm until its starts to growl not fart lol.

k now time to beat on ricers. i personaly hate when guys in these cars pull up behide u with their stupid 8k xenon headlights, and their high beams on. i have tints on my car i still get blinded by these jacka$$'s. i also hate when they doo a "ricer fly by" lmao its the funniest thing. me and my dad are crusing in the camaro and all of a sudden 2 kids in a pontiac sunfire all decked out with wings, and lips, and sideskirts and what not decides they want to fly by my dad , lol stupid kids got their butt pulled over for speading in a school zone hahahah
Old 05-31-2008, 04:44 PM   #33
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
I remember fondly having a car load (i.e. 4 people) in my '99 Z28 as we pulled into the parking lot of a local movie theater. A guy in an Integra Type R and a guy in a Probe GT were revving their engines right in the main lane next to where the line was forming for the ticket window. I wasn't sure WHY they were revving their engines and acting dumb, but the Folger's Can Exhaust didn't really make much of an impression on me. I pulled up next to them, unloaded my passengers and one of the guys looked over at my car and pointed and laughed. I smiled as he yelled over to me, "You wanna run?!" I responded by revving my LS1 V8 with the SLP Long-Tube headers and Loud Mouth Exhaust (essentially NO Muffler). The guy just stared as I put my hand up to my ear and kept yelling, "What?! What?! I can't hear you!" I finally stopped showing off and the guy yelled across to me, "You're dumb, man. You don't know what I got!" I responded with, "I know what you DONT have." He got mad and punched it out of the parking lot, lost control of his FWD rice rocket and sideswiped a car 2 lanes over. I just watched and laughed as the police were called and he was issued a ticket for wreckless driving or C&I as it used to be called in NC. The guy in the Probe GT with the huge body kit just about duplicated the feat. I will say that he got his tires to spin a little bit. All-in-all it was one of my favorite "Jackass" moments.
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:54 PM   #34
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
That happend to me today. about 5 kids in a riced out VW passat i think had the cheap tuner rims, the ones that cost like $500 for all 4, and a fart pack that was damn near scraping the ground. you could tell they cut the springs cause the wheels were all toed out and the car bounced like a bowl of jello. they pulled up next to me and kept revving the engine, it sounded like a busted leaf blower. Now I just have the 3800 series V6 in my 'Maro with stock muffler and exhaust, (getting the Magnaflow dual kit at a later date) so me revving my engine doesn't sound that great, but i digress, so anyways as the light turns green he stomps it and manages to squeak his tires, lol. at the next light i showed him how he was supposed to do it and left a 25 foot long pair of skidmarks on the pavement. normaly i wouldnt give then the satisfaction but i've been really giddy latly with all the 2010 camaro photos and updated info. Plus it's in the Camaro Laws. :P
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:06 PM   #35
brooks

Drives: sivlverado 1500

________
GS550E

Last edited by brooks; 01-20-2011 at 07:30 PM.
brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #36
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
you know your a ricer....

if the UGLY body kit, 20 inch rims, 25 foot wing, 5000 desible, high pitched retarded nose maker (8 inch diameter exhaust tip) on you car all together cost about 30 grand more than the 1990-somethin' Geo Metro costed BRAND NEW, without touching the motor!!!

sry if that was a little overly detailed, but after rreading the thread, it started building up, so i had to say it
Old 05-31-2008, 09:39 PM   #37
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
you know your a ricer....

if the UGLY body kit, 20 inch rims, 25 foot wing, 5000 desible, high pitched retarded nose maker (8 inch diameter exhaust tip) on you car all together cost about 30 grand more than the 1990-somethin' Geo Metro costed BRAND NEW, without touching the motor!!!
you think thats detailed then read this

Quote:
Stage I
- ----------------------------------------------------
Fog Lights
Clear Corner Lenses
"Performance" Stickers
Side Marker Lights
Seat Belt Pads
Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
Carbon Fiber Pedals

Stage II
Getting addicted to these AWESOME modifications to this pimpin' ride
- -----------------------------------------------------
2nd Set of Fog Lights
Resonated 5" Exhaust Tip - It looks 'fast', now it has to sound 'fast'
MORE Stickers
Cut Springs
Ion Blue Headlights
Paint Interior Pieces White or such
Colored-Faced Gauges

Stage III
Now the car needs to look like its Japanese counterpart overseas
Intake (to get that 'performance' sound)
Japanese-only Model Emblems
Supra Spoiler
Clear turn signals
Single Windshield Wiper
Steel mesh grille

Stage IV
Added flash!
- ------------------------------------------------------
Polished Muffler with 5" Tip
Clear taillights
Strut Tower Brace (to add to the engine compartment shine)
Paint rear drums
Biggest Wheels possible

Stage V
The elite of the boys
Massive 'Team' Sticker that goes over at least 2 body panels
Chrome or color out engine components
75hp Shot of N2O (el cheapo fast before sensible mods)
And to finish it off...a Horrendous Body Kit
Old 05-31-2008, 10:25 PM   #38
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
^ HO....LY... CRAP!! You win.... where did you find that?????
Old 05-31-2008, 10:35 PM   #39
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
^ HO....LY... CRAP!! You win.... where did you find that?????
http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=122374
and they got it from somewhere else
Old 05-31-2008, 10:37 PM   #40
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
OMG I hate does ulgy ass big ass mufflers, ricers have the nerve to rev their engines at the light, If I pull up next to a ricer at the light best believe my Hemi would be having a chat with that 4banger ^_^

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:59 PM   #41
brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
That's funny, but it's a wonder those fools didn't hurt someone.
that ugly ass ricer deserved it though haha
________
vaporizer wiki

Old 06-01-2008, 12:05 AM   #42
brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
yeah. both of them did.
so.....you know your a ricer....if you race in a parking lot hahaha
________
Buell XB9R