The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Z06 Discussions

Old 06-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #15
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Could have been MUCH worse! I've spun out in the gravel run off at my local track. Nothing like sand blasting your wheel and caliper. Not to mention getting rocks wedged in between the pad and rotor and having what seems like a limitless amount of rocks that keep coming out of the car every time remove the underbelly pan when I change my oil.
Damn.. thats horrible..

I was thinking could be worse. Do what all inexperienced drivers do.. Starts to slide slam on the brakes and turn the wheel only 90° and watch the car slide into the inside wall
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:25 AM   #16
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Damn.. thats horrible..

I was thinking could be worse. Do what all inexperienced drivers do.. Starts to slide slam on the brakes and turn the wheel only 90° and watch the car slide into the inside wall
Happens to the best of us! Like I always say, you're not trying hard enough if you don't go off at least once.

I had an opportunity to chase a new C7 Z06 around Texas World Speedway. This video doesn't have too much of that footage but it does show me nearly loose the back end at 90 mph while chasing him. (It's at 1:50)

BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote