The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 07-31-2013, 10:12 PM   #15
Jay_Levine

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Thank you.. I am at AutoNation in Delray Beach
Jay_Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #16
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Kelly is right, your dealer has used an allocation and the order itself is good but there may be a delay in being built waiting for the part. Happens with every new production. For the C6 it was the optional wheels and for the C7 it is the CF overlay.

How long a delay? You may not even notice it as all early (first couple months) production is held for two or three weeks for quality check purposes.

Laborsmith

Kelly, I am waiting for 2016 when the regular body coupe comes out. Got a good scrape on my passenger side mirror going into the garage, the benefit of no depth perception. I can drive in and back out a hundred times w/o incident, but eventually I scrape one side or the other. Very frustrating.
That's a long wait, I don't know if my dad can hold off that long. You know I am hoping he doesn't.

You gotta get the scrap taken care of before Woodward Dream Cruise!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #17
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I just got the interior completed on the Corvair so the Sonic scrape will have to wait.

He should be able to wait, he already has a Stingray. True a different decade, but still . . .

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi All,

Kelly J. has taken a much deserved vacation for the next week. I know myself and the rest of the team have some big shoes to fill in her absence, but we'll do our best!

Before she left, she did a little digging into our internal resources regarding allocations. Hope it helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Levine View Post
Kelly

I have a deposit in for a convertible. Am I correct in assuming that the dealer will not get an allocation on convertibles for at least another 30 days or so?
Jay
Jay,

If you have made a deposit at a dealership, you should have an order number within the next 30 days, give or take. Also, dealers who are eligible for the initial allocation of the Stingray are aware of the estimated production guide number for the convertible.

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care