Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-30-2018, 08:03 PM   #1
Emeru

Drives: 16 Black Canaro 1SS 6MT
Steam coming from engine bay

So last night I was driving into work at night in my 16 1ss and got caught in a heavy rain storm. Drove about 35 miles to work all highway. As I park in the parking garage I turn off the car to notice steam coming out of the front grill. I pop the hood and it seemed like it was coming out of one spot, behind the passenger side radiator. I got a mirror, a flashlight, removed the lower splash guard thinking maybe a radiator hose was leaking. Found nothing, and my coolant reservoir seemed to have lose no fluid. After work I started the car let it get up to temperature with no issues. I continued to drive to the dealer thinking maybe after a drive it would re occur, and worst case I would pull over and get a tow. As I pull up, the car had no issues. I came to a conclusion that maybe the rain getting inside through the hood vents and maybe hitting the hot block or header was creating the steam, yet it seemed localized by the passenger radiator. Simply wondering if anyone has had this issue, and or is it a common thing and nothing to worry about ? Thank you in advance for your inputs and suggestions.
Emeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:25 PM   #2
ShadySS

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue SS
Just from rain hitting hot parts of the car, You probably went through a couple puddles on the passenger side that splashed up on something and it steamed up. no worries man.
ShadySS is offline   Reply With Quote