Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-08-2019, 01:04 PM   #15
Camaro Rules

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
I don't follow you? I don't recall anyone here saying the 4 piston Brembo brakes wont work? You can order them as an add on option to the RS package, and I forgot to mention that they also come standard with the 1LE package.

Nigel

From what I am reading and gathering, unless I have HD Braking/Cooling...I am/was assuming...they wont work....I may be reading it wrong. LOL

I will know more tomorrow after getting in touch with a dealership.

Thanks for your reply!
Old 12-08-2019, 01:23 PM   #16
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Rules View Post
From what I am reading and gathering, unless I have HD Braking/Cooling...I am/was assuming...they wont work....I may be reading it wrong. LOL

I will know more tomorrow after getting in touch with a dealership.

Thanks for your reply!
No, as I stated previously:

Quote:
If you do not have the Brembo package, all is not lost. You should still be able to swap to the Brembos but you will also need new rotors. The single piston calipers use a 12.6" rotor. The 4 piston Brembo calipers use a 13.6" rotor. You will of course also need pads/hardware if they don't come with the calipers.
Don't be surprised if your dealer is clueless. Unless it's a by-the-book repair, they will likely tell you it can't be done, regardless if that's true or not. You may need to find a reputable independent performance shop. But best of luck!

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:55 PM   #17
Camaro Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
No, as I stated previously:

Don't be surprised if your dealer is clueless. Unless it's a by-the-book repair, they will likely tell you it can't be done, regardless if that's true or not. You may need to find a reputable independent performance shop. But best of luck!

Nigel

Ahhh, OK...I saw your post...then I read about the HD Brakes/Cooling, in another post and so as I said I just assumed it wouldn't work.

Only going to ask the dealership, what my RPO/Build list is...I already went the route of asking if they will work and...Got the...NO, it wont work!

But when I asked them about the 6 Piston Brembo upgrade, they said, I don't know, about that, all I know is what I see here on my computer! LOL

Crazy at times, that you cannot get a direct answer from them, but Thankfully we have a place like Camaro6, with... Real Users that have better knowledge.

Thanks for your post!
Old 12-08-2019, 07:22 PM   #18
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
if your friend will ship them for you in the spring I could put the car on my lift and try one. If it works I can put them both on then swap the lines and bleed them for you. I am near Laconia NH
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:29 PM   #19
Camaro Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
if your friend will ship them for you in the spring I could put the car on my lift and try one. If it works I can put them both on then swap the lines and bleed them for you. I am near Laconia NH

Hey closs2sx... Thank you for the offer, greatly appreciated! I have been to Laconia a few times!

It will be March/April before I can get it out of storage. No way to get to it before then with all the snow we got recently! lol

Have a good one!
Old 12-09-2019, 07:32 AM   #20
Camaro Rules

Whitespeed/Nigel...Your were Spot on with the dealership being...Clueless! I called 5 dealerships within 75 miles of me and they all were...Clueless!

That was a...TOTAL waste of time!

I cannot believe the how uneducated these...Service/Parts technicians in the area Chevrolet dealership in Maine are!!!

If it does not pop up on their computer they lose their minds and have no idea about anything!

I may have to take my car out of Maine for any service needs, as they seem to be...IDIOTS!!!

Sorry for the rant!