Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #15
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Idiot in the blue car shouldn't be driving.
What was the blue car doing wrong? They were going at a reasonable speed to merge under normal circumstances. Camaro was speeding a bit in the left lane, hence the sudden stop, and that silver car was too eager to cut in line and merge early. Never speed in the right lane, especially near an onramp.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:08 AM   #16
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
probably has more to do with the front wheel drive of the offending car and the idiot driver still on the gas pedal than the structural soundness of the camaro ....but yea..they were built with truck chassis so ...definitely got more metal than they needed on them.

Even the 6th gen rear has a lot of extra metal that could probably be lost with no ill effects to performance back there. Though, it needs about 20lbs of sound deadening added back that they decided to not include in the trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
What was the blue car doing wrong? They were going at a reasonable speed to merge under normal circumstances. Camaro was speeding a bit in the left lane, hence the sudden stop, and that silver car was too eager to cut in line and merge early. Never speed in the right lane, especially near an onramp.

I figured he meant the silver car that flipped.. It kinda looks light blue.

I dont think anyone was speeding here. The camaro was keeping up with traffic in his lane. The truck was just preemptively slowing down making the right lane look faster than it was. The traffic in front of the camaro was all uniform and nobody was very close as they came to a somewhat stop. The only person who wasn't paying attention was the guy who flipped their car.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:08 AM   #17
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
For some reason I can't see it.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:25 AM   #18
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
probably has more to do with the front wheel drive of the offending car and the idiot driver still on the gas pedal than the structural soundness of the camaro ....but yea..they were built with truck chassis so ...definitely got more metal than they needed on them.
Yeah, it's definitely just the angle it was struck at. Once the bumper got partially crushed in, the Camaro's wheel acted as a ramp to flip the car.

Not sure what is meany be a "truck chassis". No Camaro has been build on one. 5th gen was Zeta, 6th gen is Alpha, neither has been used in a truck AFAIK. 5th gen was supposedly over-engineered somewhat because they were rushing to get it into production, but that's all very hearsay.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:43 AM   #19
cellsafemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Yeah, it's definitely just the angle it was struck at. Once the bumper got partially crushed in, the Camaro's wheel acted as a ramp to flip the car.

Not sure what is meany be a "truck chassis". No Camaro has been build on one. 5th gen was Zeta, 6th gen is Alpha, neither has been used in a truck AFAIK. 5th gen was supposedly over-engineered somewhat because they were rushing to get it into production, but that's all very hearsay.
ute / fullsize station wagon ... Could have sworn there was also some kind of suv ..but i guess not. So maybe not a full on truck. So the extra material comes from being optioned as full-size.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #20
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
I admit when it started I was hoping it was going to be lane splitting a-hole on the bike that would find his face smashed in to a car.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #21
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
I admit when it started I was hoping it was going to be lane splitting a-hole on the bike that would find his face smashed in to a car.
You mean like this:https://www.reddit.com/r/Atlanta/com...m_medium=web2x
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #22
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post

If that's in California, it's legal there. Stupid but legal. Unless the laws have changed.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:19 PM   #23
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithDanger View Post
If I was either of those people I would be so upset if this footage wasnt used in a hollywood film by next year
It did happen in California afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
If that's in California, it's legal there. Stupid but legal. Unless the laws have changed.
From my understanding it's not legal or illegal. Meaning there is no law against it but there is also no law condoning it either therefore they can do it and get away with it but any accident they have is an automatic fault.
Need4Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #24
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
The driver in the Camaro had to put brakes on because the 2 cars in front of him were stopping and the driver in the silver car ran into the rear of the Camaro that flipped it. I finally saw what happened as the guy on the motorcycle was moving his head back and forth making it hard to see what was happening ahead of him in traffic. I still didn’t see what caused the cars in front of the Camaro to be stopping though.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:38 PM   #25
cellsafemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
The driver in the Camaro had to put brakes on because the 2 cars in front of him were stopping and the driver in the silver car ran into the rear of the Camaro that flipped it. I finally saw what happened as the guy on the motorcycle was moving his head back and forth making it hard to see what was happening ahead of him in traffic. I still didn’t see what caused the cars in front of the Camaro to be stopping though.

merging is what causes them to stop.

Traffic congestion or just laziness keeps drivers in the right lane too densely packed for people coming onto the highway to merge in cleanly. Instead of the merging traffic stopping forever, they force their way into the highway and slow that lane down - periodically causing it to stop. Alternatively, there is an offramp following that on-ramp and the cars in the right have to wait for the onramp cars to merge in so they can get to their off ramp. So you get a cris-cross clusterF that grinds both lanes to a halt.

This is california traffic every single day because there are too many people on the road and too many people who just use the highway to skip a couple intersections instead of just long distance driving. Everyone has to slow to a near halt because driving tests everywhere let anyone who can breath get a license so they're all afraid whenever cars get within 2-3 car lengths of their own. Though, i've driven and lived in many places and it's pretty much the same behavior everywhere during rush hour. The only difference is rush hour in california is many times longer than most other places.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:19 PM   #26
LT4Greg

It’s here in Georgia too especially going thru/around Atlanta. That’s one of the reasons I avoid going to Atlanta like the plague. Where I am about 100 miles southwest of Atlanta it’s the same way here. People in the right lane won’t move over to the other 2 lanes to save their lives so accidents happen here often. From what I have been told by several OTR truck drivers I know it’s like that all over the country and some places are worse than others.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:22 PM   #27
LT4Greg

I did notice that the motorcycle rider was zipping thru traffic between cars in the lanes. Thought there were laws against that too but only if you get caught doing it I guess.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:32 PM   #28
Sweptwing

Drives: 2017 2LT RS V6 M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I did notice that the motorcycle rider was zipping thru traffic between cars in the lanes. Thought there were laws against that too but only if you get caught doing it I guess.
I believe California is one place that lane splitting legal, very stupid but legal.
One thing I noticed was the scooter would have went over the camaro had he not split the lane once again.
Sweptwing is offline   Reply With Quote