The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Who will win the Fight?
Pacquiao 10 58.82%
Mayweather 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #29
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
I used to box for years when I was a much younger man and I am a boxing history lover. Mayweather is not much of a fighter and he is very lucky to be fighting in this era of crappy fighters. Feel bad for anyone paying $$ for that farce of a "fight" last night. You can skip the whole "he is a defensive genius, so his fights are boring" line, you can be a great defensive fighter and still actually fight a boxing match.

SNOOZE
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #30
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
You can also throw punches against a defensive fighter. what's Manny's excuse for the lack of throws?

So it's Mayweathers fault the match was boring, yet he threw more punches. Makes sense.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:59 PM   #31
dcpatters

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Ordered the fight at the last minute. Had some friends over and was convinced to get it. What a let down. I think Mike Tyson was quoted as saying, I waited 5 years for this?
dcpatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #32
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Yawn!!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:31 PM   #33
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
You can also throw punches against a defensive fighter. what's Manny's excuse for the lack of throws?

So it's Mayweathers fault the match was boring, yet he threw more punches. Makes sense.
If a guy does not want to engage and just run around you cant just shadow box with yourself all night. See Sugar Ray Leonard vs Roberto Duran III from 1989.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 05-03-2015, 06:53 PM   #34
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
If a guy does not want to engage and just run around you cant just shadow box with yourself all night. See Sugar Ray Leonard vs Roberto Duran III from 1989.
Excuses. I can just go back to 2014 Mayweather v Maidana I. Maidana at least threw over 800 punches to mayweathers 400. Mayweather just happened to land a larger percentage of his throws, which he's very good at. I didn't hear all the excuses prior to last nights fight in regards to Mayweather running around too much.

Bottom line, Mayweather fought like everyone knew he was going to. The same way he always fights. Manny is the one who was less aggressive than normal. Before he got knocked out by Marquez, Manny was dangerous because he just went after you. After getting knocked out, he has been less aggressive.

More people should be more upset at the lack of effort by Manny, than the same effort Mayweather brings to every fight.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:23 PM   #35
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Excuses. I can just go back to 2014 Mayweather v Maidana I. Maidana at least threw over 800 punches to mayweathers 400. Mayweather just happened to land a larger percentage of his throws, which he's very good at. I didn't hear all the excuses prior to last nights fight in regards to Mayweather running around too much.

Bottom line, Mayweather fought like everyone knew he was going to. The same way he always fights. Manny is the one who was less aggressive than normal. Before he got knocked out by Marquez, Manny was dangerous because he just went after you. After getting knocked out, he has been less aggressive.

More people should be more upset at the lack of effort by Manny, than the same effort Mayweather brings to every fight.
Ok got it.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:38 PM   #36
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
I'll be just like Manny did and just smile back. No need to get into it with pro-Mayweather fans. Yes, it was a let-down fight. I expected Manny to push harder based on the history of how Mayweather fights his opponents. Credit to Floyd for winning the fight. It's over now and life goes on. Peace...
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #37
Muscle Car Lover

An actual real fight between two fighters that would have outclassed Mayweather by about a mile:

Old 05-03-2015, 09:14 PM   #38
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I was definitely surprised how boring it was. I miss the days when heavyweight fighters would go to town pounding each other in the face. It made it exciting to watch.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:16 PM   #39
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Those guys don't even look like they have been in a fight.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:23 PM   #40
Muscle Car Lover

Watch my video clip.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #41
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
That was aiiight. But, I will one up ya with this doozy of a Classic from April 1985, when I was still in high school. Hagler vs. Hearns - The BEST first 3 Rounds of Boxing.....EVER!!
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:44 PM   #42
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
That was aiiight. But, I will one up ya with this doozy of a Classic from April 1985, when I was still in high school. Hagler vs. Hearns - The BEST first 3 Rounds of Boxing.....EVER!!
I graduated high school that year..

That first round out did that flop of a ( if you wanna call it a ) "fight" last night...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote