Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-07-2021, 03:03 PM   #1
CJG_1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
Dealership in Midwest that stocks Manual LT1's

Question for the community.

I'd like to purchase a 2021 Camaro LT1 with a manual transmission. I live in Ann Arbor, MI. I've spoken to a half dozen dealerships near me to see about getting one on their lot through their dealer allocations. i don't want to order the car because all of the dealerships I've spoken to want a $1000-$2000 non-refundable deposit. I don't like that idea because it leaves me in a bad position to negotiate on price and I am at the mercy of whatever promotions GM is running at time of delivery.

Most dealerships I talk to tell me that 'nobody' buys manual cars. Everybody wants the A10. That's why the dealerships, at least the ones I've talked to, don't order them with a stick. While I understand that the A10 is very good and accelerates faster, I have a difficult time believing that there aren't 100's of guys like me that want to row their own gears in their muscle machine.

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing from the forum on any suggestion of dealerships in the Midwest that either stocks manual LT1's regularly or who would be willing to work with me to have one ordered through their own allocation without demanding a non-refundable deposit.

Thanks so much!
-Chris
Ann Arbor, MI
CJG_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:08 PM   #2
KenMaro

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS manual
I went through Bill Crispin when I ordered mine. I did put down $500. I wasn't doing much haggling though as I get a GM family discount... I can understand your reluctance. I would be surprised if you could find a dealership that would make the purchase without a deposit.

Good luck though, hope you can get into one sooner rather than later.
KenMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:12 PM   #3
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
12 exact matched from 250 miles Zip 48103

https://www.chevrolet.com/locate-inv...issions=Manual

Go here and search
FarmerFran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM   #4
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
12 exact matched from 250 miles Zip 48103

https://www.chevrolet.com/locate-inv...issions=Manual

Go here and search

When I was looking for my LT1, I found that to be very inaccurate. Dealers have a much more accurate software system but of course none of us have access to it.

OP: is there a specific color or option combination you want? Here is a low-option white one near me. I ended up buying a Cherry model from them and they were decent to deal with.

https://www.raychevrolet.com/Vehicle...-IL/4708117563
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:40 PM   #5
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFast View Post
When I was looking for my LT1, I found that to be very inaccurate. Dealers have a much more accurate software system but of course none of us have access to it.

OP: is there a specific color or option combination you want? Here is a low-option white one near me. I ended up buying a Cherry model from them and they were decent to deal with.

https://www.raychevrolet.com/Vehicle...-IL/4708117563
And I have also found that Dealers will lie to you and only search within where and who they will trade with. So I do it myself. It is quite easy and I do not have to go out of the house.

Pull up the search
Find car(s)
Look at the dealer website
Call dealer

It is how I found my last 5 vehicles.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:46 PM   #6
NotFast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
And I have also found that Dealers will lie to you and only search within where and who they will trade with. So I do it myself. It is quite easy and I do not have to go out of the house.

Pull up the search
Find car(s)
Look at the dealer website
Call dealer

It is how I found my last 5 vehicles.

Good for you. However I was recently at a dealer and had the ability to watch the salesman perform the search on their system and I compared it to what was on chevrolet.com. The latter contained a lot of incorrect or old data.

But... that dealer was unable to perform a trade. It took them ~ 5 days to find a car that wasn't really what I wanted & it was 350 miles away anyway.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:07 PM   #7
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
There was a LT1 a few months back at my dealer. Feldman of Highland
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 04:10 PM   #8
FarmerFran

Quote:
Good for you. However I was recently at a dealer and had the ability to watch the salesman perform the search on their system and I compared it to what was on chevrolet.com. The latter contained a lot of incorrect or old data.

But... that dealer was unable to perform a trade. It took them ~ 5 days to find a car that wasn't really what I wanted & it was 350 miles away anyway.
Sheesh, good for me?

Hey OP you do it how you would like. I am out
Old 01-07-2021, 05:03 PM   #9
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'd watch the LT1 though. Some of these LT1s I see once you add features in they cost lmost the same as the 1SS!
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:28 PM   #10
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Most dealerships list their inventory on web sites like Autotrader. It’s a good place to start your search. If you find something you’re interested in then you can contact the dealer directly. Many people have bought their Camaro through JoeP@TeamBeckyD. I believe Joe is at James Martin Chevrolet in Detroit but he can deliver nationwide.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:40 PM   #11
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
FWIW...

I ordered my LT1/M6. My dealer required a $1K deposit. I got the price in writing before they got the payment.

I ended up paying invoice + whatever rebates were available @ delivery.

No one had a manual anything (T4, V6, V8, ZL1) let alone with anything close to the color/options I wanted in it, nor would anyone within a 2 hr ride go below invoice on a order.

Also, my car was listed on the Chevrolet AND dealer website as for sale even though I ordered it and had the down payment locking it in.

My dealer kept their word as far as ordering, including installing the dark finish taillamps that were supposed to come with the car (according to them and the Chevrolet website).

The dealer service was/is a totally different issue...

Short story long, you probably aren't going to find what you want on a lot. I got a good deal, not a great one, but I also got EXACTLY what I wanted.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:14 PM   #12
CJG_1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
Appreciate everyone's input. I'll give JoeP@TeamBeckyD a shout per Mark114. Thank you Mark.

I'm interested in an LT1 because of the price. Chevy listened to their perspective buyers that the SS is too much coin and came out with the LT1. I've seen plenty of LT1's that have $5-$7K of options on them. That completely defeats the reason the LT1 exists. I want one that MSRP's for $35K. A stripper that I can build out how I want. There are a few dealerships I've run across on the big auto sites that stock them stripped out, but nothing around MI.

I'd welcome any additional suggestions.
CJG_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:24 PM   #13
NotFast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJG_1LE View Post
Appreciate everyone's input. I'll give JoeP@TeamBeckyD a shout per Mark114. Thank you Mark.

I'm interested in an LT1 because of the price. Chevy listened to their perspective buyers that the SS is too much coin and came out with the LT1. I've seen plenty of LT1's that have $5-$7K of options on them. That completely defeats the reason the LT1 exists. I want one that MSRP's for $35K. A stripper that I can build out how I want. There are a few dealerships I've run across on the big auto sites that stock them stripped out, but nothing around MI.

I'd welcome any additional suggestions.

If you are OK with white, the one I linked is a manual and is currently still available (and, I drove it... although a pretty short drive). Its only options are NPP exhaust and the 5 spoke Carbon wheels.

I was torn between it and the Wild Cherry but finally picked the latter.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:54 PM   #14
FarmerFran

Quote:
If you are OK with white, the one I linked is a manual and is currently still available (and, I drove it... although a pretty short drive). Its only options are NPP exhaust and the 5 spoke Carbon wheels.

I was torn between it and the Wild Cherry but finally picked the latter.
Gee, I wish that car was shown in the inaccurate link I sent.