Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-15-2018, 06:39 AM   #1
outobie

Drives: 2017 2LT RS Convertible
without car for 2 months now waiting on OEM parts

super frustrated.

I bought a brand new car on December 28.

I had an accident 3 weeks later. the Chevy dealer has been unable to get an OEM part (84162003, air bag wiring harness) for 2 months now.

my car is just sitting at the dealer with no production date for the part, no availability, no idea and no help.

seems crazy that the dealer can't get a part for a brand new car still being produced.

I tried logging a case with GM which was a total waste of time. all the GM customer service team told me was to work with the dealer as they have no information on when my part will be available.

would love to hear any suggestions on what to do. the guy in the body shop I'm working with says this is normal...expects it will be mid april before GM makes the part and May before the dealer gets it and can finish the repairs.

4 months without my car for a very minor crash that had $4k in body damage to replace the front bumper and 10K to replace the air bags...just seems crazy.
outobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:58 AM   #2
outobie

do you mean the general manager of the dealership?

does it matter that it's not a warranty situation ... since I crashed the car
Old 03-15-2018, 12:57 PM   #3
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
it should still be good. your essentially paying for a car that your not driving. if its a good dealer, That person will go to the local GM rep and should start a case for some sort of reimbursement. if its at the fault of "lack of parts" which is not the dealerships fault, but more so with production, then yes you should be eligible. It all depends on how hard the dealer is going to go at bat for you.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #4
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Correct, General Manager.

He has a regional GM person he can go thru to expedite a case and that GM person can get the ball rolling.

Another option you have that seems to work for me it to email everyone of the USA GM Executives, Mary Barra and so on along with any other big GM Camaro people. I can promise you with in 72 hours you will have a phone call and a open case with the Executive offices and they have way more power than the regular customer service.

Been down that road twice now over the last 5 years, each time I was forced to use it and each time the issue when from a stalemate to a solution with in a week or two.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:14 AM   #5
outobie

thanks will give that a try and report back
Old 03-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #6
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Hey bud. I just did some quick checking on your provided harness part number, and there is indeed O availability. Although it is actually an entire IP wiring harness, not just the airbag harness. Not sure why they wouldn't just get the harness end, or repair with proper packard connectors VS replacing the entire dash harness. Anyway, see if you can get the SPAC case # from the parts department. I can check into it further. Several guys had the same problem getting engine wiring harnesses after a crash, it was a matter of a few phone calls to get them released.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:17 PM   #7
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
My dealership got GM to pay 1 month's car payment for me after waiting a few weeks for parts for my top, so it is possible that GM will pay your payments. Cheaper for them to do that than pay under lemon law
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:44 AM   #8
outobie

Thanks for offering to help

I have this number
Service Request Number: 8-3970694834

I’ve just emailed my guy at the dealer to ask for the spac number
Old 03-22-2018, 09:54 AM   #9
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
My dealership got GM to pay 1 month's car payment for me after waiting a few weeks for parts for my top, so it is possible that GM will pay your payments. Cheaper for them to do that than pay under lemon law
Was this because of a part failure or because you wrecked the car? Pretty sure we know the answer...

You and the other guy suggesting this, you do realize that the OP wrecked his car? Of course you do, it's in his original post... so you should also realize that the Lemon Law DOES NOT APPLY here whatsoever and GM isn't going to reimburse for this. You could try your insurance company, but GM/Chevrolet don't owe you a think for accident damage.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:25 AM   #10
outobie

Spac case G02275619

I’m trying to get my car fixed.

I’m not that guy who thinks the world owes him

Just doing what I can to figure this out

Help with the part is appreciated

Dealer won’t try repairing the damaged harness for liability reasons. The wires melted so there could be hidden damage.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #11
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by outobie View Post

Dealer won’t try repairing the damaged harness for liability reasons. The wires melted so there could be hidden damage.
Understandable, and sometimes its just not possible depending on the damage.
I sent you a P.M. , although it does not look very good...

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 03-25-2018, 10:11 PM   #12
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
LMAO, what? Lemon Law? For your car or his? If you mean for his car, Lemon Law wouldn't apply. GM paid your car payment for a month due to a part failure on their end, the OP crashed his car...certainly not GM's fault. They're not going to pay his car payment, it's not their problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
Was this because of a part failure or because you wrecked the car? Pretty sure we know the answer...

You and the other guy suggesting this, you do realize that the OP wrecked his car? Of course you do, it's in his original post... so you should also realize that the Lemon Law DOES NOT APPLY here whatsoever and GM isn't going to reimburse for this. You could try your insurance company, but GM/Chevrolet don't owe you a think for accident damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outobie View Post
Spac case G02275619
Did GM's Customer Care Center start the case for you?
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:31 PM   #13
outobie

the dealer opened the SPAC case

customer experience team opened their own case that seemed to go in circles saying they don't know anything and that a senior person would call me back to tell me they also don't know anything.

so far I'm still waiting for the senior person to call me back...I've been promised a call twice now and it still hasn't happened. the customer experience team has been horribly non-responsive.

Last edited by outobie; 03-27-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:56 AM   #14
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Its the 28th, I think I told you I would follow up on this for you. I just talked with service parts assistance center about 84162003. They are expecting a shipment no later than June 1st large enough to cover all current open Spac cases...
Pretty ridiculous. I don't know what the hell is going on with the parts side of GM lately, we can't get very common daily moving items without jumping through hoops it seems.. I know its not what you wanted to hear, sorry man.. There is a small chance they can work out supplier issues earlier, but I wouldn't hold my breath...One thing you might do just in case-is find a parts guy you trust, and double check that the correct part number is ordered for your vin. If you want to PM me your vin# I can double check it as well.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----