The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-27-2021, 10:06 AM   #15
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Congrats and welcome to the family!

Octane is a great color!

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:15 AM   #16
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Very sad day for me, I have bought a lot of new cars in my life and none of them touched me like My Camaro.. I swore up and down I would have it until it fell apart.

Well it did and at less than 12K miles and just over a year of ownership.

In what the dealer said it "Hydrolocked" within a couple of months from a stuck injector. And a few 1000 miles.

Then the Window Delamination - should have not happened on a 2020 Convertible - and it happened with just a few 1000 miles

Then the motor completely failed end of last week - less than 12k miles

My local Chevy dealer is awesome and they bought the car from me as is. Obviously with the warranty so they will fix and sell it, and I am sure it will be fine. I just could not look at the car the same anymore. I considered ordering a 2022 or buying a 2021 but it is too soon. The sting is still there - I am super sad.

You all have been great. Be safe and have fun!

I ended up finding a

2021 Octane Red Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody TR-6060 and jumped.
Sorry to hear that happened. Wow, that sucks but really like what you traded into. I've driven my buddies Challenger. They are BIG but look awesome...but I gotta have topless. Happy trails and best of luck to ya. Don't be a stranger here just because you are sans Camaro.
Old 04-27-2021, 11:50 AM   #17
Callaway SC630

Drives: 2020 Callaway Camaro SC630
Where are the yellow splitter guards that dealers leave on due to not knowing their product (and then the buyer thinks that they look cool)?
Old 04-27-2021, 12:10 PM   #18
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I read somewhere the engineers are so tired of people not removing them (they're shipping protection wrap if anyone really wants to know) that they considered making them some other awful color like pink so people would tear them off because they look bad
Funny, you'd think any company would have sensed a business opportunity right there

You know people would happily pay $50-$100 for those, if they aren't already!

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:11 PM   #19
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
The splitter guard is a shipping piece. It is a giant piece of molded plastic. I will grab a picture later. I think it is hidious. So i had them take it off. It is held on by 4 screws. Dealers do not take it off because some cutomers want them. They gave me mine back because the sell for $75+ on ebay.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:10 PM   #20
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Very sad day for me, I have bought a lot of new cars in my life and none of them touched me like My Camaro.. I swore up and down I would have it until it fell apart.

Well it did and at less than 12K miles and just over a year of ownership.

In what the dealer said it "Hydrolocked" within a couple of months from a stuck injector. And a few 1000 miles.

Then the Window Delamination - should have not happened on a 2020 Convertible - and it happened with just a few 1000 miles

Then the motor completely failed end of last week - less than 12k miles

My local Chevy dealer is awesome and they bought the car from me as is. Obviously with the warranty so they will fix and sell it, and I am sure it will be fine. I just could not look at the car the same anymore. I considered ordering a 2022 or buying a 2021 but it is too soon. The sting is still there - I am super sad.

You all have been great. Be safe and have fun!

I ended up finding a

2021 Octane Red Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody TR-6060 and jumped.
Sorry to hear about your Camaro experience, but you got into a great looking car. I’ll join the others in line who already commented on this, love the colour you picked.

Stick around, would love to hear your impressions of the Challenger vs. your SS.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:52 PM   #21
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Sorry to see you go, and I hope your experience with the Challenger is a good one. I hope you come back to tell us your impressions, especially the handling differences.

Enjoy the new ride!
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:45 PM   #22
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
That's good the dealer purchased it back. When people were having issues with the S197 and the transmission breaking down they would have to fight tooth and nail to lemon the car.

Scatpack is a great choice. While it's not an SS or LT1 it's a pretty comparable car otherwise. Similar specs when it comes to performance. The Camaro is a better handling car overall.

The Challenger Scatpack and Hellcat are both sexy cars.

I guess that's the good thing about buying a used Camaro. Mine is a 2016 and was low miles. almost 5 years old so those early bugs would have surfaced by now. I thought it was just the 2021 that was having issues with some of the engines such as the valve springs.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:22 AM   #23
FarmerFran

Thank you all very much. I am doing the grueling break in now but will report bad with inpressions after

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:31 PM   #24
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
I'm so sorry to hear about your Camaro problems.

On the other hand, you have a beautiful replacement in the Challenger.

You are fortunate to find a performance car of any kind in this low inventory market.

Congratulations and best wishes on the Challenger, please keep us updated on this car.

I came so close to buying a Challenger, when I purchased in April 2018.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 06:39 PM   #25
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
That’s a great looking car man. Congratulations. Stop by and check in obviously.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:01 PM   #26
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Sorry to hear about the problems you had with your Camaro. Congratulations on the Challenger though the scat pack was my second choice when I was shopping last year. I hope you enjoy it.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:31 AM   #27
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Yes, please keep us updated with reviews and photos! The Challenger has been on my shopping radar in the past... not my first choice, but the motor is. :O
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:32 AM   #28
FarmerFran

4 Day update.

I am still in the break-in period so I cannot get on it yet. Half throttle, less than 70mph and less than 5K rpm. But you can feel it is going to be a beast.

Here is a few things I noticed (yes before I bought it).

The wipers are the old style non-one piece design. Easily fixed when I replace them, I usually replace blades 1x per year.

The E-brake is the foot peddle. weird but no more weird than an electric version.

The backup camera is crap. You can see but the image is "yellow-ish" and you can tell it is old. But the image moves very fast vs HD images that tend to stutter.

You can tell the car is built solid. It is heavy but solid. The doors thud (in a good way) shut. Same with the trunk.

I have not been able to drive it hard but with the widebody 305s on all 4 you can tell it will handle extremely well.

The break-in is killing me.