Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-30-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
1LEMATT
1LE enthusiast

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
M6 launch bog issue, what exactly is it? I can't get mine to do it...

I have tried to launch with LC using various clutch let up techniques, I have also tried to launch myself...varying the rpm's up to about 3000 or so. I can't get it to do this bog thing some mention...

Is this bog more so when launching at a much higher rpm, or when you are on a tire?
Old 10-30-2017, 05:44 PM   #2
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
it's a good question. It is hard to put your finger on it. For me it was like the car would start moving then fall over a little, then take off, as observed from those watching.

I think though if I stay out of Competition mode I don't sense it. Even so I have recorded low 1.8s both in Comp Mode, with just TC off, and with all nannies off. Other have done better with slicks. So traction is still a limiting factor.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:07 AM   #3
1LEMATT
1LE enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
it's a good question. It is hard to put your finger on it. For me it was like the car would start moving then fall over a little, then take off, as observed from those watching.

I think though if I stay out of Competition mode I don't sense it. Even so I have recorded low 1.8s both in Comp Mode, with just TC off, and with all nannies off. Other have done better with slicks. So traction is still a limiting factor.
What rpm were you launching at?
Old 10-31-2017, 06:37 AM   #4
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
It seems to be more of a '17 M6 ZL1 issue.

My '16 SS launched much better than my '17 ZL1. And obviously, the A10 ZL1 guys are doing just fine.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:40 AM   #5
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMATT View Post
What rpm were you launching at?
I tried low rpm and up to 4K which I think is the LC limit. But with TC off I think we are on our own.

Now with DRs I am doing around 4K TC off. Depending on track prep that could be a spin or a 1.8-1.9.

I will say there is very fine point in the clutch release where you can just punch the throttle to the floor. Too early, you get too much slippage, too late you bog, for me 1 out of 4 times just right. Still on my NT555Rs a low 1.8 might be the best I can do.

I also think gearing is the biggest enemy of a good M6 launch.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:42 PM   #6
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I also think gearing is the biggest enemy of a good M6 launch.
I wish someone would make a set of 4:10's!!! May be a tad much on the autocross track, but I'd still give them a try.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:51 AM   #7
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
With slicks the best 60’ I’ve gotten was a 1.6x, but then I missed a shift. Doh! Otherwise it’s consistent high 1.7x, low 1.8x’s. There’s something in the ECM that’s protecting the driveline. HPTuners is working on getting a table for us to look at.

I’ll let you know what happens with radials and a 2-step next spring.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #8
1LEMATT
1LE enthusiast

I dunno, I just tried more launches last night, all nannies off, leaving at like 3000 rpm, it took off quite good, no bog at all. How much higher do I need to launch at to feel this? Or do I need a slick to notice this?
Old 11-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #9
Cdflyer

I noticed it once I put slicks on and tried launching above 4K
Old 11-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #10
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Some have mentioned that power has something to do with it as it is due to the torque management table that tuners don't have access to yet.

After a certain amount of power almost everyone I know in a fast M6 SS has noticed it. High rpm launch, good grip, car falls on its face real quick and then shoots back to life again.
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:11 PM   #11
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
Some have mentioned that power has something to do with it as it is due to the torque management table that tuners don't have access to yet.

After a certain amount of power almost everyone I know in a fast M6 SS has noticed it. High rpm launch, good grip, car falls on its face real quick and then shoots back to life again.
I might post a video of it later. It's really nasty looking and feeling if you don't know it's cutting power. Lol

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:21 AM   #12
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
I have been looking over Fraxum's logs lately and it is there plain as day. The car basically shuts down and fights back. He gets to WOT about 1 mph in and then the throttle kicks down to about 20%, timing dips out and so does the fuel. It is there for a good .7 or so and then everything comes back in. It looks like he pedaled it to stop spin but he is dead hooked. On some of his logs it comes back in again while in 1st still so he gets double nailed. I am doing my best to work through it but I haven't figured it out yet.

From talking with other's there is a clutch protection tq management deal we can't get to. I am sure it is much more pronounced in the ZL1's due to the power being made stock. So as you mod the SS's or start launching them harder you see it much more. I wish I had a car in front of me at the track to test some stuff to see if we can get around it.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:48 PM   #13
Cdflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
I have been looking over Fraxum's logs lately and it is there plain as day. The car basically shuts down and fights back. He gets to WOT about 1 mph in and then the throttle kicks down to about 20%, timing dips out and so does the fuel. It is there for a good .7 or so and then everything comes back in. It looks like he pedaled it to stop spin but he is dead hooked. On some of his logs it comes back in again while in 1st still so he gets double nailed. I am doing my best to work through it but I haven't figured it out yet.

From talking with other's there is a clutch protection tq management deal we can't get to. I am sure it is much more pronounced in the ZL1's due to the power being made stock. So as you mod the SS's or start launching them harder you see it much more. I wish I had a car in front of me at the track to test some stuff to see if we can get around it.
This is exactly what I’ve been fighting since I got good axles in my car with the slicks and all else stock. Now with the ProCharger, it’s even more pronounced. Hopefully, we can get it figured out before I get a tune for the long tubes for next season. I guess I have some time....
Old 11-27-2017, 07:38 AM   #14
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
Ryan Stevens (GPI) has figured out how to get rid of the bogging issue....it worked for Zach (KyWildcats) - he has no more bogging of the line and can rev past 5K RPM. 11.26 @120MPH Bolt On car best pass.

Think Zach launches around 6K or so....

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

Last edited by bhillakaiceberg; 11-27-2017 at 04:43 PM.
bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote