The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 11-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
Second Vette

Drives: 2011 Mustang
TRIM LEVELS - ANYONE HAVE A 1LT?

Opinions on the 1LT trim versus 2LT and 3LT?

Is it worth the extra $3500 to $7000 to upgrade?

Yes, just another Newbie here, been lurking for a while.
Second Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Depends on your personal preference... your needs vs. wants. I originally wanted a 2LT but settled on a 1LT when a Z51 1LT became immediately available. Performance was more important for me than amenities.

Chevrolet website breaks it down: http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-st...ecs/trims.html
Attached Images

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
binko

Drives: Honda Accord
I wish they would have a 1-1/2 LT.
I did order a 2LT however I could have done without the Memory seats, Head-up display and heated seats. I did want the color matched seats and arm rests, upgraded sound system. What I most wanted was the wheel style of the Z51 except with the smaller diameter and taller tires for a smoother ride. I settled for base wheels. Good Luck with you choice.
binko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Welecome to the site

Basically, upgrading to the 2LT gets you better electronics/"bells & whistles". Upgrading to the 3LT gives you more leather and higher quality materials.

And as long as you do not pick Jet Black interior, 2LT gives you a little more color on the interior and 3LT gives you a lot more color.

I'm ordering Jet Black interior so I am definitely going with a Z51 2LT.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
bowtie440

Drives: 2014 Stingray 1LT Coupe
I have a 1LT on order. It has everything I want at a great price. The C7 will be a weekend only, drive it to church, and take it to car shows kind of car.

Had to keep the cost "reasonable" because I am also planning on getting a new daily driver in 2015, perhaps a 6 cyl CTS or a Buick Grand National / GNX.
bowtie440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Here is the difference in color

Old 11-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
Second Vette

Thank you for the replies. I'm sitting on the LT1 / LT2 fence at the moment.
Since this is going to be my "semi official" Semi Retirement Car, I might just spend a little more for creature comforts, unless the Dealer makes me an offer I can't refuse.

BTW - I was looking at some sales ads and I came across one that said the Z51 Package Price is being increased by $1000 after the hold is over. I know everyone here will be shocked hearing that news, not.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #8
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Vette View Post
Thank you for the replies. I'm sitting on the LT1 / LT2 fence at the moment.
Since this is going to be my "semi official" Semi Retirement Car, I might just spend a little more for creature comforts, unless the Dealer makes me an offer I can't refuse.

BTW - I was looking at some sales ads and I came across one that said the Z51 Package Price is being increased by $1000 after the hold is over. I know everyone here will be shocked hearing that news, not.
It is a no-brainer bargain... but if true, oh boy! Which ad? A dealer's or GM's?
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #9
Second Vette

Not sure where I saw it. May have been either a Dealer or Private Party Ad on Auto Trader or Ebay.

It seems like there are a bunch of C-7's for sale, but very few of them have the Z51 Package.

I smell a Conspiracy. LOL
Old 11-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #10
1stcorvette

Drives: None at present
Good display of pics, Nate GM.
That's a great way of showing the difference.

BTW. I've ordered a Blade sil. z51, 2LT with adrenalin red, red brake cal. Now if I could just get GM to build it.....
1stcorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
scott53

Drives: '19 Camaro 2SS, '12 GMC Yukon
I was going through the same decision making process before finalizing my order for a C7. It is my Semi Retirement gift to myself. I doubt I will use it as a daily driver, as I have a '10 Camaro for in the good weather and a GMC Yukon for bad weather. My Corvettes have been weekend toys. My C6 GS was a 1LT and the C5 and C4 before that were base models. I was okay with that and never felt like I was missing out on anything. So I was going to go 1LT on the C7 too. My wife talked me into splurging a bit and going for the additional creature comforts of the 2LT. We’re in our early 60’s and both have back issues, we decided that the lumbar and heated seats will be a plus. She convinced me that after the long hours associated with 25+ years of self-employment we deserved to be “go for it” on the C7. So I ordered the 2LT. Got to love the way that girl thinks!
scott53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #12
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
You can add the center console lid piece to a 1LT and get a better look for the leather - it's about 300 in the color of your seats...see any of the OEM parts houses here on the web...
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #13
1KUIKC7

Drives: 2015 Zo6 3zl
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott53 View Post
I was going through the same decision making process before finalizing my order for a C7. It is my Semi Retirement gift to myself. I doubt I will use it as a daily driver, as I have a '10 Camaro for in the good weather and a GMC Yukon for bad weather. My Corvettes have been weekend toys. My C6 GS was a 1LT and the C5 and C4 before that were base models. I was okay with that and never felt like I was missing out on anything. So I was going to go 1LT on the C7 too. My wife talked me into splurging a bit and going for the additional creature comforts of the 2LT. We’re in our early 60’s and both have back issues, we decided that the lumbar and heated seats will be a plus. She convinced me that after the long hours associated with 25+ years of self-employment we deserved to be “go for it” on the C7. So I ordered the 2LT. Got to love the way that girl thinks!
Awesome!! I like her, lucky for me mine and yours think alike!!
1KUIKC7 is offline   Reply With Quote