The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
Bulos

Drives: 2015 Z51 2LT CRM & 2006 Scion TC
Now or later?

When I asked if it was possible that I would be called to order in May the dealer where I placed a deposit to get on the ordering line is telling me:
Cutoff for 2014 models is end of June. What will happen in June is we will go down the list of people that have placed the deposit. Starting at the top we will call each customer and ask them if the want to go ahead and order the 2014 or wait till August and order the 2015.

Guess it would be smart to be patient and go with a 2015..........thoughts?

PS: They will accept non Z51 orders.
Bulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:23 PM   #2
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
There are pros and cons for both choices, especially if you are ordering an automatic.

If you wait for the 2015, you will have an 8 speed automatic transmission as well as some other slight improvements (just an assumption at this point). However you will have to wait at least a couple extra months for your Stingray and pay for another price increase. General Motors has not decided on how much the price increase will be for the 2015 Stingray yet, but they have decided that there will definitely will be one. They will also be increasing the price for the Z51 package since they cannot keep up with demand and need to encourage people to stop choosing that option.

If you go with the 2014, you can get your car a few months sooner and enjoy it for more of the summer (even though it is bassically summer year-around where you live ). You will also be able to save a little cash and be able to say that you got a seventh generation Stingray for it's first model year.

So basically, if time and money are not a factor, go with the 2015. Otherwise, go with 2014. You really can't go wrong either way though
Old 04-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #3
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
I wouldn't wait. Especially if your car was ordered before the price increase.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
Bulos

Drives: 2015 Z51 2LT CRM & 2006 Scion TC
Both of you guys make valid points. Where I am at is I feel that if I can get the car I want at current 2014 prices (1 LT, 7 speed man, performance exhaust, Z51, Crystal red metallic, blk wheels ) There is nothing spectacular in the wind for 2015 unless you want an 8 spd auto. The rest of the projected 2015 changes seem trivial at this point. Hell I am not even sure they will have an allocation for a Z51 by the end of June so it may all be a moot point.
Bulos is offline   Reply With Quote