The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-15-2018, 04:01 PM   #43
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Who buys work trucks based on looks?
I do. A company's work trucks says a lot about the company to me. One of the biggest reasons I stick with the 3500 chevy cutaway with the spartan box is because they dont look dorky like the sprinters and whatever that thing ford is pushing these days. On the other hand, I started using the new Superduty for pickup duty because I like the looks of them better than the Current 2500 chevy.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:59 PM   #44

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
A question about bumpers....

The rear looks like the classic steel step-type and is an actual real bumper, correct? It looks that way from what I can tell....

What about the "front bumper"?....Is there a "real" bumper in the front there somewhere, useable for pushing another vehicle, or is it all plastic made to just look like a bumper?...

Thanks....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #45
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I may have missed it, but is there any talk of improvements to eAssist?

The RAM basically took what GM offers with the eAssist, and then doubled or tripled its capacity, which I think is pretty cool. With all the improvments that GM is doing with its engines and drivetrains to increase efficiency, a better eAssist would be icing on the cake.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #46
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65

Already spotted and un-camo'd.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:12 PM   #47
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Dude... I want that truck.

I thought the same thing. Maybe time for my 3/4 ton 04 DMax to find a new home. A half ton DMax is what I really need anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:12 PM   #48
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
“When we surveyed (7,000 truck owners), off-road performance was definitely the strongest (compared to street performance),” explained Chevrolet truck marketing director Sandor Piszar. “Right now we’re focusing on off-road performance. That’s why you see the Trailboss Custom and LT… certainly street performance is an opportunity in the pickup truck space, and we’re constantly assessing. Stay tuned.”
From GM Authority...
Old 01-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #49
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
From GM Authority...
PLEASE PUT THE LT4 IN A REG CAB SHORT BED FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD.
2016 Red Hot 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC, Nav, and Sunroof. VIN #115750
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:13 AM   #50
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Any idea on what changes were made to the engines, other than adding the skip fire?
Old 01-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #51
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
The survey should have read "off-road LOOKS" are most important. I can't count how many Raptors I see around here towing work trailers.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:26 PM   #52
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
So we know of the new 3.0L I-6 Duramax, updated 5.3L V8 and updated 6.2L V8. What are the other 3 engines?
2.7L Turbo I4 gas and maybe a 3.0L Turbo I6 gas version are my two guesses built from the new engine family GM is bringing to market with the new generation of trucks and suv's.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:17 AM   #53
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
GM was giving Ford the gears for going with Aluminum when they updated and couple years later join Ford with adding Aluminum with all the hinged panels. I like that they have gone away from the square wheel-wells but don't like the grill and Ram has the better interior.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:46 AM   #54
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
GM was giving Ford the gears for going with Aluminum when they updated and couple years later join Ford with adding Aluminum with all the hinged panels. I like that they have gone away from the square wheel-wells but don't like the grill and Ram has the better interior.
GM was giving Ford **** for using an aluminum bed. If I'm correct GM's been using aluminum for the hoods for a while now. They just expanded its use into the doors and tailgate, but the bed remains steel.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:01 AM   #55
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Their ads were almost exclusively targeted at the aluminum bed. GM is still using steel there. I think there might have been a bit of hand wringing online (so not from GM) about using aluminum bodywork on top of that, where people were worried about the side of the truck getting dinged up way more easily (and being more expensive to repair to boot). Those criticisms are going to be almost as valid a year from now as they are today, only sticking point is that now the Silverado's door skins will be made from aluminum just like in the Ford. But the bed won't & the fenders won't.

And its not as if this is the first time GM has put aluminum on a truck. The only difference now is the door skins and maybe the tailgate (but I think it was aluminum in the last generation too).

If GM had gone ALL aluminum on the Silverado (doing the exact same thing as Ford), then yes it would be fair to point out their hypocrisy. But they didn't, so it isn't.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:06 AM   #56
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Their ads were almost exclusively targeted at the aluminum bed. GM is still using steel there. I think there might have been a bit of hand wringing online (so not from GM) about using aluminum bodywork on top of that, where people were worried about the side of the truck getting dinged up way more easily (and being more expensive to repair to boot). Those criticisms are going to be almost as valid a year from now as they are today, only sticking point is that now the Silverado's door skins will be made from aluminum just like in the Ford. But the bed won't & the fenders won't.

And its not as if this is the first time GM has put aluminum on a truck. The only difference now is the door skins and maybe the tailgate (but I think it was aluminum in the last generation too).

If GM had gone ALL aluminum on the Silverado (doing the exact same thing as Ford), then yes it would be fair to point out their hypocrisy. But they didn't, so it isn't.
This one made no mention of the bed just steel vs aluminum
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote