The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-12-2018, 07:33 PM   #1
Sullie63
CamaroFan63

Drives: '15 1LT Summit White
Hot Wheels 50th anniversary Tv show

Hot Wheels 50th anniversary Tv show. History Channel

Hot Wheels creates a one off special 50th anniversary car to be revealed at S.e.m.a. show.
Inside look at the company over the years and inside look
at the beginning of the build of the car

Showing now with a re air at 11 pm Central time and another
at 3 pm Central Friday afternoon.
Strut bar / Husky Floor liners

Last edited by Sullie63; 07-12-2018 at 11:09 PM.
Sullie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:49 AM   #2
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Just got done watching it. It was entertaining, but I feel like they spent too much time hyping up their 50th anniversary car. My son watched the first half and had a bunch of his cars out playing, so that was cool.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #3
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
I watched it and it was too much about the 50 anniversary car, but I have several of the cars they talked about. It was cool seeing that
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:20 PM   #4
Sullie63
CamaroFan63

Drives: '15 1LT Summit White
Was a good program.. but could have used less of the one off 50th creation.
Strut bar / Husky Floor liners
Sullie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:42 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I thought it was alright. They had some pretty good celebrities sharing their stories, but like everyone else said the narrative about the 50th anniversary car was lame. It was cool hearing Thom Beers (voice of Monster Garage) again though.

The one earlier this week on hot rods & muscle cars was a lot better, in my opinion. Be interesting to see how tonights show about American car culture in general is.

Also, to their whole Car Week thing ... its nice seeing actual documentaries where they talk about things from the past (for more than 1 sentence) on History. Buying & selling old things (Pawn Stars, Pickers, Counting Cars) isn't history. Forged in Fire is like one of umpteen cooking shows but with knifes and swords instead of cakes. Working outside usually isn't considered historical. Ditto with shows that present the paranormal (curses, monsters, aliens, etc) as real. And 'alternate history' by definition is not history: if it was, it wouldn't be considered 'alternate'. Get through all that and there isn't much left in their regular lineup. Rant over.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:24 PM   #6
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I thought it was alright. They had some pretty good celebrities sharing their stories, but like everyone else said the narrative about the 50th anniversary car was lame. It was cool hearing Thom Beers (voice of Monster Garage) again though.

The one earlier this week on hot rods & muscle cars was a lot better, in my opinion. Be interesting to see how tonights show about American car culture in general is.

Also, to their whole Car Week thing ... its nice seeing actual documentaries where they talk about things from the past (for more than 1 sentence) on History. Buying & selling old things (Pawn Stars, Pickers, Counting Cars) isn't history. Forged in Fire is like one of umpteen cooking shows but with knifes and swords instead of cakes. Working outside usually isn't considered historical. Ditto with shows that present the paranormal (curses, monsters, aliens, etc) as real. And 'alternate history' by definition is not history: if it was, it wouldn't be considered 'alternate'. Get through all that and there isn't much left in their regular lineup. Rant over.
If the cooking contestants had to recreate a historical cake from the 17th century.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote