Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > ZL1 Parts

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 10:19 PM   #71
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post

I don't even want this guy to find me geniune OEM wheels to trade anymore. I don't trust him. At all. I want a refund. But he coming up with every single reason in the book to not make this right.

Agreed... fight for a refund or like another person suggested legal action

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
Old 01-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #72
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlavoie87 View Post
Agreed... fight for a refund or like another person suggested legal action
Yeah I've got some family in law enforcement so I'll check this week what my options are. I'm not holding my breath...but it is a larger transaction so who knows.

Too bad he just won't stand up and do the right thing and refund me and take them back. I struggle to think that there is any other proper outcome here.

I guess I'll try and sell them and take the financial hit on the difference. They are decent wheels for someone who wants replicas. I'll have to see what these might be worth.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:44 PM   #73
cc-rider

Here's another fun tid bit about this guy. He doesn't even use his own paypal. He uses some woman's PayPal account for this...what he claims is his girlfriend. Wonder why that is?

What a disaster...
Old 01-01-2017, 11:13 PM   #74
Crash76
Team 913

Drives: '14 ZL1, '15 Jeep GC, ‘22 Ram 2500
Not knowing the wheels were aftermarket, and mistakingly selling them as OEM, A person of honor and integrity would refund the money and take the wheels back.

A person knowingly selling repo wheels as OEM and would not agree to return the buyers money has neither honor nor integrity.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:32 PM   #75
orange10ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1
Like I said before , all he had to do is talk to me about it instead of running his mouth and telling me what I'm gonna do . I told him I would get him another set and everything would of been fine , all I asked was for him to not bash me on my other parts cause that had nothing to do with this , and he said he's not deleting it . As far as him saying I'm trying to scam , anyone can ask all the people I dealt with on here have I screwed anyone over , no I have not , i even helped other people here if they didn't know how to setup something and for him to come on here and talk all this is rediculous . He's the one with no feedbacks and who knows what he is trying to pull . Maybe he seen my feedbacks and was gonna try to screw me over and the pics are of aftermarket wheels and not the ones I sold him . But enough is enough I'm not going back and forth with him nor anyone else that wants to jump on his bandwagon . He delivers the wheels that were sold to him in the same condition he got them I will give him the 1400 back .
Old 01-02-2017, 12:15 AM   #76
sspddmn

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE and 1991 Z28
Not taking sides or anything, just looking at this for what this is. Yes, Orange10ss never screwed over anyone on his other transactions and has 100% positive feedback. However, in this case, despite how cc responded, you should have offered some kind of solution and I'm sure he would have taken it down a few notches. Like I said, despite how cc responded, he had every right to be upset. I'm sure most people would be upset too considering that they were labeled as OEM etc etc. Orange, judging by you responses to others who have posted here, I'm sure you would have been pretty upset too were if it the other way around and you were the one that got scammed whether intentional or not.

On a side note, I have been researching aftermarket wheels for the better part of this past year. I have found that many wheels are now being made in China and Taiwan. It wouldn't surprise me that the companies there in China would stamp in the ZL1 logo on the spokes. They wouldn't be afraid of any consequences from GM. So don't be surprised if you start seeing these replicas pop up more frequently with the ZL1 or even Camaro logo on the face.

Orange, you are a car guy as I can see from your pics of your workshop and you own a ZL1. Maybe when you got the wheels and saw the ZL1 logo on the spokes, you never thought twice of verifying that its OEM. Maybe. However, you handled the wheels. The size alone should have you questioning these wheels. Not to mention, one look at these chome ones, I could tell they were replicas. When cc mentioned something about the lug nut area, he meant that they look shallow and not concave at all. Our OEM ZL1 wheels are deep in the center and really concave. And the inside of the ZL1 logo on the spoke should be clean and smooth not rough like how it shows. That immediately tells me these wheels are cast.

Orange I know you offered a solution but I don't think cc should eat the cost of shipping these wheels back to you. I know it would be difficult for you to swallow but it wasn't his mistake that these wheels were not OEM. He bought these wheels based on your advertising them that they were OEM. Sorry but I know you wont be happy with what I've said here but like I said, I'm looking at this for what it is. I know you conduct a lot of sales here but to make this right, he shouldn't eat the cost of shipping unless he agrees to it. This is the cost of doing honest busness. Just my two cents sir.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:32 AM   #77
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
People need to know the character of this guy. So I'm not so sure I agree that I should go delete my warnings on his other for sale threads. But I will do it anyway.

Speaking of deleting. After all this...you guys should go read the negative review he gave me on iTrader over this. He screws me. Then gives me a negative iTrader rating. It's barely coherent. And full of lies. I would encourage you guys to go read it on my profile. It is quite special. Anyone think he should go delete that?

This is turning into such a nightmare. I don't care if the guy has a thousand good iTrader ratings. You can see the character of him here in this thread. Not just with me, but even others. Calling people nutswingers. Lying. Still doesn't admit these aren't OEM wheels. Won't refund me my money.

I don't even want this guy to find me geniune OEM wheels to trade anymore. I don't trust him. At all. I want a refund. But he coming up with every single reason in the book to not make this right.
Thing is, by posting on all of his other listings, it starts to throw you in the wrong. It goes into harassment and in assuming he got all of his ratings for a reason, maybe this is a one time goof up. A huge one at that. But still, do your best to play by the rules. And the iTrader is specifically for reviewing how business goes about here. He's free to leave any review that he wants, as are you to him. Unless it's blatant lies, which it may or may not be as only you two actually know, that would be mod territory to find out if the review needs to be removed or revised at least. Play by the rules man. Stay in the right so there is nothing against you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash76 View Post
Not knowing the wheels were aftermarket, and mistakingly selling them as OEM, A person of honor and integrity would refund the money and take the wheels back.

A person knowingly selling repo wheels as OEM and would not agree to return the buyers money has neither honor nor integrity.
+1. Orange, by the way this is turning out, you're starting to seem like the latter. As a proclaimed avid church goer, a follower in Christ would do what is truly right in this situation, regardless whether or not you agree with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10ss View Post
Like I said before , all he had to do is talk to me about it instead of running his mouth and telling me what I'm gonna do . I told him I would get him another set and everything would of been fine , all I asked was for him to not bash me on my other parts cause that had nothing to do with this , and he said he's not deleting it . As far as him saying I'm trying to scam , anyone can ask all the people I dealt with on here have I screwed anyone over , no I have not , i even helped other people here if they didn't know how to setup something and for him to come on here and talk all this is rediculous . He's the one with no feedbacks and who knows what he is trying to pull . Maybe he seen my feedbacks and was gonna try to screw me over and the pics are of aftermarket wheels and not the ones I sold him . But enough is enough I'm not going back and forth with him nor anyone else that wants to jump on his bandwagon . He delivers the wheels that were sold to him in the same condition he got them I will give him the 1400 back .
This is a considerable step up from what we've seen you respond with in the past. However, like another member stated, I don't think he should have to eat the cost of shipping. The full $1650 or whatever was paid should be refunded to him. You're almost there man. Give him the full refund and make this right. That way all parties involved can move forward and your reputation as a seller on here isn't tarnished any further.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 01-02-2017, 05:54 AM   #78
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c ss View Post
I'm not sure what you are getting at but I'm assuming you are saying that you would put a set of aftermarket ZL1 wheels on your car and nobody except the odd zl1 owner would know any different. Visually, you are probably correct! Unless you look at the inner side and look for stampings or casting marks. Nothing wrong with putting ZL1 wheels on your SS or any other car for that matter!
Pretty straightforward...somene asked why they were putting zl1 rims on a SS I responded that I like them and imo would put them on my car before any aftermarket. I didnt say anywhere in my post after market Dont see the confusion.

Last edited by rontammy0; 01-02-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:36 AM   #79
cc-rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10ss View Post
So let me get this straight...I send you the wheels back...and once you receive them, I get $1400 back? So then I end up with somewhere around $1150 back from something I paid $1650 for?

I think not. You've demonstrated nothing but untrustworthy character and lies here. I'd end up with $0 back and no wheels. Because you are a scammer.

If you do want to make it right, you will pay me the full $1650 that I paid you...sent via PayPal "friend" like I did to you...plus you will pay the shipping back to you.

This is YOUR mistake. YOUR scam. If you want to make it right...then stop with the vague offers here that fall short of any action on your part. You know my PayPal. Send the money.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:55 AM   #80
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Is there a middle ground?

Buyer keeps the rims but gets a partial refund based on the value difference between OEM and aftermarket?

Given that neither party would have to eat return shipping at that point, would both parties be agreeable? You've obviously got each others' contact information. Why not calm down a bit, take a breath, and then try to work it out? If that fails, you still have all the same options as before, it costs you guys nothing to negotiate in good faith to try and resolve this now.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:57 AM   #81
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS
Old 01-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #82
cc-rider

I don't want the wheels. I wanted genuine OEM ZL1 wheels. Not these. So there is no middle ground. They were misrepresented...hell, the guy still refuses to admit they aren't OEM! Goes to show you the extent that they guy will lie here.

There is no middle ground. I got screwed. Either he makes it right or he doesn't.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:34 AM   #83
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
I don't see what all the fuss and confusion here is. Seller (OP) seems like a good guy with good history, he made an honest mistake and did own up to it.

The buyer received a nice set of wheels for a great price, but he did not ask for replicas, he intended to buy OEM wheels that he did not receive.

Refund has been accepted, but it was the seller's responsibility to know what he's selling. It was an honest mistake but the fault here lies with the seller and the shipping cost should be refunded as well.

Call it whatever you want, but it's 2017... this is how business is handled.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:49 AM   #84
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Pretty straightforward...somene asked why they were putting zl1 rims on a SS I responded that I like them and imo would put them on my car before any aftermarket. I didnt say anywhere in my post after market Dont see the confusion.
Nor did you say anywhere in your post OEM! The entire thread issue is about aftermarket wheels!

Closed Thread