Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-02-2017, 07:03 AM   #15
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
When I was younger I used to just over spray with windshield fluid. That would usually suffice. If the tailgating continued, I would get a bit more aggressive. These days I figure there are enough douche bags out there. I typically ignore them if I am with the flow of traffic. If I can let them pass, I move over.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:06 AM   #16
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
I don't know if this will come through, but saw this on FB yesterday and it is very fitting for this one!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/vid...xt=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
Old 08-02-2017, 07:08 AM   #17
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
If I can not get out of their way then the next step is to turn on the
"Emergency Flasher" for a short while,
and add explosive decel popping with the Dual-mode NPP exhaust.
That usually works and they immediately drop back ... probably thinking I have a flat or the engine is about to explode, lol.
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:21 AM   #18
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Just wondering if anyone has come up with some sort of anti-tailgating device. I was thinking of something along the lines of a super bright LED light, like what you'd see on an off-roading Jeep or truck, placed above the rear seats, wired to a switch at the centre console or something.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Your kidding. You don't get the news? People are shooting others in road rage events. Have been for decades. And you want to escalate it? You must have the "bullet-proof" option for your car.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:41 AM   #19
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
I live in Canada so shooting isn't an issue

And I could slow down or move over myself or things of that nature, but F*** them, that's why not
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:50 AM   #20
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
yep cleaning your windshield usually works
Old 08-02-2017, 09:38 AM   #21
pogie_boy

Drives: 2013 2LT RS CRT
Tailgaters were already a pet peeve of mine before I got my camaro.

NOw I swear I get 10x more people tailgating me. Perhaps because before they were a bit afraid of the POS truck I was driving....

.. I think mostly though its a combination of Aholes thinking they want to race or people just enamored with the car and wanting to get close to the car.

I usually just:
* get out of the way if I can
* slow down
* put on some soothing Funky music
* Open the sunroof
* flip them the bird
* enjoy
pogie_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:41 AM   #22
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogie_boy View Post
Tailgaters were already a pet peeve of mine before I got my camaro.

NOw I swear I get 10x more people tailgating me. Perhaps because before they were a bit afraid of the POS truck I was driving....

.. I think mostly though its a combination of Aholes thinking they want to race or people just enamored with the car and wanting to get close to the car.

I usually just:
* get out of the way if I can
* slow down
* put on some soothing Funky music
* Open the sunroof
* flip them the bird
* enjoy
Same... PFunk or George Clinton, and just kick back.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:42 AM   #23
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
I live in Canada so shooting isn't an issue

And I could slow down or move over myself or things of that nature, but F*** them, that's why not
Your half the problem, stop being a douche and move over. That would get you shot here...
Old 08-02-2017, 09:46 AM   #24
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Use your windshield washer.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:47 AM   #25
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Intentionally slowing down is the biggest dick move of them all. No one elected any of you speed monitor. Move over, if you can safely, and let people live their own lives.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:00 AM   #26
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Intentionally slowing down is the biggest dick move of them all. No one elected any of you speed monitor. Move over, if you can safely, and let people live their own lives.
I don't slow down to below the speed limit, but I will slow down to the speed limit, especially if it is on a 2 lane highway. If there are multiple lanes and I am in the left and holding up traffic, I will try to get over, if I am in the right lane and doing the speed limit or quicker, I am NOT going to move over to the shoulder to let you by. When there is a legal passing zone and it is safe, you can go right by me at that point. I am not going to criticize others for their speed unless it puts me or others besides the driver of the car doing the speeding in danger, tailgating on the other hand, there is no need for it.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:08 AM   #27
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafountain View Post
I don't slow down to below the speed limit, but I will slow down to the speed limit, especially if it is on a 2 lane highway. If there are multiple lanes and I am in the left and holding up traffic, I will try to get over, if I am in the right lane and doing the speed limit or quicker, I am NOT going to move over to the shoulder to let you by. When there is a legal passing zone and it is safe, you can go right by me at that point. I am not going to criticize others for their speed unless it puts me or others besides the driver of the car doing the speeding in danger, tailgating on the other hand, there is no need for it.
+1... all lanes are occupied in rush hour traffic, and I have some asshat riding me, yes I will slowdown to get him/her off my six. I'm not performing the "biggest dick" move, the tailgaiter is!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:31 AM   #28
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafountain View Post
No one mentioned moving over to the shoulder. If it's congestion on all lanes that's fine. My point was people riding in the left lane not passing with miles of open road ahead or intentionally going slow on a single lane where there is no safe place to pass.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote