Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-15-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
Flowtie1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Next Round Of Mods

well I have had my 17 zl1 M6 for about 9 months. Already put the roto fab and American racing 17/8 with their long system into factory muffler. Sounds amazing. Called Ted Jannetty and he gave me some great advice. I ordered the flex/fuel kit, voltage booster, throttlebody (jre's) Ted is doing the tune for me. I decided not to swap any pulleys. I have never dynoed the car but I may afterwards. I think the fuel and tune should wake it up a bit.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:53 PM   #2
Canadian ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 1995 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowtie1 View Post
well I have had my 17 zl1 M6 for about 9 months. Already put the roto fab and American racing 17/8 with their long system into factory muffler. Sounds amazing. Called Ted Jannetty and he gave me some great advice. I ordered the flex/fuel kit, voltage booster, throttlebody (jre's) Ted is doing the tune for me. I decided not to swap any pulleys. I have never dynoed the car but I may afterwards. I think the fuel and tune should wake it up a bit.
Will be interested to see your results with Ted. What I like about him and especially how he looks at our cars (ZL1) is he tunes with efficiency in mind.
So what I mean is he maximizes the LT4's capability. Heat is the number 1 culprit for power loss BUT Ted has the knowledge and experience from what I have seen and read.

As for the Pulleys, I'd consider upgrading the upper pulley. Talk to Ted but he can tune your car to still be well within the safe limits.

Good luck!
Old 10-15-2020, 04:49 PM   #3
JasonGofast
Used to own a ZL1

Drives: '16 Z06
You did a rotofab and arh headers and didn't need a tune?
JasonGofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:47 PM   #4
Flowtie1

I have driven it for months without a tune. We only did a rear cat delete as I hate codes. It runs like a scaled dog. It is running fat so I can't wait for Ted's tune. He took the time to talk to me good dude. I feel very good about doing business with him. Sadly no local tuners I feel comfortable with
Old 10-16-2020, 08:06 AM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Ted has helped me on stuff in the past, and I like the way he goes into builds for these cars, too.

There have been threads in the past (and even a newer one right now) that go into problems a tracks and road courses because of heat and mods. It seems to me that builds, like this one, that Ted has invested a lot of time and research into, are probably a lot more effective that some of the other combinations that are out there, where boost is added, and heat exchangers (and such) are swapped. I like the way Ted optimizes what GM gives us, and just polishes it a little more to get the most out of it. I think the E' is most beneficial, too, from what I can ascertain.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:31 AM   #6
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonGofast View Post
You did a rotofab and arh headers and didn't need a tune?
Don't need a tune for a Rotofab and headers. Just won't see quite as much power gain as you would with a tune.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #7
Flowtie1

Zoh6 is correct
Old 10-16-2020, 02:19 PM   #8
Flowtie1

Ted told me we already have a blower spinning 20000 rpm. To overdrive it creates more heat which is the enemy of our cars. I am excited to get his system and tune
Old 10-16-2020, 03:58 PM   #9
19Nasty1le
Craig

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
I’m looking for some guidance right now for missing my 19 ZLE, I have 2 shops telling me 2 different thing (do upper pulley and don’t) I currently have Soler TB, Dry Roto Fab and Corsa Extreme+ Catback.

Was debating doing:
Kooks 1 7/8 with catted connection pipes
160 stat
Catch Can
Tune

Was told it should yield around 40-60whp and 80-100wtrq.

Was told the upper pulley can cause slip issues, not sure if I should add the ATI 15% damper kit into all of that or what.

This is just a street car if that helps with any guidance, looking for cost effective power to be around 650+whp and 700wtq