The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-07-2014, 11:08 AM   #1
Uproar

Drives: Porsches-C7
Don't Buy from RPI

I am really disapointed in having to start a thread like this and I realize that there have to be many satisfied customers of RPI.

Having read good results here on the Forum was one of the reasons that I initially made my purchase and continued to give Josh and Don the benefit of the doubt until this morning.

The Readers Digest version of this is that I ordered a set of side skirts for my new C7 on 3/1/14. The order showed "waiting for Paypal" which I didn't think too much about as I had seen Don indicate in another thread that a customer wouldn't be billed until the item was shipped. (I thought that was a nice touch)

On 3/12/14 I brought the order status to RPI's attention for a second time and received a "DEAR SIR" reply. (Not valued customer or Ken) The Paypal transaction had apprarently not went through. I have several hundred Paypal transactions and this is the first time that I have seen an order process and give me an order number without the funds transfer.

So, without any help from RPI, I processed a second order with this one showing the funds transfer. I asked for some consideration on getting the skirts expedited since I really didn't feel that I had done anything wrong. Josh refused to provide any help along this line and his tone was that the Customer is Always Wrong. He went on to say that they get several transactions a week where the check out is not completed and that they follow up on these with a phone call. That certainly would have been great. But I did not receive a call. Josh went on to say how long and hard he works....Having had just worked myself 27 out of the previous 28 days, I understand that, but I don't make excuses to my customers in a tone that I could care less about their business or that I am too busy for them.

Despite RPI's tone, I hung in there and thought they would make this right. I was promised that my skirts would be sent at the end of the month of March. That promise came and went and I was again promised that the skirts would be shipped last week. I waited patiently until Friday of last week and requested the shipping information. There was no reply to that e-mail. On Saturday morning I requested again the shipping information. Understanding that Don or Josh might be out until Monday I continued to wait for the courtesy of a reply. Sadly, there has been none.

I have now been forced to file a Non-Receipt Dispute with PayPal.

It has been 37 days since my first good faith purchase and now 26 days since I initiated a second attempt to purchase. RPI has had my money for that period of time.

I am sure that PayPal will protect me and recover my funds.

But - Don't Buy from RPI.

Ken
Uproar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I have a about $2000 worth of purchases from RPI, never a problem what so ever....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
bkindall
NCM Raffle Winner

Drives: '14 Cpe 3LT Z51 Crystal Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I have a about $2000 worth of purchases from RPI, never a problem what so ever....
I do as well. They have been very quick to answer emails and calls to help with some of my purchases.

That being said, a company does have hiccups. I am dealing with this on a separate vendor, but they have been rather accepting of the issue at hand and welcomed my criticism. I do find calling and talking one on one instead of waiting for email correspondence seems to move issues along faster and with less irritation on all sides.
bkindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
gthal

Drives: 2014 Z51 coupe
My experience with RPI is that they are much slower than other vendors but things eventually get delivered. Because they are not as responsive, I tend to go elsewhere if I can but sometimes it isn't an option.
1996 BMW M3 | Estoril blue | Track car | Heavily modded for the track but still street legal... barely
Previous: 2011 M3 coupe | Jerez black | Fox Red interior | Competition Package | M-DCT
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #5
mowilson329

Drives: 2014 Stingray 1LT/Z51
Hate to hear you had a problem....

Have bought from them probably 6-7 times in the past 2 months and never had a single issue...
Old 04-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
gthal

Drives: 2014 Z51 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowilson329 View Post
Hate to hear you had a problem....

Have bought from them probably 6-7 times in the past 2 months and never had a single issue...
I think one of their issues lately is on custom painted things and turn around time... I ordered a carbon flash "CORVETTE" decal to replace the Chrome one I had and it took them more than 30 days from order to shipping and that is with me contacting them 2 times. Anyway, it did ship... just took a while and longer than I see with other vendors.
1996 BMW M3 | Estoril blue | Track car | Heavily modded for the track but still street legal... barely
Previous: 2011 M3 coupe | Jerez black | Fox Red interior | Competition Package | M-DCT
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:47 PM   #7
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience Ken. I've ordered from RPI about five or six times and have spent at least $5,000 there. I've never ran into any problems myself, in fact, the service and quality of the products was great every time.

I agree that every company occasionally has hiccups, and I'm sorry that you experienced a hiccup from a normally great company. Let us know how it ends up working out. Hopefully there was some sort of big misunderstanding.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #8
Uproar

Drives: Porsches-C7
To be fair, here is the thread and reply from RPI on CF.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/tran...-from-rpi.html
Uproar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #9
Steven Bell

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Like Glen, I have always had a great experience with Don and RPI.
Steven Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #10
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
YUP, they suck!

Ordered door panel kick panels for my new C7 from them. Drivers side came warped. Sent email to Josh G. This jerk accused me of installing them wrong???? Huh, they came warped. I didn't ask for a refund - only to send me a correct drivers side panel.
Told me to send them both back. This is after the passenger side one was already installed. Yes that's right, literally rip the installed one off!?!
I again asked nicely please send me a replacement - nope, wouldn't do that.
Then he lies in a post saying that I refused to send pix!!!!
I tried to work thru Don at RPI - I sent him pix but RPI refused to make it right.
Spent several thousand with them over the 5 years I've had my 5th Gen Camaro.
Nice way to treat a loyal customer, huh? Owner is crooked and a lier.....

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote