Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-16-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
ENGINE IS REDUCED POWER - SEEMS A LOT OF 5TH GENS HAVING THIS ISSUE LATELY

So it happened to me yesterday with just under 18,000 miles on the odometer for the first time.

I've been doing some online checking and it appears a lot of 5th Gen Camaro's are experiencing this same D.I.C message with various symptoms being the root cause of the "ENGINE IS REDUCED POWER" message.

First, who has had them message and what was your repairs?

Second, at what mileage was on the odometer when it first displayed the message?

Third, is your 5th Gen Camaro stock or modified?
** I'm seeing that mostly stock 5th Gen's are getting this "ENGINE IS REDUCED POWER" message.

Lastly, anyone know of any known TSB's for this ?

I took no chances, once it happened to me yesterday , I pulled over and pressed OnStar for diagnostics and over 8 different trouble codes so, I had them tow to the nearest Chevy dealership.
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #2
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
No catch can, LOL.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
No catch can, LOL.

That sucks OP but catch can isn't the issue at 18k i put my can on at 25k wish i had done it earlier but i seafoamed about a month afterwards and took a look and was a little happier. You can still drive with that message it's limp mode which sux in these cars but 8 trouble codes is a bit much. I'm blaming it on the really shitty winter gas blend this year i've noticed a massive MPG drop from the previous year and i've had 2 CEL's due to moisture in the lines which is remedied with some dry gas and injector cleaner i did check all my lines at a family friends auto shop the second time and it's not a leak anywhere or a bad seal just really shitty gas even from Shell. I do use 93 octane up here we get it so it's not me being a tard and putting regular in and expecting better gas mileage.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #4
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
I had it happen to me , in 2 1/2 weeks of ownership , maybe not even 120 miles on her
On star said to to a couple on things and that should of take care of it
Bu t came back in a weeks time or little more , this time they told me to take it to the dealer , the # 1 &. 2 oxygen sensors weren't talking to each other ( they to have those things
Shop replaced it , never had an issue ever since
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
So it happened to me yesterday with just under 18,000 miles on the odometer for the first time.

I've been doing some online checking and it appears a lot of 5th Gen Camaro's are experiencing this same D.I.C message with various symptoms being the root cause of the "ENGINE IS REDUCED POWER" message.

First, who has had them message and what was your repairs?

Second, at what mileage was on the odometer when it first displayed the message?

Third, is your 5th Gen Camaro stock or modified?
** I'm seeing that mostly stock 5th Gen's are getting this "ENGINE IS REDUCED POWER" message.

Lastly, anyone know of any known TSB's for this ?

I took no chances, once it happened to me yesterday , I pulled over and pressed OnStar for diagnostics and over 8 different trouble codes so, I had them tow to the nearest Chevy dealership.
thespymaster,

Sincere apologies to read of your engine reduced power concerns. I understand that you're seeking thoughts and opinions, but please keep me updated on what you hear from the dealer. We're here in case you need additional assistance regarding your diagnosis.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:07 PM   #6
SS_Diaz

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to SS_Diaz
Just happened to me today. my handheld tuner says its the throttle position sensor. Doesn't look like a hard fix but i hope it actually fixes the problem since my car is out of warranty. Now i gotta see how much these sensors are
Old 03-21-2014, 04:17 PM   #7
HeritageLS

Drives: 2012 1LS Camaro (Victory Red)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
thespymaster,

Sincere apologies to read of your engine reduced power concerns. I understand that you're seeking thoughts and opinions, but please keep me updated on what you hear from the dealer. We're here in case you need additional assistance regarding your diagnosis.

Sincerely,

William R.

Chevrolet Customer Care

I didn't know that they were on here. that's awesome. Well done

Good luck to everyone dealing with this
HeritageLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageLS View Post
I didn't know that they were on here. that's awesome. Well done

Good luck to everyone dealing with this
Thanks so much!

Yes, this is one of the 90+ automotive forums that we have a presence on .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 03-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #9
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
thespymaster,

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
First, I would, like others "LIKE TO KKNOW" what do you actually do with our posts?

Do you share them with GM techs for possible resolution or are you on here just to try and pacify us with your BLANKET RESPONSES?

My ZL1 as at the DEALERSHIP for a week, they thought they fix the problem and when I get home to park the ZL1 everything went haywire from power steering to brakes, etc.....

See my next post!!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:24 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
First, I would, like others "LIKE TO KKNOW" what do you actually do with our posts?

Do you share them with GM techs for possible resolution or are you on here just to try and pacify us with your BLANKET RESPONSES?

My ZL1 as at the DEALERSHIP for a week, they thought they fix the problem and when I get home to park the ZL1 everything went haywire from power steering to brakes, etc.....

See my next post!!
"Do you share them with GM techs for possible resolution?"

Certainly!

We have a documentation system that we can add notes to for our technical teams to review moving forward. I realize your frustration, hence my sincere attempt to reach out to you to provide additional assistance. Feel free to contact me privately at your convenience and I'll see what we can do.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care