Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #29
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
Just had a rock hit the windshield on my 1 1/2 week old Camaro. A couple hours later the were two big cracks running up from below the wiper blade. $697.00 for a new one at the Chevy dealer. However, whoever did the install did a good job on the actual windshild installation, but now my rear view mirror hits the roof console/map lights. It goes back on Sat for them to correct that.

I am really not happy with this. My 1994 Buick with 174,000 miles traveled on the same road every day as the Camaro, got hit with a small rock on occassion, and never got a chip or crack. Now I have to pay the $500 deductible. I just changed my insurance to zero deductible for glass in case this happens again.
linc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #30
B@tman

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by linc400 View Post
Just had a rock hit the windshield on my 1 1/2 week old Camaro. A couple hours later the were two big cracks running up from below the wiper blade. $697.00 for a new one at the Chevy dealer. However, whoever did the install did a good job on the actual windshild installation, but now my rear view mirror hits the roof console/map lights. It goes back on Sat for them to correct that.

I am really not happy with this. My 1994 Buick with 174,000 miles traveled on the same road every day as the Camaro, got hit with a small rock on occassion, and never got a chip or crack. Now I have to pay the $500 deductible. I just changed my insurance to zero deductible for glass in case this happens again.
The dealership didn't offer to replace it free of charge?
B@tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #31
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by B@tman View Post
The dealership didn't offer to replace it free of charge?
Nope, and I even bought this dent/ding/chip warranty, and they told me it is not covered because the windshield cannot be repaired. It has to be replaced.
linc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #32
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchw View Post
If they outsource installation, make sure the installer uses GM glass, otherwise your windshield won't have the GM logo, and it will be obvious it's aftermarket glass.
I got a Pilkington windshield, but no GM logo.

Has anyone gotten a replacement windshield WITH the logo? I'm told they don't exist.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #33
B@tman

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by linc400 View Post
Nope, and I even bought this dent/ding/chip warranty, and they told me it is not covered because the windshield cannot be repaired. It has to be replaced.
Mein GOT!

man, I can't believe a chevy dealership KNOWING how many windshields get destroyed via whatever reason chevy won't fix their windshields. Won't replace yours? That is crap, I'm sorry sir/maam but that is utter BS.
B@tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #34
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
It only takes about an hour after they start on it. Some do a sloppy job if its not at a dealer, or your not there. I made sure I was there at the dealer the whole time...just to take a good look after it was done, "Just in case"...no problems, dealer makes sure they do a "clean" job.
The guys that did mine last week (Glass Doctor)took over 2 hours. They were incredibly careful to not damage anything. They put tape on the front of the roof, and on the edge of the hood in case they bumped it with the windshield. They liked my car so much they took several pictures of it! I gave them a $40 tip because they were so careful.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote