Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-29-2017, 04:53 PM   #29
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Racer View Post
First of all, this is not the first time this topic has been brought up in automotive history. If anything is going to stop the horsepower wars, it's going to be the rapid depletion of the world's oil supply which has in turn pushed forward the rapid development of Electric, hydrogen, and ethanol vehicles.
Don't forget diesel. Half, or more, of the cars on the road I saw when I lived in Italy from 2012-2014 were diesel. Even saw a couple of diesel Panameras. Diesel cost more per liter at the pump than regular gas but the economy is better.

Most foreign car makers (i.e. VW, Audi, Fiat, Volvo, etc.) are producing the crap out of diesel cars for Europe. My guess is will start to see more of them in the next 5-10 years as the Europhiles start asking for them here. The Diesel truck craze is just the beginning.

As for me, don't care. The more diesels on the road the less demand for regular gas - not that that'll get us anywhere cost wise, oil companies are still an oligopoly. meh.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:57 PM   #30
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Just the fact that any of them are discussing it...It has not been discussed that way with other high-powered cars (since the early 70's) that I've seen/heard until now. Will this make insurance companies rethink insuring sports-cars??
Insurers and the political lobby killed muscle cars in the 70s because guys were street racing and crashing them at an insane rate. There are faster cars (and bikes) than the Demon. What could go wrong this time? It's a Challenger and zero effort was given to making it a controllable, handling, street car! Given its projected price and limited availability, I doubt it will be an actual problem

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 04-29-2017 at 05:20 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #31
Stoner

Drives: 2017 ZL1 HBM, M6
In California........Paint it black, call it an "assault vehicle". Banned for sure!!

Stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:22 PM   #32
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
In California........Paint it black, call it an "assault vehicle". Banned for sure!!

Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:24 PM   #33
bucknut2006

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10, 2015 C7 Z51
Saw a similar post on another forum and the scariest thing on the road is the first time driver adults from other countries pouring into the area. Many didn't grow up in a car culture or anything that resembles following the laws of the road.