Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-15-2016, 10:14 PM   #323
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
It didn't kick in because it only addresses one for one replacement of OEM parts with second party/after market parts. It does not cover modifications that add/introduce new parts/systems.
Good explanation. Does this mean that something like an intake spacer would create the same result?
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:37 PM   #324
maddoxrs

Drives: 2014 LT1 Red Hot
I seriously spent 10 minutes reading the original post. The op was very meticulous with details. After all of us get outraged with his facts he changes his stance or decides it isnt worth it? I can see not wanting to pursue a lawsuit that could be a large task, but why does he admit defeat?. There had to be additional conversations. Did the dealer offer something? We need the rest of the story. This is starting to seem like the last episode of Lost. Was your car dead the whole time?
maddoxrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:49 PM   #325
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
A million ways to read it suppose.

I guess we just want to make sure we don't loose sight of the underlying, and far more ominous issue at hand.

GM is a company that is keen to split hairs with owners on warranty issues, and show little, if any, respect to outside engineers who create something that can fix a problem with a GM design. How omni-potent and arrogant is that?

Seriously? We all know what running without a catch can will do to a Direct Injected engine after a while. So does GM, hence the new, lower 60k mileage warrantys.. which is about how long it will last before it needs a valve job or more...

All bow to the mighty GM.....idiots. DI engines and no support for them....
Old 05-15-2016, 10:56 PM   #326
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post
So , what happen with the Magnusen / vs GM thing , why it didn't kick in and worked like it suppose to work ?
I'm just curious about that , and on the same token , what's going to happen with all the manufcters /buyers/users that have those catch cans installed
Will it be a cleanup case that all or most of the users will be removing it from their cars , specially the ones that care to keep and still are under the GM warranty time/mileage ?
The Magnusen Moss Act is legislation created from case of law. In order for it to "kick in" the consumer must file a law suit using this legislation as the basis for the suit.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:00 PM   #327
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoxrs View Post
I seriously spent 10 minutes reading the original post. The op was very meticulous with details. After all of us get outraged with his facts he changes his stance or decides it isnt worth it? I can see not wanting to pursue a lawsuit that could be a large task, but why does he admit defeat?. There had to be additional conversations. Did the dealer offer something? We need the rest of the story. This is starting to seem like the last episode of Lost. Was your car dead the whole time?
I think it's pretty simple, he needs the car running, he knows how to fix it and can, and fighting it means lawyers, courts, money, and time.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:25 PM   #328
RAMTechRob

Drives: 2016 Camaro White 1LT
That's why I leased mine for 55K miles. Turn it in and get a new one.
RAMTechRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:36 PM   #329
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Better question: Who has had any aftermarket part installed and had warranty work done after the install?
muffler delete. I got a whole new motor
Old 05-16-2016, 12:10 AM   #330
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i havent read through the 5 pages of this but if all you had was a catch can or even a CAI then gm is clearly violating the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. If you hired a lawyer to inform them that you would take them to court they would most likely reverse their decision.
How long will the car be down probably years if you wait for GM to do it. If you pay registered repair shop to do it now you would most likely be refunded after your case was decided in you favor.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:17 AM   #331
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Do me a favor and pull the oil pump and see if it has metal shavings in it.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:20 AM   #332
Ponchonutty

Drives: 2012 SS L99 Converible
/\ ditto above. The M vs. M act clearly states that in order to allow a dealer/vehicle manufacturer to deny warranty because of the installation of said part, they must prove with out a doubt that either the product or the way it was installed was a direct cause of failure to the affected vehicle. Failure to do so means they have to uphold the warranty and/or supply similar product free of charge PERIOD! Anyone with $.02 worth of mechanical knowledge knows a catch can will in no way cause the issues at hand. This dealer and GM are clearly going against Federal Law
Ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:01 AM   #333
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
GM is going to care less and less as the 2016's start rolling onto the road I feel for the OP and think he did a stand up job keeping his cool and his integrity hope your rebuild works out for you.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:20 AM   #334
Gearheaded

Drives: 2014 SS
I don't think the MM Act is as cut and dry as everyone makes it seem. After reading the actual law, it seems more like installing aftermarket replacement parts instead of OEM is covered by the law, not additional aftermarket parts. Just feels like too much grey area in the words to be as simple as some make it seem.
2009 YZF R1 - Race bike (road course)(totaled racing)
2008 YZF R6 - Race bike (road course)(still own)
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:43 AM   #335
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
I am pissed with GM and I will be shopping competitors should I decide to purchase a new car. They can go pound sand!
You really think Ford, Chrysler, Audi, Nissan... ANY other car company, would be any different when it comes to warranty policies?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:52 AM   #336
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
I think it's pretty simple, he needs the car running, he knows how to fix it and can, and fighting it means lawyers, courts, money, and time.
BINGO! Sometimes we have to bite the bullet and move on. The legal aspects of a law suit could drag on for a couple years with his car still sitting. He could spend more in legal fees fighting this than just rebuilding the engine and then still be out for repairs. Lesson learned.

P.S. I am still going ahead with LT headers, exhaust and tune knowing I am going to lose my warranty.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote