Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-27-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Ordering question....

This is a question for Becky or anyone really....

The time is starting to come and getting ready to order a 2017 2SS maybe as soon as tomorrow if the deal is good. Called our salesman who we dealt with when my parents bought their 2016 Suburban to get the ball rolling, and he mentioned about he was going to look into if they could change a current general order to the specs I want.

My question is would that mean the car could potentially get here sooner then a fresh brand new order? That would actually be not preferable since I am trying to time the cars arrival to when the temps warm up. I figure if it was a fresh order tomorrow, the car would come in late March, early April which would be fine. Now an earlier arrival would be fine depending on what happens to my current car...

Either will be trading it in or selling it to a family member for their kid to drive it as their first car. If I end up selling it to the family member, I can park the Camaro until the temps warm up and keep on driving my Saturn. But if they are still unsure about buying the car when it comes in, it will get traded in and then the Camaro is my daily driver.

I do follow the order tracking thread, and I believe when a member did do a change to their order it went back to 1100 or at least 2000 I think. But that was for a 1LE which was just starting to roll out.

Anyway... any help would be appreciated and look forward to joining that order tracking thread myself.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
It appears the LT1 is on constraint right now..... not sure for how long.... that would hold things up for a bit....

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481933
Old 01-27-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Saw that as well. Interesting how there are no LT1's for next week. Guess GM is probably focusing V8 production for the SUV's/trucks and any LT1's for the Corvette as they build up inventory in anticipation of the shut down of Bowling Green over the summer for retooling....
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:14 AM   #4
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
If the order status has not passed 3000 and the change is accepted by Chevrolet the status goes back to 2000 and sometimes up to 2500 the same day.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:59 AM   #5
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Either way, an order will take about a month to come in, in my experience. Weather should be better by then.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:20 AM   #6
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
GM is taking two weeks to reconfigure the shifts at the Grand River Assembly plant.

They will produce a lower number of vehicles while people get reassigned to different teams, shifts, or facilities.

Once the reassigned employees have learned new jobs on different teams, the plant will ramp back up to normal volume.

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/GMs...411200195.html
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote