Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-06-2021, 10:30 AM   #1
Aven

Drives: 2020 2SS A10
Borla 60606 x pipe installation question

Found a Borla 60606 local, cool. Installing it with a Corsa Extreme axle, hoping it’s a little louder than stock.

My question is, for the passenger side pipe flange do I need to get a replacement gasket? Spent like 15 searching “GM flange gasket” and “GM cat gasket” and got mixed results. I’m not sure which one I need, unless I can just reuse the old one.

https://imgur.com/a/72vQukp

Aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:16 PM   #2
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
RH exhaust manifold steel shim gasket

This is a very common steel shim gasket used by GM on many cars. Yes , replace it , I even double it up by using the existing and putting the new one right on top of it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39348381185...4f04255dd9cc2b
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 12:48 PM   #3
Aven

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
This is a very common steel shim gasket used by GM on many cars. Yes , replace it , I even double it up by using the existing and putting the new one right on top of it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39348381185...4f04255dd9cc2b
Thank you!
Old 12-07-2021, 05:18 PM   #4
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
[QUOTE=Aven;11105852]Found a Borla 60606 local, cool. Installing it with a Corsa Extreme axle, hoping it’s a little louder than stock.

My question is, for the passenger side pipe flange do I need to get a replacement gasket? Spent like 15 searching “GM flange gasket” and “GM cat gasket” and got mixed results. I’m not sure which one I need, unless I can just reuse the old one.

Yes it will be louder than stock and you may want to try just the 60606 by itself before removing the stock muffler(s).
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:47 PM   #5
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aven View Post
Found a Borla 60606 local, cool. Installing it with a Corsa Extreme axle, hoping it’s a little louder than stock.

https://imgur.com/a/72vQukp

Is your car a non NPP now? I ran a borla S axle back with a hooker mid pipe that eliminated the secondary cats, it was too loud, Ran the hooker mid pipe with the stock non npp muffler, too quiet. Running the Borla S with the factory mid pipe with secondary cats, perfect for me. Another thing I hope you are considering , on a auto trans car, the AFM operation will be much more audible when you mod the exhaust, shut down AFM and you will also need the AFM valve simulators so you do not get a CEL. My A10 car drives so much better with AFM tuned out .
Old 12-08-2021, 01:51 PM   #6
Aven

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Is your car a non NPP now? I ran a borla S axle back with a hooker mid pipe that eliminated the secondary cats, it was too loud, Ran the hooker mid pipe with the stock non npp muffler, too quiet. Running the Borla S with the factory mid pipe with secondary cats, perfect for me. Another thing I hope you are considering , on a auto trans car, the AFM operation will be much more audible when you mod the exhaust, shut down AFM and you will also need the AFM valve simulators so you do not get a CEL. My A10 car drives so much better with AFM tuned out .
It’s a NPP system, I have the AFM range disabler so as long as AFM isn’t functioning the CEL light shouldn’t bother me as much since I heard the simulators fail after a few months
Old 12-08-2021, 04:40 PM   #7
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aven View Post
It’s a NPP system, I have the AFM range disabler so as long as AFM isn’t functioning the CEL light shouldn’t bother me as much since I heard the simulators fail after a few months
The AFM simulators provide a mechanical stop, the simulators are made of steel that bolt up to the AFM motors. The AFM motors have a arm that makes a sweep to open and close the valves, the simulators provide the stop resistance to indicate full open position or full closed. They cannot go bad. If you live in a state where they do emission testing, A CEL can cause you to not pass.