Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
AGC70

Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/RS L99 Coupe
It's a disgrace

I live in Maine and where I live just received 27" of snow from one storm. All psyched up I got the snowmobiles running and trailered them down to the corner gas station. I pull in and there is a dude in a 16 or 17 Camaro SS completely covered in salt and sand really? Man put that thing away and get a shitbox truck for the winter. Maybe that was his winter beater and has a Lamborghini for the summer lol
AGC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #2
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
Some people just got it like that! $$$

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #3
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGC70 View Post
I live in Maine and where I live just received 27" of snow from one storm. All psyched up I got the snowmobiles running and trailered them down to the corner gas station. I pull in and there is a dude in a 16 or 17 Camaro SS completely covered in salt and sand really? Man put that thing away and get a shitbox truck for the winter. Maybe that was his winter beater and has a Lamborghini for the summer lol
Theres a few 15 or so Mustang GTs where I work that guys drive year round...one even has the black rims with stock tires.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:28 PM   #4
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Like in your lower pic?
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #5
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I drive my 2012 Camaro 1SS 12 months a year. 365 days 7 days a week. Driven it through two blizzards. Taken it to work when the folks with SUVs called in. Routinely covered in salt and snow.

If my Chevy can't take it, then it's a real piece of shit. I spent almost 20 years in the collector car hobby. Take my word for it: a 5Gen Camaro SS is not a collector vehicle. 2SS/RS? They made a LOT of them. It's not even a new model any more. Don't confuse your car with something that is an investment and don't think you'll own it in 20 years. That's extremely rare.

Here's a pic after one of the little storms we have had in the last few years

Old 01-03-2017, 07:30 PM   #6
audiowhiz

Drives: 2005 Corvette M6
Relax, it's just a Chevy.
audiowhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #7
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
I drive my 2012 Camaro 1SS 12 months a year. 365 days 7 days a week. Driven it through two blizzards. Taken it to work when the folks with SUVs called in. Routinely covered in salt and snow.

If my Chevy can't take it, then it's a real piece of shit. I spent almost 20 years in the collector car hobby. Take my word for it: a 5Gen Camaro SS is not a collector vehicle. 2SS/RS? They made a LOT of them. It's not even a new model any more. Don't confuse your car with something that is an investment and don't think you'll own it in 20 years. That's extremely rare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiowhiz View Post
Relax, it's just a Chevy.
Nailed it . Now if it was a ZL1 or Z28 I might think differently.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:39 PM   #8
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
I drive my 2012 Camaro 1SS 12 months a year. 365 days a week. Driven it through two blizzards. Taken it to work when the folks with SUVs called in. Routinely covered in salt and snow.

If my Chevy can't take it, then it's a real piece of shit. I spent almost 20 years in the collector car hobby. Take my word for it: a 5Gen Camaro SS is not a collector vehicle. 2SS/RS? They made a LOT of them. It's not even a new model any more. Don't confuse your car with something that is an investment.
Now these kind of posts confuse me. Im well aware of whats a car investment and what isnt. My 2011 Camaro RS/2SS is sitting in my garage out of the snow and salt. Why? Because I plan on keeping this car pristine for a long time. I dont care how much its worth or how many were made. In 25 years my daughter...or grandson will have an Inferno Orange 2011 Camaro SS with decent mileage and hopefully original paint to take on nice cruises and car shows. And still be able to beat it up a bit at the drag strip if they want. My car my rules...you drive yours all you want but dont critique people that choose to take a little pride in their cars. Its up to the person not the people.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:41 PM   #9
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Now these kind of posts confuse me. Im well aware of whats a car investment and what isnt. My 2011 Camaro RS/2SS is sitting in my garage out of the snow and salt. Why? Because I plan on keeping this car pristine for a long time. I dont care how much its worth or how many were made. In 25 years my daughter...or grandson will have an Inferno Orange 2011 Camaro SS with decent mileage and hopefully original paint to take on nice cruises and car shows. And still be able to beat it up a bit at the drag strip if they want. My car my rules...you drive yours all you want but dont critique people that choose to take a little pride in their cars. Its up to the person not the people.
+1, yeah!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:43 PM   #10
Zezima

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Get it all out
Zezima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:48 PM   #11
AGC70

Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/RS L99 Coupe
Quote:

Here's a pic after one of the little storms we have had in the last few years

Oh I agree with what your saying, I have no false expectations on the value of my car, not sure how that was extracted from what I said. I just think they are a beautiful car and it's a shame to see one caked in road salt and sand. Kind of like taking a harley cruiser on a motor cross track. It can be done, just wrong tool for the job. Imo
AGC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:48 PM   #12
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
It's a disgrace.... when I fart in a snow bank and there's no salt around!
Old 01-03-2017, 07:51 PM   #13
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
Quote:
Nailed it.

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:58 PM   #14
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Camaros are great cars but it is not a Ferrari.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote