Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 12-02-2016, 11:04 AM   #29
Bobfly
OspreyTech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Yeah, this problem isn't tramlining. I've got 23,000 on my SS. Running different tires on it now. I commute 115 miles every day on the same roads and one day it will track straight and the next day it will pull slightly left and the next to the right. It's done it since it was new but it's not pulling hard to one side or the other. More like if you let go of the steering wheel it will bias one way or the other but you can definitely feel it in the steering wheel. Strange problem.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:20 PM   #30
vaspen

Drives: 2017 l4 blue 6speed
update for mine they had to recalibrate the sensors on the steering ? but regardless it fixed a lot of it
vaspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #31
BamBam2SS

Drives: 2017 2SS/M6 W/MRC & NPP
Noticed the 1LT (non RS) I have as a loaner did this once, I thought it was weird.

Not my car so I didn't care, Just noticed it had a prominent pull to the left that remained the entire trip but went away the next time I drove it.

I know what tramlining is, I had a 370Z for 2 years before I got my 2SS that had a tendency to follow every line on the road (and haven't noticed this on the 2SS yet but I haven't really been able to drive it).
BamBam2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 03:07 PM   #32
ric68stang

Drives: 2016 rs convertable
The car pulls

I have a 2016 Camaro in for alignment 4 times. On the fourth time they finally called GM and they said they know all about it . They said it is a software issue . They said there is a torque compensator programmed into the stearing. Which is electronic stearing . They don't have a fix for it yet. They are expecting to have one by February.
ric68stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:43 PM   #33
vaspen

Drives: 2017 l4 blue 6speed
Ric68stang
Like I said they resetc mine and recalibrated mine and it fixed it
vaspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:39 PM   #34
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
In an attempt to improve ride quality GM and all car manufacturers, have decided to go with electronic control of your steering, they have software that learns the pitch of the road and manually adjust like on an airplane, this works but if you go on a long drive it can store the data of the road as your heading N on I95 to the right but as you head S it's still set to the right.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:14 PM   #35
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Sounds similar to an issue they had with the previous generation Malibus. Symptoms sound eerily similar. It was a faulty steering rack or something if I recall. Malibu forums have long threads about it.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:36 AM   #36
TwistedLT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, MT6, NPP
I have this but actually pretty bad. Does it every drive and won't hold an alignment now. Had 3 since October and 2 of those in the last month. To tell me it's from the roads here and normal wear from driving is BS. Something has cause it. I've also noticed the front tire at least the passenger side waddles side to side as it's moving. I told one dealership that, and they blew it off. Now another dealership and are telling me it's just normal from the roads. To top it off, during this, I've developed the diff rub.
TwistedLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:04 AM   #37
TwistedLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric68stang View Post
I have a 2016 Camaro in for alignment 4 times. On the fourth time they finally called GM and they said they know all about it . They said it is a software issue . They said there is a torque compensator programmed into the stearing. Which is electronic stearing . They don't have a fix for it yet. They are expecting to have one by February.

Do you know of a TSB or anything for this. So I can shove it down the dealerships throats for telling me it's the roads causing my alignment to go off. Not Tramlining either, I know the difference. When the hooked up to test the alignment and EVERY time the camber AND toe are off considerably.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:14 PM   #38
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
I used to have this and I swear I thought I was crazy. Dealer checked alignment multiple times and said it was perfect.

To this day it pulls to the left or right randomly, even when the road is perfectly smooth. A restart seems to fix it
Old 01-18-2017, 01:22 AM   #39
TwistedLT1

I have recently heard of a sensor or gearing being changed in some 16 models. I know picking my car up last night it pulled hard right and shook badly. This RIGHT AFTER an alignment (#3 in 3 mo). Today though still shook a little it did drive better. Had to go to my local mechanic who verified he could see my front tire wobbling. Almost as if the wheel is warped.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:38 PM   #40
TwistedLT1

Update to the front wheel issue. Bent rim. Dealer never tested it. Local tire shop did though. Now it's not a repairable item through GM, but I have the extended warranty on them.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:43 PM   #41
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi TwistedLT1 and others,

We understand how this concern can be frustrating and would be more than happy to assist any way that we can. Please feel free to send us a private message if you'd like to discuss further. Be sure to include your full contact info, VIN, mileage and preferred dealer.

Bret B.
GM Customer Care
Old 02-01-2017, 11:11 PM   #42
TwistedLT1

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi TwistedLT1 and others,

We understand how this concern can be frustrating and would be more than happy to assist any way that we can. Please feel free to send us a private message if you'd like to discuss further. Be sure to include your full contact info, VIN, mileage and preferred dealer.

Bret B.
GM Customer Care
I'm sure you guys would be more than happy considering I've already turned down one offer from GM since filing a claim with the BBB. I'm done dealing with a company who doesn't care about their products.