Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 01-17-2017, 11:56 AM   #29
Tanvir_sarwar

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCGxKaLiBeR View Post
FYI.. I visited two differnt dealer. They replaced the TSB fuel line, then belt tensioner pulley, then checked exhaust system, engine bay, then give me the final answer "we drove another camaro and it has the same noise, so there is nothing wrong."

I reached out to GM twice about this.

First time, they said they are aware. I asked what was it, they said they will get back to me. Its been a few month now, no news. I replied twice, no answer.

Second time, they said they will follow up with the dealer. They will provide more info back to me. Again... haven't hear since.

I used Rislone and BestLine engine oil treamment in two different oil changes. It is quieter now but still noticeable. I soon bought RANGE AFM module, it now stays on V8 mode all the time, I still hear it slightly but I think I just have to deal with it.
You bought a brand new car. I don't think you should have to live with its deficiencies. The car offers cylinder deactivation....why should you have to live with V8 always in order to avoid something the car should not be doing in the first place?
Tanvir_sarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:32 AM   #30
Tanvir_sarwar

A general update, and a disappointing one to be honest. GM Canada has informed me that they spoke with my dealer, specifically the Service Manager, and he has informed GM Canada that there is nothing wrong with the car. Apparently now the diagnosis is that it is an exhaust drone, and its normal. A Product Information Report (PIR) has been sent to GM and if enough people make the same complain, they'll review the PIRs and act accordingly. In the meantime, until the dealership claims there is an issue, the matter will not be escalated any further. And basically, I have to live with it.

Does anyone know what I can actually do at this point? I mean the immediate option is to take legal action. But anything I can do before that?
Old 01-18-2017, 03:33 PM   #31
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
In the video, it sounds like the engine is lugging from being in too high of a gear for the rpm vs load. Don't know about the A8, but this is one of the things I don't like about automatics, they tend to not downshift in situations like this. Sometimes you have to either blip the throttle a little bit, or let off completely for a second to coax it to downshift. Or use the paddle shift to down shift.

Didn't hear anything weird at idle, just the engine purring.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:35 AM   #32
Tanvir_sarwar

I've been told that by the dealer as well. It is the engine lugging at too low of an RPM. What struck me as odd, however, was how loud it was and how initially I didn't hear this noise at all. After the picking up the vehicle its not as if my driving characteristics changed drastically, or the geography of where I was driving, to bring about such drastic change in engine noise.

Also, this isn't just at low RPMs and low speeds. I have notices, especially in the last few days, that the noise has increased in higher speeds. And at higher speeds the sound isn't a low grumble, it transforms into a higher pitch "boom" sounds. Sounds like a subwoofer on around 70Hz. On the highway it gets so loud that I can barely hear the exhaust. There is no way, in hell, this is normal. And I'm amazed that the dealership has driven it several times and still feels that way.

I am trying to get a second opinion from a second dealership. But I'm not having such great luck. Since the car is so new, 1 month to be exact, they ask if the car was bought at their dealership. When I say no, they ask where it was bought and how come I haven't taken it there. Once I explain that, the response is well if another GM shop says this its most likely that. And so right off the bat they've already conditioned their brains to think its normal.

This is becoming really frustrating. And I am starting to regret getting the Camaro.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:41 PM   #33
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Good afternoon Tanvir_sarwar,

We certainly understand your dissatisfaction and apologize for any frustration caused. If interested, we'd be more than happy to reach out to your dealership regarding further clarification on your last appointment. To proceed, please send us a private message.

Hope to hear from you,

Bret B.
GM Customer Care
Old 01-27-2017, 12:59 PM   #34
Tanvir_sarwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Good afternoon Tanvir_sarwar,

We certainly understand your dissatisfaction and apologize for any frustration caused. If interested, we'd be more than happy to reach out to your dealership regarding further clarification on your last appointment. To proceed, please send us a private message.

Hope to hear from you,

Bret B.
GM Customer Care
I've sent a private message.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:06 PM   #35
Tanvir_sarwar

Update - the weather has been on the colder side here in Toronto. And I've noticed the groaning is definitely louder in the cold.

No response from GM customer care, but will be taking the car to another dealership this Friday.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #36
Lashu74
Lashu74

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanvir_sarwar View Post
Update - the weather has been on the colder side here in Toronto. And I've noticed the groaning is definitely louder in the cold.

No response from GM customer care, but will be taking the car to another dealership this Friday.
No response?!? That's surprising, they sure make it look good on hear adding another layer of BS...You should try to call them that may help but doubtful. After a month of there added layer I never even got a call. It's hard to believe these cars are still selling with all the issues that have been uncovered. But I guess most don't come on this forum until after they have purchased one or begin to have problems. I was just reading an article today about the quality awards GM has won and how prices are still dropping on these cars despite how great they are.
Lashu74 is offline   Reply With Quote