Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 01-07-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
devsfan1830

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT - Blue Velvet
Engine vibrations/hesitation switching from V4 to V6?

For the past few months I've been noticing a vibration from the car when my cruising allows the engine to switch to V4 where I assume it basically parks two cylinders to improve mileage at cruising speed. When I accelerate while at V4 the car switches back to V6 but is preceded by a very noticeable vibration in the seat like it is initially misfiring and then settles out and everything is fine. I only started noticing after they applied some mystery firmware update to the transmission back in Oct. My service receipt says " PERFORM RECALL 331108 - SPEED TRANSMISSION TURBINE SHAFT FAILURE CAUSE : 33110 Perform Transmission Control Module Reprogramming with SPS ward code 18C41"

Thing is I'm not sure if the update caused this or if it was always there and is otherwise normal. I'd like to see if anyone else has had similar experiences.
devsfan1830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:25 AM   #2
Smithr66

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Same here! Immediately after they made that download. Glad to know I'm not the only one....exact same issue.
Smithr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
devsfan1830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithr66 View Post
Same here! Immediately after they made that download. Glad to know I'm not the only one....exact same issue.
Guess I'll bring it up at my oil change and inspection on Fri. Fully expect them to check for a code that likely wont be there since I've never gotten any check engine lights, find none and be told NAHHHH its FINNNE rather that either test drive it for themselves or have me reproduce it for them.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:27 PM   #4
Dayle1

Drives: 2016 Hyper blue coupe V6/auto
Mine makes the transition very smoothly, sometimes so smooth the indicator is the only clue. Under stronger acceleration, I can feel the extra cylinders kick in. But then my Camaro has not been back to the dealer, so no recall work. Also, mine was built early June, so it may not even have an outstanding recall. When was your's built?
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #5
devsfan1830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayle1 View Post
Mine makes the transition very smoothly, sometimes so smooth the indicator is the only clue. Under stronger acceleration, I can feel the extra cylinders kick in. But then my Camaro has not been back to the dealer, so no recall work. Also, mine was built early June, so it may not even have an outstanding recall. When was your's built?
Got mine last April and im fairly certain like yours mine transitioned smoothly. I only knew about it when i was messing with the menus and saw the indicator. The "recall" update was not applied because I brought it in for that. I took it in to have my seat cover fixed and they took it upon themselves to apply the update. At the time they disnt say anything about a recall but when I got home and read the invoice i saw the recall. The only clue I found about a recall is this http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=42

My guess is the update was to prevent damage either until a part is ready or to prevent the need to ever do the repair. Seems like whatever they did altered the V4-V6 switch.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:25 PM   #6
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Had mine since July and I never even notice when it makes that transition. Definitely take the car to the dealer. Let us know what was the outcome if you can, Im curious...good luck
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #7
Guthdawg

Drives: 2017 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan1830 View Post
For the past few months I've been noticing a vibration from the car when my cruising allows the engine to switch to V4 where I assume it basically parks two cylinders to improve mileage at cruising speed. When I accelerate while at V4 the car switches back to V6 but is preceded by a very noticeable vibration in the seat like it is initially misfiring and then settles out and everything is fine. I only started noticing after they applied some mystery firmware update to the transmission back in Oct. My service receipt says " PERFORM RECALL 331108 - SPEED TRANSMISSION TURBINE SHAFT FAILURE CAUSE : 33110 Perform Transmission Control Module Reprogramming with SPS ward code 18C41"

Thing is I'm not sure if the update caused this or if it was always there and is otherwise normal. I'd like to see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Same issue here too.
Guthdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:29 AM   #8
devsfan1830

Finally had my car in yesterday and they told me everything is normal. Said they checked diagnostics and made sure the update was properly applied. No issues. The vibration and hesitation is due to the cylinders starting up again and its just a normal thing for such a thing. So either it was a placebo effect of knowing an update was applied and me expecting to feel a difference in the car, OR something could be wrong and my dealership just brushed me off. Mines a lease and if something breaks then fine, warranty handles that. Plus now I at least have it in writing that I raised a complaint and they told me nothing was wrong. So if anything happens it's on them.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:13 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi devsfan1830,

I’m sorry we weren’t able to get to you sooner. If you would like for us to look into this further, and reach out to your dealership, please let us know in a private message! Be sure to include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and dealers name.

Bret B.
GM Customer Care
Old 01-25-2017, 10:20 PM   #10
devsfan1830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi devsfan1830,

I’m sorry we weren’t able to get to you sooner. If you would like for us to look into this further, and reach out to your dealership, please let us know in a private message! Be sure to include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and dealers name.

Bret B.
GM Customer Care
I've reached out via PM as requested. I'd just like to know for SURE if this is normal behavior or if something needs to be tweaked.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:23 PM   #11
Camar05

Drives: NGM '16 2LT A8
I'm having same issue after the recall. I have an appointment on the 2nd. Will post an update here.
Camar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:25 PM   #12
devsfan1830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camar05 View Post
I'm having same issue after the recall. I have an appointment on the 2nd. Will post an update here.
How far back was the update applied and are you certain the vibration was not there before?
Old 01-26-2017, 06:14 AM   #13
obarry13

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I was having the same issue. After reading the other thread on this issue, I brought mine in to my dealership. On the 2nd time I brought it in, they finally replaced my Torque Converter and now my car is back to 100% normalcy!
obarry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:32 AM   #14
devsfan1830

Quote:
Originally Posted by obarry13 View Post
I was having the same issue. After reading the other thread on this issue, I brought mine in to my dealership. On the 2nd time I brought it in, they finally replaced my Torque Converter and now my car is back to 100% normalcy!
After looking at the other threads Im starting to get pissed with my dealership because it seems like the exact same problem. I apply light throttle in V4 mode and the car vibrates as it goes to V6. The key difference though may be how violent yours were compared to mine. My "shudder" only happens for a brief moment and only in that scenario. Applying gas and accelerating in any other circumstance is fine. Car idles fine too and i only feel it in my foot and ass of my seat. Its not like the whole car frame rattles. Depending on your answer I may need to give my service center an earful.