Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-15-2016, 10:27 PM   #57
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
This might be the option codes for the 2017 1le.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...&highlight=A1y
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:55 PM   #58
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
No. awesome result. More power to putting a track setup on a v6. But using the designation 1LE and having two completely different 1LE package contents is moronic and nothing but a greedy marketing ploy.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:04 AM   #59
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
You guys are like little kids who belong to a club and some new kids want to join you don't want them to.

Kind of pathetic.

And most of you don't even know what the club is about in the first place.

1LE - handling package; not car like the Z/28. Plain and simple. You can put the 1LE handling package on anything you want and it doesn't dilute anything because it's just a package; like the technology package is just a package.

And the V6 1LE was only 2.5 seconds slower on the Lightning Lap than the 2013 1LE despite being down almost 100 HP. So whatever handling bits it has are apparently better than yours.

Over on the Gen6 board everybody except the Mustang guys are giving the V6 huge props... as it deserves.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:01 AM   #60
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
You guys are like little kids who belong to a club and some new kids want to join you don't want them to.

Kind of pathetic.

1LE - handling package; not car like the Z/28. Plain and simple. You can put the 1LE handling package on anything you want and it doesn't dilute anything because it's just a package; like the technology package is just a package.

And the V6 1LE was only 2.5 seconds slower on the Lightning Lap than the 2013 1LE despite being down almost 100 HP. So whatever handling bits it has are apparently better than yours.

Over on the Gen6 board everybody except the Mustang guys are giving the V6 huge props... as it deserves.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:03 AM   #61
failshift
Banned

Quote:

Kind of pathetic.

Exactly. It's a package. Not a designation. Yet. Now that package has two completely different meanings.
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:13 AM   #62
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Exactly. It's a package. Not a designation. Yet. Now that package has two completely different meanings.
Because it's on two different cars. You'd set up a V6 differently than a V8. What's optimum for a V8 would not be for a V6 and vice versa.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #63
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Wow I am surprised at the reactions here. Coming from the perspective of someone that runs his 5th Gen 1LE in SCCA FS class and understanding that there is NO WAY in hell that the V8 1LE will remain in FS and will probably get moved to AS where there are much more capable cars and it will get overshadowed, the addition of the V6 1LE is very welcome. Considering that an Ecoboost Mustang Performance Pack placed 3rd in FS at Nationals this year I think the V6 1LE in FS will be a force to be reckoned with and in the 1LT trim level a very attractive price as well. I have spoken to many of the guys I autocross with who drive a large variety of cars and every single one of them is looking at the V6 1LE right now since everyone believes it will kick serious ass there.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:34 PM   #64
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Wow I am surprised at the reactions here. Coming from the perspective of someone that runs his 5th Gen 1LE in SCCA FS class and understanding that there is NO WAY in hell that the V8 1LE will remain in FS and will probably get moved to AS where there are much more capable cars and it will get overshadowed, the addition of the V6 1LE is very welcome. Considering that an Ecoboost Mustang Performance Pack placed 3rd in FS at Nationals this year I think the V6 1LE in FS will be a force to be reckoned with and in the 1LT trim level a very attractive price as well. I have spoken to many of the guys I autocross with who drive a large variety of cars and every single one of them is looking at the V6 1LE right now since everyone believes it will kick serious ass there.

"Very attractive price"

The tested car was 43k lmao
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:15 PM   #65
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:

Kind of pathetic.

Having a 1LE package on anything, like you say, does not make it a 1LE. Nor, will it perform like a true 1LE. So why are your panties in a bunch?
Old 09-16-2016, 07:04 PM   #66
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
"Very attractive price"

The tested car was 43k lmao
That's why I stated the 1LT trim level when I specified attractive price. (bolded it for you so that you wouldn't miss that detail a second time) The 1LT 1LE would sticker at $32,895 which I am certain with good negotiation could be had for just about $30k even. That's the same price as other very popular autocross cars like the Miata Club. I am also reasonably sure that the V6 1LE in whatever trim level, will be more competitive in FS than the V8 1LE will be in AS or BS against C5 Z06's and regular C5 Vettes and Porsches. I personally like the SS 1LE and would love to have one some day but it just bums me out that it is unlikely to be as competitive in autocross in street classes due to the competition it will be running against. The V6 1LE should kick the living shit out of an EB Mustang W/PP that came in 3rd at Nationals a week ago.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:25 PM   #67
1leWorksforMe

Drives: 1le
Quote:

Kind of pathetic.

Try 5 seconds slower (the v8 1le driver admits he missed a shift and predicts it would have been 2 seconds faster) so that's an eternity. Also, nobody is saying the gen 6 v6 1le is crap (I actually think it's awesome for what you get), some are just saying it's no v8. Not that it really matters either way.

1leWorksforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #68
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
No thanks, not for me, V8 or you can keep it! How about a Z26, that sounds nasty also!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:58 PM   #69
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
I don't really care either way, but it does seem a bit misleading to call them both 1LE's... they don't share the same parts at all from what I've read.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:09 PM   #70
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
No thanks, not for me, V8 or you can keep it! How about a Z26, that sounds nasty also!
C'mon bro.. Don't you wanna take that $ for the loss of the 1LE loss and get the new one with the v6.. Hahaha.. Just kidding. I hope things are looking up there for you and the family following the flood loss headaches. Are you looking for another gen5 1LE?