Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 06-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #15
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Thats fine. Keep your ugly ass car. I would rather have a slower better looking car. To each his own.
I appreciate many different cars, looks are very subjective, and I can understand not everone likes everything and thats cool with me. Can't wait to get one in the garage. It will be a great stabe mate for my also ugly ZL1
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:50 AM   #16
pgviper

Drives: 67 Pro Touring Camaro
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Thats fine. Keep your ugly ass car. I would rather have a slower better looking car. To each his own.
"My car is better looking than yours" (said in a snotty childish voice)... said every person who has seen tail lights...

Has it really come to this? How many times does there have to be a "looks are subjective conversation".
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:31 AM   #17
crangie

Drives: Camaro ZL1 #641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
And that is what you will be seeing on the new Alfa just the butt. It is a seroiusly quick car. On the road course you will be lucky to even keep it in view.

At 3400 lbs and 510 hp the car will be fantastic. I plan on sloting one in the garage right next to the ZL1
+1
crangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #18
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
The Giulia weighs about a 1000 lbs less and has more power. In stock form it is the fastest 4 door sedan around the ring to date. It is already faster there than the 5th gen Z28. It is not a quarter mile car, but will smoke the new ss on the road course. Of course in the US it is going to command a price, so really its apples to oranges.

The car is crammed with cool featues. Auto blip will shut off automatically if you heal and toe, dynamic suspension, speed variable downforce. However the best part will be the fact that despite all of the tech involved, much of what happens is up to the driver where the marque has always excelled for over a hundred years. Driving experience, car feedback. It wlll be a very driver connected car.
I think it is a cool car. I always liked Alfas when they were in the US when I was growing up.

I have to say, though, that I am not sure how to bet on when (or if) it ever makes it into the US.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:42 PM   #19
fattyz28

Drives: 20 2SS 1LE
I really like the hood, sides, and back. But man that front end is terrible. 34 mpg with 500 hp would be nice too
fattyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:37 PM   #20
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
I think it is a cool car. I always liked Alfas when they were in the US when I was growing up.

I have to say, though, that I am not sure how to bet on when (or if) it ever makes it into the US.
It will be here in the fall. My local dealer is taking deposits in a month or two.

http://alfaromeo.niello.com/lineup-g...adrifoglio.php
Old 07-06-2016, 01:01 PM   #21
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Everyone has their opinions but I personally think that car is gorgeous.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #22
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
That's the car I was holding out for until they announced the last delay. I'm so glad I kept my old car for the winter (and hauling my son around) and got a real sports instead. It looks like a great car on the surface, but deep down inside I was terrified of owning an Alpha lol.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #23
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I am just curious, if anyone is thinking that you might need two cars, if you owned one? It is an Alpha. The Top Gear folks seemed to make a lot of fun of the brand. While the Spyder was a beautiful roadster, one usually saw it sitting on the side of the road with the bonnet up.

Last edited by Lafourche1; 07-06-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:44 PM   #24
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
It snows a lot here and it already doesn't make much sense to haul around a 6 year old in a new sports car in bad conditions, let alone if you've already got a 4 door sedan with 100k miles on it, generous ground clearance, AWD and dedicated snow tires. Square peg, meet round hole...not to mention cheaper to insure the camaro for half of a year vs. insuring a car twice as expensive all year round. Having a lifetime unlimited mileage warranty on the sedan was the icing on the cake. Regardless of my conditions I don't think driving the Camaro during a snow storm is good idea, and it's not really practical as a family car either.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #25
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
It will be here in the fall. My local dealer is taking deposits in a month or two.

http://alfaromeo.niello.com/lineup-g...adrifoglio.php
The URL you posted says "winter" now, but I don't mean to pick nits. I think your dealer is being optimistic. I hope I am wrong, because it looks like a really cool car, but I am still skeptical. Sorry.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:12 PM   #26
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
I am just curious, if anyone is thinking that you might need two cars, if you owned one? It is an Alpha. The Top Gear folks seemed to make a lot of fun of the brand. While the Spyder was a beautiful roadster, one usually saw it sitting on the side of the road with the bonnet up.
I have owned a bunch of Alfa's and still have one. Were talking about 30+ years of ownership. Never had a single breakdown ever. They do need an understanding of maintenance, and quirks of the design. The worst for the US was the Spica mechanical injection years. It was and engineering masterpiece that was misunderstood here in the states. To tune it you needed special tools and had to follow the sequence exactly. I have an Alfa now with a modified Spica pump for racing. Easy set up if the sequence is followed.

More or less an Alfa on the side of the road has been poorly or improperly maintained. If maintained correctly they are near bullet proof.

Oh and it is Alfa, not Alpha.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:18 PM   #27
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
The URL you posted says "winter" now, but I don't mean to pick nits. I think your dealer is being optimistic. I hope I am wrong, because it looks like a really cool car, but I am still skeptical. Sorry.
Lol yea no doubt. The 4C was delayed so many times, but it made it.

I havd a friend who raced in Europe in the 60's and he says it was like this.

You need a new engine or major part.

The Italians...... it should be there sometime this month, or maybe next month
The Germans..... it will be there in three days which is Monday.... at 8 am.