Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #127
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike502 View Post
Hey you are bossing over @ the Shelby sub forum.

So how do you like the SS? That LT1 has good torque especially down low!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #128
Mike502

Drives: 2016 C7 conv 7 speed. Black/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post

So how do you like the SS? That LT1 has good torque especially down low!
Torque 400+ @ 2000rpm. Pulls stumps for sure. I think they solved the need for a catch can also on the revised engine.
Only got 120 miles .....so far I really enjoy her. The mag ride in track mode is a lot of fun. The exhaust mode option is nice and I've got it set on wide open. I like the way the 8 speed auto shifts fast. Like I said I need to break her in before any hard driving. I'd didn't want just a track car so all the extra features are really nice. It reminds me of a caddy CTS-V in a way but $15K less. with some track attitude.
Oh yeah the wifi and nav and all the settings are outstanding. Blind spot mirrors are a must in this car. I've always liked the HUD display.
This really is what I've been looking for in a fast looking design. I think the design has grown on me since the introduction.

Last edited by Mike502; 12-09-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Mike502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:48 PM   #129
TheSpectre

Drives: Boxster GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Good color choice on the Stang.
Fabulous colour!

Quote:
I've owned my share of Shelby GT500's and a few Camaro's. When I drove the new SS last week I bought the damn thing. That's how good I think it is and I even traded in my 13 Boss302. They hate me over @ the G6 mustang forum.
Wow, I drove the Boss 302 and freaking loved it. Possibly my favourite Mustang (of course, have yet to drive a GT350). I don't know if I could part with it for a "regular" Camaro (I.e., not a Z or 1LE). You have me even more excited to drive the SS when they show up locally than I already was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Congrats! It looks aggressive and very nice in all black... don't worry I won't hate you. To me, these are all fine high performance cars.
I'm with this guy.

Last edited by TheSpectre; 12-08-2015 at 05:00 PM.
TheSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:49 PM   #130
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
Now the Mustang will start to catch up to the Camaro after the 1/4.....

I know....its comical. Anything left that hasn't been outright proven or shot down already is being grasped onto. Just like the torque multiplications and calculations they all had figured out before the head to heads were released. It was determined the cars were .1-.2 apart. What really happened? An over half second bitch slap

By 150 mph the damn mustang is going to be 10+ car lengths back. Maybe try a 100mph roll on? give me a break...the car gets yanked by the 6g in every way shape form speed angle you name it. And on the road course.

Also...they are comparing the edge the 5.0 had on the 5th gen ls3 to how it is now. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

The fricking cars ran within a tenth or two in mag reviews and private owner hero times are within a tenth between the 5th gen and 5.0. Trap speeds are within a mph or two as well. The cars were a drivers race.
L99 vs 5.0....not so much.

I don't know what some of them are smoking but Id like to try some...
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #131
Mike502

One more picture
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike502; 12-10-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:40 AM   #132
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
The failure of Ford was to build an all new GT that is slower than the outgoing GT in the quarter mile which is where the GT has always lived. In their desperation to unseat the SS 1LE with their PP which failed, they ignored what their fans wanted.

As a Mustang fan this past year has been brutal. All the excitement about how the GT was going to be lightweight, have higher hp, and be a 1LE crusher all failed. Next Dodge offers up the Scatpack which instantly outruns the GT on the street and strip, next comes the 6th Gen SS which outruns the GT on the street, strip, and track.

Now the news that the new SS is so good it may give their GT350 all it can handle in non R form. Wait though another hammer will fall soon when the next 1LE runs with their GT350 track package.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:44 AM   #133
Mike502

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
The failure of Ford was to build an all new GT that is slower than the outgoing GT in the quarter mile which is where the GT has always lived. In their desperation to unseat the SS 1LE with their PP which failed, they ignored what their fans wanted.

As a Mustang fan this past year has been brutal. All the excitement about how the GT was going to be lightweight, have higher hp, and be a 1LE crusher all failed. Next Dodge offers up the Scatpack which instantly outruns the GT on the street and strip, next comes the 6th Gen SS which outruns the GT on the street, strip, and track.

Now the news that the new SS is so good it may give their GT350 all it can handle in non R form. Wait though another hammer will fall soon when the next 1LE runs with their GT350 track package.
You hit the nail on the head. I was a little disapointed when the GT350 1/4 mile times were released @ 12.4. The forum guys were all over me and said go buy something else because the 350 is a track car. There are several track cars out there that are much faster then 12.4 . If you look @ the sales brochures from the 14 C7 they always have the 1/4 mile times. Why Ford would not post any was a question I always had. Now I know why.
So I took their advise and cancelled my GT350 and bought a 2SS and saved over $12K @ MSRP Most have a $5K adm I got lucky. I wasn't planning on this until I took one for a ride and read the reviews. Outstanding work GM did with the new SS both style and power train.
It's got luxury and track attitude if you want that. It's also got track attitude with out luxury if you want that. Ford charges $6500 for the track pack with mag ride then gives you $750 worth of springs , brace and a slightly bigger spoiler but no luxury @ all. GM charges $1695 - discounts for mag ride. The other option is luxury ( tech package ) $7500 including mag ride without the track package. It's either one or the other but not both.

Last edited by Mike502; 12-10-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:32 AM   #134
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
You hit the nail on the head. I was a little disapointed when the GT350 1/4 mile times were released @ 12.4. The forum guys were all over me and said go buy something else because the 350 is a track car. There are several track cars out there that are much faster then 12.4 . If you look @ the sales brochures from the 14 C7 they always have the 1/4 mile times. Why Ford would not post any was a question I always had. Now I know why.
So I took their advise and cancelled my GT350 and bought a 2SS and saved over $12K @ MSRP Most have a $5K adm I got lucky. I wasn't planning on this until I took one for a ride and read the reviews. Outstanding work GM did with the new SS both style and hardware.
It's got luxury and track attitude if you want that. It's also got track attitude with out luxury if you want that. Ford charges $6500 for the track pack with mag ride then gives you $750 worth of springs , brace and a slightly bigger spoiler but no luxury @ all. GM charges $1695 - discounts for mag ride. The other option is luxury ( tech package ) $7500 including mag ride without the track package. It's either one or the other but not both.
This is what is funny. What was the first thing that owners of delivered cars did with them? They didn't go to a track they took them to the strip.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #135
ssyellow1

Drives: Mustang
Then again, its hard to go to a track when you get your car in November as most are closed pending where you live.

Speaking to the GT, I'm curious what the gap would be between the new SS if it had the same tires in terms of handling stats. No doubt the Camaro would still have better stats but if anyone has ever driven on P-zeros you would understand how much is left on the table performance wise. I've never driven on the Eagle F1s so I cant really comment on how they are.
ssyellow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:25 AM   #136
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
I honestly don't think that the GTPP was expected to unseat the 1LE, just crowd it a little with better ride quality for the vast majority of drivers who value that over the last few hundredths of a lateral g or marginally snappier turn-in response. Al O pegged the 1LE as a "a car for the 2 percenter's "; my take on the GTPP using the same scale is that it's more like a 30 percenter's car.

Quote:
Maybe the non-R GT350 was targeting the existing 1LE . . . that's kind of what the wheel and tire package is saying to me.

Quote:
In their desperation to unseat the SS 1LE with their PP which failed, they ignored what their fans wanted.
What their traditional fans wanted, anyway. Trouble is, they seem to have managed that without really getting the corner-carving side quite right in readily available trim either.

Quote:
Ford has stepped back more than a little from the drag racing scene, so any de-emphasis on ET's and such in their production cars (and in their advertising) probably shouldn't come as a huge surprise.

Best I can come up with is maybe the powers-that-be-at-Ford don't want the Mustang to be viewed as strictly a one-trick pony in the international market that they're now chasing.

Yes, the new SS has raised the bar.

Norm
Old 12-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #137
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
This is what is funny. What was the first thing that owners of delivered cars did with them? They didn't go to a track they took them to the strip.
To be fair those "first persons" were shops that typically specialize in modifying cars for drag racing.

As near as I can tell, no "actual owners" have run to the drag strip yet.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:04 AM   #138
i_see_st4irs
just a car enthusiast

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2Ls Ls3 swap
Quote:
I've owned my share of Shelby GT500's and a few Camaro's. When I drove the new SS last week I bought the damn thing. That's how good I think it is and I even traded in my 13 Boss302. They hate me over @ the G6 mustang forum.
wow I love your Camaro man that thing is a beast blacked out SS with the A8. Npp, and mrc amazing Car man!
Old 12-09-2015, 10:21 AM   #139
Mike502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyellow1 View Post
Thanks!

2015 GT with the performance pack and Recaros. Sees auto-x and road course duty, not so much drag strip. Couple pics below, and one of my prior toy that put a hurting on a lot of pricy cars.

The Ford boys initially thought I was a troll on their forums due to my name.

Thats one thing you can't do in the 16 SS is hang your elbow out the window
Nice Mustang for sure.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:03 AM   #140
ssyellow1

Drives: Mustang
Quote:
Thats one thing you can't do in the 16 SS is hang your elbow out the window
Nice Mustang for sure.
Thanks and congrats on your purchase also!

I read a review mentioning something about the window being really high up in comparison to where you sit, its that bad?
ssyellow1 is offline   Reply With Quote